9 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,444 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

Alright, here are some tips for the USF club on how to get the most of our practices at CFP

1) Pace - we go to CFP to practice for tournaments. If we don't get the most amount out of every game, we're wasting paint and resources. Don't let the other teams rush us. We have to wait for them, and they have to wait for us. Yes we should be trying to hurry and get as many games in as possible, but let's not slap together 5 on the line and rush to get slaughtered. I see us constantly losing games because we rush to the gate, no one knows anything & then the game starts. Fuck that. Let's take our time, have a solid plan, then execute it. Practice doesn't make perfect, PERFECT practice makes perfect. Let's not rush to get our asses kicked, that doesn't make sense. We didn't drive all the way to Lakeland to get slaughtered because we were "rushed".

2) Ref our games - this is one of the most important things I can communicate to this club. CFP is known at "Cheat-F-P", and for good reason. I have been playing at CFP since 2003, 7 years. Teams have come, and teams have gone. What has NOT changed, is the willingness of the other teams we play against to cheat. They will wipe, they will play on, they will ignore your hits or just blatently wipe them off. Not ref'ing the other team is the easiest way to get max'd on practically every single point we play.

After your game, you need to get air, get paint, wipe yourself off, and get back on the field and ref the games that we play. Last weekend, I ref'd 5 games. Out of those 5 games, 4 times we shot someone who either ignored the hit, or tried to wipe it off during the game. Coincidentally, when we started ref'ing the games, we starting winning games, sounds crazy huh?

3) ref'ing other games- if it doesn't concern us, it's not our problem. Don't coach other people on the other teams, don't ref games that we're not playing, don't get involved. You are only asking for trouble and you're not helping anyone. I don't want to see USF players trying to coach teams, when we've got players that need paint, that have hits all over the place, that need air, that need water, that need to talk about the next game and get a game plan, etc

We don't have our shit together, so why are we trying to help other teams, when we don't have our OWN shit together?

4) Work together - we are a team, we're not out there to play independant, dowhatever you want happy-fun recball. There is ALOT of selfishness and attitude on this team, and it's going to stop. You need to first get your shit together, then you need to help your teammates. Remember this saying, in this order-

Air up, pod up, clean up, water up

Get air FIRST, get your paint, wipe your hits, drink water. I can always hand you a pod, but if you don't have air, you're gun is worthless. Always get air first. Then get paint. Then clean up your hits, then drink water.

Once you are finished and complete, then help your teammates. Help them get air, fill some pods, fill up the caddies, wipe their hits off that they can't see/reach, get them some water. Always inspect your teammates, if you see hits on them, wipe them off!

After talking with Tom, look to see the club split into two sections - the club, and the team.

The USF Paintball Club is basically anyone who wants to come out and play paintball that attends USF. The USF Paintball Team is the dedicated players who have the financial resources and the willingness to put in the time and effort needed to join a D3/D2 team. Right now, we are practicing as a club. Soon, we'll be splitting the club and putting together the team.

The team is going to be the group of players who will represent USF at World Cup and the NCPA. If you want to be on the USF Paintball Team, start getting your resources together both on and off the field, it won't be easy and it won't be cheap

#2 Eat Paint

Eat Paint

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

I always get my air FIRST.

#3 x28marqlover

x28marqlover

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

Is this your team mike?

#4 garrett.luksich

garrett.luksich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

sticky please?
Garrett Luksich
President of USF Paintball

#5 usfbulls13

usfbulls13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

sticky please?

:tup:
Sherwin Mashkouri
USF Paintball Officer

#6 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,444 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

tah-dah!

#7 JBaller

JBaller

SCP Edge

• Banned
  • 12,546 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:52 PM

First After Mike!

It got stickied!!!

w00t!!

#8 Bobslob665

Bobslob665

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

tah-dah!

hax!!
USF SON!!!

message me about herbal incense.

#9 mr.wiggz

mr.wiggz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

What day is the team normally at CFP?

Edited by mr.wiggz, 09 August 2010 - 10:26 AM.

#10 SWAT3050

SWAT3050

TechPB MilSim Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:58 AM

I pinned it for you guys. Please refer all new club members to it thanks.

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." -Napoleon-
Kickin Ass And Takin Names The American Way
"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users