Parts you will need:
A stock (prefferably from a higher caliber). I found semi auto stocks like the sks to be more forgiving as the internals are bigger and it can fit most of todays markers.
Handguard - whatever design suits your needs
Marker - i used an autococker trilogy, but you can use any stacked tube blowback (with the blowback disabled - see vikingshadows spump project) or phantom
Trigger/triggerguard - make your own or buy one.
Magazine - i used a btsa-17mag, but you can use the copper pipe mod and make your own
Bolt - dont make your own, go buy one, it looks alot better
Barrel - choose one that is long enough to clear the stock.
I used: An autococker trilogy, with 0.695 bore stiffi barrel (fits fs rounds perfectly!), mauser handguard and barrel band, lee enfield no4mk1 trigger/triggerguard and bolt, Bt Sa-17 magazine. 1945 SKS stock made in the tula arsenal, and 1941 SVT-40 sling.
I used an autococker trilogy, and took off the pneumatics. For the LPR, I cutt the font off and used JB weld to seal the air inside. Alternitively you can not alter the LPR and turn the adjustment screw clockwise all the way.
Then I used a hacksaw and cut the grip off leaving the sear intact.
Dremel, saw or sand the inside of the stock to fit the marker and barrel. This stock had a crossbolt in it, so the asa sat underneath this. You will want the marker sitting horizontal to slightly angled (barrel pointing down) and the handguard (if having one) fits snug with the rest of the marker. Make sure any material you take off is even, and more importanly, is equal on both sides of the stock so the marker isnt offset.
It fits! Now to cut the front to fit the mauser barrel band.
Now for the marker:
Note the feedneck. I cut it so the handguard can fit overtop of it. See "Feed" below to see what i did afterward.
The trigger mechanism will be one of the most challenging aspects of your project. I suggest you be creative. I used the existing sear mechanism and a push rod to trip it. In my last project i made a custom sear out of aluminum, as well as a custom trigger attached to each other by a rod. Note in the example below i used the trilogies own stainless steel pump rod to use to trip the sear.
Also note the rod is guided through a hole in whats remaining of the grip frame, and the sear is encased in it as well.
Here is a pic of it in the stock.
There are three bolts needed in this project. There is the markers bolt, the firearm bolt (ill call if the bolt handle for simplicity), and the hex bolt and nut to join the two together. You will also need washers in between these peices. See the parts diagram below:
The bolt handle was cut from a lee enfield bolt and came already with a slot. I used a hacksaw to cut it since its hardened steel. In my last project with the spyder clone, i did not use a hex bolt, i intead attached the markers bolt directly to the bolt handle since it fit inside the hole present.
To make it swivel 90 degrees in my last project i milled a slot in the bolt handle, and tapped the markers bolt for a pin. In this project since material was already cut in the bolt, i cut the hex nut to a point such that it limits the travel of the handle. See pics:
Bolt handle down
Bolt handle up
To feed the marker, you will have to decide what kind of feed you want, and where your marker is feeding from. With trilogys, it is vertical feed. Here are some options:
1. Get a stock class feedtube that attaches directly into the feedneck like a marker - they sell for $30ish
2. Get a phantom feedtube - you may need to cut or tap a hole to do this (Or just epoxy the fucker in)
3. Make a custom copper one (see DIY section of this forum)
4. Make it BT compatible (for the SA-17 hopper)
Additionally you can make it first strike compatible, but you will need to make it springfed. In my opinion you cannot gravity feed these rounds as they are front heavy. They will fall into the marker front first and it will be a mess. If you springfeed them, it will keep the rounds parallell to each other.
I chose the difficult option 4 for the marker, with first strike compatibility. Not only did i have to convert the vertical feed to horizontal feed, i had to take out material for the first strike rounds.
To fit the SA-17 mag, i had to make a riser rail. I used Borgs Mod, but instead of a round peice of metal i used a square one.
To make it FS compatible you will need to grind, mill or otherwise take material off to fit the rounds in. Be sure to not take out too much material such that the bolt doesnt seal the breach. Buff afterwards for a smooth finish.
After all of that, you may want to finish the wood, and paint the marker. See other painting threads for tips and techniques.
And this is the pretty much finished product...
Shooting vid and minor mods to follow...
As for my next project: Mauser stock for myself.
This post has been edited by Danny D: 19 December 2011 - 09:50 PM