1. The art or process of producing images of objects on photosensitive surfaces.
2. The art, practice, or occupation of taking and printing photographs.
3. A body of photographs.
Please remember that anyone with a camera can take a photo, and having a camera does not make you a photographer. Taking random snap shots with your camera or phone doesn't mean your a photographer. A photographer is someone who puts lots of time and effort into their craft and strives to make the best images they can. You don’t have to be a photographer to post here but please make sure you know the difference between photography and snap shots. I am also not saying you can't post a snap shot in rate my photo, C&C, ETC. Just please before you click the New Topic button, think to yourself and say "Is what I am about to post really have to do with photography".
1. All TechPb TOS rules apply. if you are not familiar with those, click here.
2. Absolutely no nudity. Images with obvious nudity, exposed genitals and female nipples are not allowed. Links to any site containing such images is also not allowed.
3. No flaming or trolling. Critiquing a photo does not require flaming. Does this mean you can't tell someone there photo sucks? Not at all. If you think someone's photo sucks you are free to be honest about that. But keep it about the photo. Comments like "drink bleach" "you suck at life" "kill yourself" will not be tolerated.
4. Don't cry about C&C if you asked for it. If you can't take criticism, don't ask for criticism. Asking for C&C is basically giving someone a license to rip you to shreds. If you're too sensitive to handle that… then don't ask for it. C&C is rarely positive even for the best photographers here. But if everyone just told you your photos were great you'd never get any better.
5. Post in the correct threads. Before you go hitting the "New Topic" button, look through the threads and see if there's already a thread for what you want to post. Not every photo needs it's own thread. There are threads designed for posting snap shots, photos for C&C, photos for contests ETC…. Questions go in the FAQ thread, and Rate this photo goes in the Rate This Photo thread. Threads opened for snapshots will be closed for your own good.
6. Report problem posts. Have a problem with a post? Use the "report to moderator" button. If you try and take matters into your own hands you may find yourself in as much or more trouble then the person that offended you. Linking new users to this thread is also helpful.
7. Photo posting size. Please don't post photos that are larger than 800 pixels on the longest side. Photos larger than 800 pixels on the longest side are hard to view and mess up the margins making he entire forum hard to read.
8. Rate the picture above you The "rate the picture above you" thread has it's own rules. They are posted in the first post. If you can't follow those rule, don't post there.
9. Threads created with no relevance to photography will be closed and the user warned. This includes (Random Snap Shots, Gun Pictures, Xbox Consoles, ETC.)
10. Copyright Infringement. Any user caught using someones images as their own, or are caught removing or obscuring a photographers watermark on an image will be issued a (3) Day Temporary Ban. This rules applies to all images whether or not the photographer is a member of this board.
11. Rules are subject to change at anytime.
This post has been edited by HKA: 29 January 2010 - 09:06 AM