18 replies to this topic

#1 no1mans1land1

no1mans1land1

The guy in the fast car!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:17 AM

so yeah when i ordered my gun it vame with like a bottle of gun oil... it was a package deal sorta thing
is it bad to use gun oil over o rings like on the bolt and stuff or is it just like a liguid version of gun lube????
People ask me "ever freeeze paintballs to really hurt people?" i reply "nah that shit doesnt work, i just use monster balls" (monster balls suck ass)
So when the gun says "o shit he pulled the trigger", the hopper says "o shit I better load" and then loads another paintball.
if the jonas brothers were about to jump off a buildings 95% of teens would be their pleading "DONT JUMP", if your in th at 5% that would grap a lawn chair and a bag of popcorn yelling "JUMP BITCH JUMP" put this is your sig
92% of statistics in signatures are made up

#2 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

well it depends on what gun you ordered. As far as I know, the only guns that use gun oil are mechs and planet eclipse guns. If it came with the gun oil, chances are it is the manufacturer's recommended method. Read your manual and use whatever it says to use. Some require DOW33 lube, some require DOW55 lube, some require gun oil.
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#3 no1mans1land1

no1mans1land1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

yeah its a spyder vs2
its my first marker
and i dont think the manual says anything about types of lube it needs its just says oil the part
but if u need certain types of lube for certain guns
why do people say just get HATER lube and it works for everything??
People ask me "ever freeeze paintballs to really hurt people?" i reply "nah that shit doesnt work, i just use monster balls" (monster balls suck ass)
So when the gun says "o shit he pulled the trigger", the hopper says "o shit I better load" and then loads another paintball.
if the jonas brothers were about to jump off a buildings 95% of teens would be their pleading "DONT JUMP", if your in th at 5% that would grap a lawn chair and a bag of popcorn yelling "JUMP BITCH JUMP" put this is your sig

#4 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

yeah its a spyder vs2
its my first marker
and i dont think the manual says anything about types of lube it needs its just says oil the part
but if u need certain types of lube for certain guns
why do people say just get HATER lube and it works for everything??

well IIRC, hater is a blend between DOW33 and DOW55. Most guns either use 55 or 33, so somewhere in the middle works well for a lot of guns. It doesnt necessarily work for every gun though. Plus I believe there are two different blends of Hater lube which are recommended for different markers.

But not all markers are the same. For example, bob long guns require DOW55 lube, as they are designed to take advantage of the oring swelling properties of DOW55 to make a good seal. Planet Eclipse guns, however, are supposed to use Planet Eclipse gun oil.

But yeah for your VS2, just use that gun oil. Thats all you need, and it will last forever. After you play, pull out the striker and bolt, and clean them both thoroughly. Then put one drop of oil on the striker oring and any orings there may be on the bolt, then rub around the oring with your fingers. Then take a towl and quickly wipe off the excess so that the oring is wet with the oil, but there isnt any one the actual bolt or striker.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#5 no1mans1land1

no1mans1land1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

yeah i completely disassembled the gun (which i really dislike haha the eyes broke probs cause i pinched the wires whatevs)
and i put the oil on the orings on the pressure measurer thing (the manual calls it the valve body) its right behind the lpr
so u put ooil on that cause i saw it had orings... was that a bad thing to do??
and im not supposed the oil the bolt cause it its a "delrin bolt" can someone please explain it says if i oil it the bolt will swell and cause cokcing problems

#6 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

typically, you dont need to entirely disassemble it for general maintenance. All you need to do is the bolt and striker. Maybe every 10 times you play or so break down and clean the reg. Now the VS2 is a little weird in that it has a mini reg inside the on/off asa, correct? That is what you would need to clean and lube. But not very often at all. It is actually best to let it go for a little while (I think most people say 10 cases or something like that). The part that looks like an LPR (right below the barrel) is not a reg. It is your valve stem cover. Also, I think it has an adjustment screw, similar to what the Zenith has, correct? But you dont need to mess with that, either.

You should never have to pull your valve out unless you are having problems with it.

As for the bolt, if it has orings, you put oil on the orings. If it has no orings, you dont put oil anywhere on it. Even if it is delrin and has orings, yes, you still put oil on the orings, you just dont slather oil on the rest of the bolt.

*edit*
and yeah it is a good idea to clean your eyes and detents after a day of play, too.

Edited by danath 34, 21 July 2010 - 10:22 AM.

My Feedback

Posted Image

#7 no1mans1land1

no1mans1land1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

yeah the gun doesnt have a reg u adjust the pressure through the asa
so yeah
i dont play that much and ive never taken apart the asa
should i do that since ive never done it in the year and a half ive had the gun???

#8 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

ummm you may want to. A lot of people say if you dont play all that much, you can clean and lube your regs once a year. Look up youtube videos on how to do it though.

Also, it is very easy to just put a couple drops of oil into the ASA (NOT the tank fill nipple) and dry fire the gun (With barrel off so it doesnt affect your accuracy) 20 times or so. That will get everything that needs lube.

And yeah, the ASA has a regulator built in. It just isnt the 'typical' place, which is the foregrip.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#9 no1mans1land1

no1mans1land1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

yeah im looking at the schematics for the regulator asa thing...
it has like 7 washer diskes and all this small parts and since my gun seem to be working fine im just going to leave it
and yeah i took apart the " the air throught fore grip" its basically just a metal cylinder that air passes through
so yeah i might just leave the asa/reg alone
but tahnks for all you help i might try doing that oil into asa thig
thanks again for all the help

#10 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

Lube is more of a paste...like grease. Oil is well, oil.
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#11 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

Lube is a shortened version of lubricant, which is a broad range of friction reduction products. Grease is grease, oil is oil, and both are lube.

That said, in general, spoolies use grease, and poppits use oil. Other than regs, which use grease.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#12 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

Lube is a shortened version of lubricant, which is a broad range of friction reduction products. Grease is grease, oil is oil, and both are lube.

That said, in general, spoolies use grease, and poppits use oil. Other than regs, which use grease.

stacked tube blow back (spyders/clones) use oil, as do egos. Although most others use grease on the ram, oil on the orings.
My Feedback

Posted Image

#13 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

stacked tube blow back (spyders/clones) use oil, as do egos and angels. Although most others use grease on the ram, oil on the orings.

added a gun you forgot
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#14 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

stacked tube blow back (spyders/clones) use oil, as do egos. Although most others use grease on the ram, oil on the orings.

The Spyders and clones are poppits, which is my point. Also, which poppits use grease on the ram? Bob Longs dont, the Legend doesnt. The DP FX doesnt.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#15 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:02 AM

The Spyders and clones are poppits, which is my point. Also, which poppits use grease on the ram? Bob Longs dont, the Legend doesnt. The DP FX doesnt.

I believe the creed does. And the bob long guns use dow 55 on their ram they dont use an oil.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#16 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

I wasnt saying they werent poppets. and yes, Bob Longs do use grease. DOW55 to be specific. And as far as I know, most other poppets use grease as well. I didnt know the Angels used oil, though...
My Feedback

Posted Image

#17 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

I wasnt saying they werent poppets. and yes, Bob Longs do use grease. DOW55 to be specific. And as far as I know, most other poppets use grease as well. I didnt know the Angels used oil, though...

You can use w/e on angels. You get oil with the gun but i heard they run on just about anything although you gotta take it apart more often which is a nightmare if you dont know what ya doin. I wish most manufacturers recommended the way to lubricate your gun is a few drops every 10 cases...
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#18 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:44 AM

Indeed, that is my bad. But in general, poppits use oil, and the spoolies use grease. Tippmanns and Spyders have a massive market share, as do the PE guns.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#19 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

yeah, that is true. Tippmanns and Spyders are likely the most popular guns out there. There are more of them out there than any other gun pretty much.

But other than them, most poppets use grease.

The Fusion FX uses DP40 lube which is grease.
All BL guns use DOW55 grease, as talked about above.
The Mini uses DOW33, and the manual says, and I quote directly: "USE NO OILS! Do not use oils made for paintball markers, real firearms or pneumatic tools, do not use oils at all."
The Cyborg RX uses Macdev Militia Lube which is grease.
The Impulse uses DOW33 which is grease.
And of course, Ego's use oil.
Infinity Legends use oil as well.
My Feedback

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users