anonymouse

Suspect

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

in response to

it's a one year membership

Our server bill to host the forum runs almost a $1,000 per month. The player's club fees help us keep the forums alive.

Remember the old days, when once we had 150 people on the site it would crash? We could go back to that, it doesn't affect our videos at all

Yes, it is a ONE YEAR membership, not a lifetime membership. We had this in a couple sections on the site, but lost some of the conversations in the forum transfers and crashes we had in the past.

If you don't agree with the one year policy, we'll gladly refund your money and send you on your way. It's a one year membership

i dont care that the terms changed and i understand that things cost money. i care that you changed them without making people aware of it - send a mass message to every pc member or something next time

now, im either going to start a paypal dispute or refund you the money you sent me, which would you prefer me to do? i expect my PC status to be reinstated as soon as either one happens.

another question : since it's a 1 year thing, does that mean everyone gets a new item every year? (t-shirt or whatever)

refund issued, status changed back to member

anyone else have a problem with Player's Club being a 1 year membership? I have the paypal account open, I'll gladly issue refunds. This is a one year membership, and the terms of the player's club membership can be changed at any time.

It's not a lifetime membership, one year

also, don't just remove my status in order to deal with me, it doesn't stop me from viewing that section of the board. you could have just said that it was a yearly thing and that would be that.. but no, you decided to be a jerk about it and remove my status rather than letting me see your answers to my questions. yes im annoyed that you changed the terms without anyone being aware (i still consider it to be bullshit that they were just randomly changed), but i understand why at least

fyi, you should probably also change http://www.techpb.co...indpost&p=66486, and any other pages about becoming a member, to reflect the 1 year thing - its news to me and at least one other person I'm aware of.

thanks

Edited by anonymouse, 07 July 2010 - 11:34 PM.

#2 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

Uh, dude. It's always been a one year membership.
Cat Owners club|Dog Owners Club| Christan Ballers Club|Ballers Without Girlfriends club| Lost+Lonely Baller|Indiana Ballers Club|Was Grazi #53

Posted Image

Sponsored by Pinokio Hoppers|Paintball Asylum|Empire Paintball

#3 Miss_Hell

Miss_Hell

I'm Spunky!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:33 PM

Uh, dude. It's always been a one year membership.

I was a lurker here when players club started. It was always 1 year. its a bummer you missed that when you originally read about it :(
Posted Image

#4 TOT Taz

TOT Taz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

Where does it say anything about the membership being a lifetime? I always new it was for a year.

Edited by TOT Taz, 08 July 2010 - 08:32 AM.

First Strike Paintball Field * Flurry Industries

Deadlywind Paintball* Fog Doc

#5 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

since its only for 1 year is the main reason Im not joining.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#6 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

you're money was refunded, and you're status changed back to a general user.

It's a one year membership, it's always been a one year membership. If you "assumed" it was a lifetime membership, that was your mistake.

We could have easily said it was a one MONTH membership, but it's a one year membership. We also reserve the right to change the terms of the membership, as well as any of the benefits of the membership at any time.

You were making a huge fuss about it, so we promptly refunded your money. Don't have anything to complain about now do you?

#7 kace922

kace922

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

It's a one year membership, it's always been a one year membership. If you "assumed" it was a lifetime membership, that was your mistake.

We could have easily said it was a one MONTH membership, but it's a one year membership. We also reserve the right to change the terms of the membership, as well as any of the benefits of the membership at any time.

You were making a huge fuss about it, so we promptly refunded your money. Don't have anything to complain about now do you?

ya its always been a year as far as i know

Edited by kace922, 08 July 2010 - 02:39 PM.

#8 anonymouse

anonymouse

Suspect

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

As I proved in the PC thread: no where was it stated that the membership was only for a year. You do admit that you changed the terms from being vague to 1 year, correct? You're also assuming that people assumed it was a 1 year membership, that was your mistake when you created the threads about joining. I believe you assumed that because Pbnation's ASM program is yearly, everyone who signed up for your equivalent would automatically assume it was for a year as well. You did not make it clear when you typed up the instructions. THIS topic still says nothing about it being a 1 year membership, something I've brought to your attention multiple times yet you still have not changed.

THIS post asks if it's a 1 year membership to which a moderator replies and says "Last time I heard it was a yearly donation." - a very vague statement given the fact that that user is a moderator and doesn't give a definitive answer to the question.

As far as I can tell, the ONLY post in the thread that has any sort of credibility is THIS one because that user is a moderator. However, he didn't seem to be sure what type of membership it was early in the thread. Anyway, lets continue...

In the same thread a user asks "is this one time pay or year round?" to which another user replies that he THINKS its every year. See how many people are confused? Oh, but wait! Further down in the thread someone answers his question and says that it's a lifetime membership.

Another example: this post asks if its for a year and is answered by someone who doesn't completely know - everyone seems to be confused huh?

Because I'm sure you'll bring it up this post and this one are the only two in the thread I could find where someone provides a definitive answer to the question at hand. But do you expect users to actually read that far into the thread to find out how long membership lasts?

By simply replying to users questions in the thread I've been linking to, this could have been avoided, except you nor Willie did.

Since I know you'll bring it up, Willie did say that the membership is for a year here, but that's the only time it ever appears in that thread (not including when his post is quoted). Again, do you expect users to look beyond that first post? That first post, I might add, that said nothing about membership being only for a year up until a few days ago. (Screen shot of the Google cache from June 29th, 2010 here).

Yes, you could have easily said either one of those things yet you did not, and therein lies the problem I have. By not saying anything the information reads as though once you pay your $30 donation, you become a players club member. Doesn't say that you must renew membership every year or whatever, just that you are one.

I didn't really make a huge fuss about it. I was only trying to prove that you did change what the thread said without making anyone aware of it and you do expect users to pay every year, although some of them weren't aware of that requirement. As I said earlier, you should send a message to all the players club members stating that the terms have changed, and it is a 1 year membership. Although you don't agree that the terms have changed, and that it has been 1 year all along, I think I've proven that there has been some confusion from the start.

Did you add the 1 year (365 days) thing a few days ago? The Google cache proves that it wasn't there on June 29th so someone added it - I'm assuming it was you.

What I'm trying to prove is that when I registered for players club, in none of the instructions as to how to join did it say that membership was for a single year, we can both agree with that correct?

And I'll ask my other question one more time: if members have to pay $30 every year, does that mean they will get a new item every year?

Edited by anonymouse, 08 July 2010 - 02:51 PM.

#9 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

dude....shut the fuck up. quit bitching about 30 bucks. dont fucking pay it if you dont want to stay in the players club. holy shit man no one gives a shit about all this "proof" your posting. just shut up and fucking leave if you dont want to pay 30 dollars. stop crying like a little 3 year old about it.

#10 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

If you research the PC thread there are posts as far back as 2008 that state the PC membership is for one year.

#11 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

1) Yes I changed it. We have suffered several forum crashes and several backups that didn't go smoothly and we've lost information that we had going back almost two years. One particular crash we had, we lost many stickies and bulletins we sent out. We've always told people it was an Annual Membership, we've taken votes on what to do on the renew membership, it's always been an annual membership. I edited the post to make sure there wasn't any confusion. When you continued to argue, I issued an immediate refund.

2) Your money was refunded, and I told everyone in the player's club that if they did not agree to the one year membership, that I would gladly refund their money as well. You have been issued a refund based on your numerous complaints.

3) We have almost 500 people in the Player's Club, you are the first and ONLY person to ever complain about ANYTHING regarding Player's Club.

4) You were issued a full refund (in case you didn't read #2)

5) Yes, we will be shipping something else out to the people who renew.

Please read points #2 and #4 carefully, just in case you still have questions or complaints

#12 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

Edit:

Here is a thread, dated November 24th, 2008 that clearely shows the pattern that we have ALWAYS told people it was a 1 year membership-

http://www.techpb.co...?showtopic=8050

It was a one year membership in November of 2008, it's a one year membership in July of 2010

#13 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

Always been a year....

#14 Eat Paint

Eat Paint

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

Wow, so even with 15000 a year income from players club you only have 3000 left after the server bills.

Edit: never mind the sever is free, sorry my bad.

Edited by Eat Paint, 08 July 2010 - 08:03 PM.

#15 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:05 AM

Wow, so even with 15000 a year income from players club you only have 3000 left after the server bills.

I promise you the servers that this board run on are not infact free. all of these posts take up storage space somewhere and the computers that store this data aren't free. you can have a free message board but they are riddled with with adds that you have not control over.
Here is my feedback for BST BST feedback
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
Team: Whatzup
Field: Whatzup Family Fun Park Seven points TX
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

#16 Miss_Hell

Miss_Hell

I'm Spunky!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:15 AM

I promise you the servers that this board run on are not infact free.

Silly boy, everyone knows techpb gets everything for free :wub:

In fact, I heard that BMW is shipping mike a new car sometime later this week.
Posted Image

#17 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:20 AM

Anonymouse: Shut up. You got your apparently ill-invested money back, what more do you have to argue about? Wait, I got something you can argue about.. What size tampon you will need the next time you hit "Reply".

Miss Hell, I actually heard it was a Benz, not a Beamer.. But still, free car!

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#18 novo53532

novo53532

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

dude....shut the fuck up. quit bitching about 30 bucks. dont fucking pay it if you dont want to stay in the players club. holy shit man no one gives a shit about all this "proof" your posting. just shut up and fucking leave if you dont want to pay 30 dollars. stop crying like a little 3 year old about it.

^ this

#19 R-M-I

R-M-I

Angry Norwegian

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

How about just everyone stopped acting like immature asshats..and come with their critique in a decent manner instead of this "fuck you, fuck this, fuck that"-stuff... Wouldn't that be awesome...

The Players-Club thingy was supposed to be a annual\yearly thing... maybe that wasn't specified as good as it should have been a long long time ago..but everyone knows it now... the OP got his money back.. problem = solved.

Now..sit down, count to ten, drink some coffee or something and relax :D

#20 Eat Paint

Eat Paint

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

I promise you the servers that this board run on are not infact free. all of these posts take up storage space somewhere and the computers that store this data aren't free. you can have a free message board but they are riddled with with adds that you have not control over.

Obviously I am aware that it is not free, (he said 1000 a month at the top of this thread) I was just referring to this thread http://www.techpb.co...opic=99497&st=0

#21 acidblasta

acidblasta

That's evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

Obviously I am aware that it is not free, (he said 1000 a month at the top of this thread) I was just referring to this thread http://www.techpb.co...opic=99497&st=0

*Epic self facepalm* I should have known... in my defense it was late at night :P lol oh well I am sure I gave someone a good laugh.
Here is my feedback for BST BST feedback
Matt Hackney Co-Captain
Team: Whatzup
Field: Whatzup Family Fun Park Seven points TX
If your are part of a north or east Texas team fell free to PM me for a joint practice or scrimmage.

#22 paintballjla

paintballjla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

now, im either going to start a paypal dispute or refund you the money you sent me, which would you prefer me to do? i expect my PC status to be reinstated as soon as either one happens.

i would love to see this because pay pal is going to do nothing you bought something (1 year membership to the PC) and your member ship was refunded they are not going to do any thing.

let me give you an example you join a country club pay the member ship fee and go golf while you are there for some reason you violate the terms of use that the club (owner(would be mike in techpbs case)) decides to not let you be a member any more and refunds you money there is nothing that you can do, even if he didn't give you a refund you couldnt do any thing you violated the terms of use.

#23 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

^^^ Thanks for the laugh....

#24 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:39 PM

This issue has been settled and then some. Perhaps if you don't come here from PbN as a proven 4 year ASM and then go on to use accounts from there connected to the same email that you registered here with to post up OUR information to PbN you wouldn't have as many problems. It's been stated from the beginning that the Player's Club is a YEARLY membership, if this was somehow unclear to you then it was due to your failed comprehension of the text in front of you.

Closed.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users