HELP help me choose
Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:55 PM
The eXTCy is worth the extra cash.
Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:01 PM
Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:06 PM
Between an envy Blackheart and am extcy, it's a little more of a toss up. The extcy has an on/off asa, and a different trigger. I believe the envy Blackheart is about $20 or so cheaper. But the extcy is still a little more for your money, since it would cost more than the extcy costs to get it on the same level across the board.
With both guns, Blackheart or not, you are getting the same regulator and bolt engine, and clamping feednecks. They will shoot pretty much identically.
Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:51 PM
No the envy blackheart is the same as an extcy.
Are you saying that a eNVy with a blackheart is the same quality of marker as a stock eXTCy?
This post has been edited by mokothemonkey: 06 March 2013 - 10:51 PM
Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:40 PM
- Both are gentle on paint, even fragile tournament grade paint (I have never had a barrel break with either when using quality paint)
- Both have the same efficiency, around 6 pods and a hopper with a 68/45.
- Both have nice programming and are easy to program, however the edge goes to the Extcy because you can program it without dis-assembly and has more features.
- Both are very reliable and easily maintained.
- Both have horrible battery life, but the Envy is slightly better.
- Both stock barrels are just OK but the Extcy barrel performs a little better and is longer.
- The Extcy has the shorter feed-neck which is a plus over the Envy, however both are not tool-less.
- The Extcy has a on/off ASA, which is of poor quality and so really is not an advantage over the Envy (The tank will screw in and out easily under pressure on the Envy)
- The Extcy has eyes so if your using a shake and shoot loader a plus over the Envy, however not a plus if your using a good force feed loader.
- The Envy has the the better trigger and larger trigger frame so a plus over the Extcy.
So that being said I personally prefer to play with the Envy, mostly due to the better feel of the trigger to me (Also I use a good loader and paint, so the eye's are not necessary for me and also I have an upgraded freak barrel kit, so the short stock barrel is not an issue for me)
But if you have and shake and shoot loader and don't want to buy an aftermarket barrel than buy an Extcy.
I'm assuming that you are looking at these because your on a budget, but if your not and have a little more to spend look into a Valken Proton or Empire Axe.
Good Luck and hope this helps
Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:55 PM
Sorry I rushed that post cause I was taking a shit and I realized my phone was on vibrate, so I threw it down on the floor in case it vibrates unexpectedly and I drop it into my post-Taco Bell toilet.
(sig if you do so please)
But what I meant, was that the vibe blackheart was the same price as the extcy. I was using that to back my point that just getting a stock extcy is much better.
Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:18 PM
That is 100% worth it IMO
This post has been edited by madsnipes: 07 March 2013 - 03:18 PM