Shopping online vs Shopping at your Local Pro Shop Which do you prefer and Why?
Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:37 PM
Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:54 AM
But the other 2 proshops that are witin 30 minutes dont have a great selection of anything but i try to buy from them when they have what im looking for.
Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:17 AM
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101
Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:35 PM
Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:37 PM
Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:02 PM
After my first purchase on the B/S/T thread here I was sucked into purchasing used and online goods.
Although once my local field's pro shop was up and working and their deals are so much cheaper then purchasing online I decided to just stick with them and have the field order my "Special" items.
Plus being around them makes me feel like i'm part of the family.
Hell, getting new BNIB profits for under $70 bucks is worth the wait.
Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:08 PM
Have you asked them to order things? I buy from one of the 3 local pro shops for multiple reasons:
1. MAPS: Most of the time, Manufacturers are incredibly proficient at making sure I'm paying the same price for something no matter where I buy it... Online or in my local shop.
2. Try before I buy: My preferred shop is incredibly excellent about making sure I have the opportunity to actually shoot my next marker before I buy it.
3. Lifetime warranty on any marker I buy. VERY COOL!
4. Coupon book provided with most major purchases: VERY cool! Buy a marker? Get 10% off your Hopper, 20% off soft goods, $10 of a tank, and three free entry passes for friends to come join you. There are more coupons in there, I just can't remember them! LOL
5. If I don't support my local shop, eventually, they won't exist.
6. I haven't found a single item that I want/need that they can't get.
7. They know WAY MORE than I do about what will help me hit the next level of my game. So far, they've been honest and fair with me, even to the point of telling me about a used marker available from another customer. Yes, my favorite pro shop has it's own BST thing going on. :-)
and last, but not least... they're HILARIOUS! I get more abuse from them than any other shop where I spend money... but it's the good kind of abuse. Case in point:
Me: Hey, guys! I'm thinking about buying a new pants/jersey combo. What would you suggest?
Them: Uh... why? You're already decked out.
Me: None of my camo actually matches, and I was thinking about going Blacks instead.
Them: And that'll improve your game... how?
Me: Oh, I don't know if it will... (voice trails off into uncertainty...)
Them: Still using that A5 that breaks every time you use it? Between the upgrades you want to make to it, and the pants/jersey combo you were just looking at, do you realize you could have a new Etha? Heck, you'd SAVE money doing that... and that would make you a better player than new clothes.
Bought the Etha. It's MUCH better than the A5 was, and I've become a MUCH more aggressive player now that I'm getting the hang of it. I had 7 confirmed kills in 3 hours of play last Saturday... now, for many of you, that's not that big a deal. For my style of play, that's HUGE!!!! I often come home not having personally taken anyone out, but having assisted on multiple kills, because I tend to be the guy holding 1-4 people behind a bunker while one of my teammates goes for the kill. I was more mobile, have been having more fun, etc.
All because of some really good advice at my pro shop. FYI: They make much more profit on the soft goods and accessories I was considering than they do on a marker, so technically, they lost money.
That's my 2 cents. Buy local!
Two Planet Eclipse Etha's
Two Tippmann A5's
And a soon-to-be-smaller pile of cheap mechanical markers.
Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:43 PM
But the smaller field can get us deals through ANSgear and other places but he's so small time he just can't afford to big orders and he doesn't like us pre-paying for things cause he's just so busy and doesn't know when he'll have time to do a big order
I love the guy and he's awesome but if I need something I'd rather not deal with yet another company/person/people in between. buying online is easiest for me.
And it's nothing personal to the smaller field but I don't have time to drive 30 minutes to buy stuff that he probably won't have in stock. He'd rather have the help prepping the field and doing work on the field then me spending my money so he can make $9 on something I want
Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:13 PM
I guess I have some more questions.
Does your proshop sell anything through a website/online store? And if they don't, Would you shop at your local proshop's website if they had the items in stock over a bigger online site? And if they have an online store, is it horrible and why?
For those of you who do shop at your proshop, would them having an online site interest you?
The University of Akron Paintball Club
Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:09 AM
I wouldn't shop there if it was still up though, because it really isn't that far, only about 15-30 minute drive to it. I would appreciate a larger stock, although for a store in the middle of a city which mainly surfs instead of paintball, they have a high stock.