22 replies to this topic

#1 rader12

rader12

Unknown Killers NorCal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:58 PM

hey guys, now im not exactly new to paintball, but i am new to pump guns and stock class guns. i got a pump gun and i am havin a problem with roll outs (ball rolling out of barrel when i point it down). now i checked my gun and it has a detent but the problem is that when the mump goes back, then returns forward, it pushes the ball past the detent so nothing is stoppin it from rollin out. so what do i do? do i get a shorter bolt? the only thing i can see wroun with that is there is essentially no poin left in pumping because the paintballs will just fall into the breach on their own. now, maybe i'm wrong but i just have no idea what to do. soo i would very much appreciate help with this. :blink: :unsure: :huh:
RENDITION VICE
U
nknown Killers

midway paintball CPS paintball
If you were to walk on water, would it be slippery?

#2 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

you need to get a barrel kit that will have insets or backs that can change the back to fit the paintball so it will stop the paintball from rolling out of the barrel.

#3 INOSKEDYOU

INOSKEDYOU

What's barrel tapping?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:37 AM

What kind of gun are you shooting there?

#4 blackcelldrumr15

blackcelldrumr15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:39 AM

I'm gonna guess he's shooting a Sniper (Pumped Autococker). Getting a "shorter bolt" wont help you, a cocker is designed to work the exact way you are describing, its the way the marker functions.

The only way to fix this is to do what was said above, and get a barrel kit. Or you could put a small piece of duct tape on the bottom of the inside of your barrel right at the rear of the barrel where the barrel screws into your marker. Some find that this works, some don't.
My sig was edited because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over 30k so it got G'ed by Kitty

#5 pbgunner93

pbgunner93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:16 AM

what gun are you using?
Team "Nuclear Dinosauer Commandos"
Thanks for helping us get a team name, pm me if you wish to join this team
LilBill78: "do all electric hopper use batterys?"

#6 pbace440

pbace440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

just dont hold the barrel down when you pump,and hold the pump forward dont let go of it
get busy liven,or get busy dien!

#7 rader12

rader12

Unknown Killers NorCal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

im shooting a blue lightning

i think its a psyco ballistics?
RENDITION VICE
U
nknown Killers

#8 goat79

goat79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:27 PM

or pump just b4 you are going to shoot

#9 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,573 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

You have a couple of options:

1. as has been said - get a barrel kit, python backs or something with a small enough bore size to stop the rollouts.

2. Take your one piece barrel and send it in to Palmers Pursuit Shop to have them put wedgets in. Basically they take your barrel and put little dents in it to stop the ball from rolling out.

I play almost exclusively pump and play with a sniper - I like to get the smallest bore I can - I shoot a freak kit with the ,679 most of the time.

#10 rocki

rocki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

ya it is really your only option to get a barrel kit or at least part of a barrel kit, or dont til your gun down

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature

#11 T-Freak

T-Freak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

I have the SAME gun, and HAD the SAME Problem

i fixed it with Nail polish, just use your moms/GFs/Sister whatever....dab some at the front of your barrel (where it screws into your Marker ) all the way around, a good it may be required..but yeah let it dry, and should solve your Prob..fixed mine
iPump

#12 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:34 PM

i fixed it with Nail polish, just use your moms/GFs/Sister whatever....dab some at the front of your barrel (where it screws into your Marker ) all the way around, a good it may be required..but yeah let it dry, and should solve your Prob..fixed mine

i would not recomend this. it can couse the ball being shot to spin, and this spin can couse the ball to spin off in a difrent direction then wich you fired it.

#13 rader12

rader12

Unknown Killers NorCal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

haha that gun is sick isnt it??

well i guess i will get a few backs to match my paint, i doubt i will do the nail polish thing (but thanks for the idea!)

thanks for all the help guys
RENDITION VICE
U
nknown Killers

#14 T-Freak

T-Freak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:15 PM

i would not recomend this. it can couse the ball being shot to spin, and this spin can couse the ball to spin off in a difrent direction then wich you fired it.

haha, no it wont make your ball spin if you apply it correctly..lots of people do this, never affects accuracy..but yeah dont do it if it makes you uncomfortable :P
iPump

#15 GrenadeMaster

GrenadeMaster

Be A Doer - Not A Talker

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

The nail polish one works pretty well.

I have also heard of pieces of electrical tape being used.

Personally I have a Phreak for my phantom.

.679 is the way to go. I can shoot dxs gold all day long in it with no problems.
There's two kinds of people in this world when you boil it all down. You got your talkers and you got your doers. Most people are just talkers, all they do is talk. But when it is all said and done, it's the doers that change this world. And when they do that, they change us, and that's why we never forget them. So which one are you? Do you just talk about it, or do you stand up and do something about it?

#16 old_school_player

old_school_player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

Or if you can't access nail polish, you can use some electric tape in the same fashion just use 2 or three small pieces in side the barrel. Personally though, I don't pump until I've got someone to shoot at and I generally shoot larger paint so my one piece works just fine for me. :D

EDIT: But, of course your best bet is a barrel kit. Most accurate and you can use it on any cocker threaded markers latter on.

#17 tweetyarmy

tweetyarmy

UKS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

if you have a pring i would take it out form the pump kit and leave my bolt a little open before the game and when i pull the bolt to the breech and shoot i shot some with a pm8 doing that in a small speedball field one on one and some time it falls out but not as much
i have a sport trilgy and they do that alot

Jolly Green splatterpb podiumpaintball
fat front player/agg/elite gun owner
Members Of The Owl Council
TWEETY

#18 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:26 PM

could you please retype your post. i think what you are trying to say will be helpful just its hard to understand.

#19 rader12

rader12

Unknown Killers NorCal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:20 PM

^^^^ well i do but still idk why the ball rolls out...... thats why i posted in here cuz i dont know why its rolling out when it really shouldnt be
RENDITION VICE
U
nknown Killers

#20 T-Freak

T-Freak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

because all cockers are open Breeched, so MANY pumped cockers have roll out issues..

all my Pumped cockers have roll outs, i just Nail Polished them and Wala, its fixed :)
iPump

#21 tweetyarmy

tweetyarmy

UKS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:57 PM

could you please retype your post. i think what you are trying to say will be helpful just its hard to understand.

well yeah sorry i do that some times.
wat i trying to say is the bolt is pushing the ball out of the detents so leave the bolt a little open so it dosnt go though the detents.

the spring part it made to bring back the pump handle. so deftting the purpus of doing that trick by the spring pushing the ball past the detents.

also causes it to be harder to cock .

Jolly Green splatterpb podiumpaintball
fat front player/agg/elite gun owner
Members Of The Owl Council
TWEETY

#22 pb4evr

pb4evr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

ya barell kit is wat i would do and ust pump b4shoot
Rusty Glaze fan #1 GLENN TAKEMOTO FAN #2 Gno Benedicto FAN #2 Brian "LB"Fow FAN #2
LA Infamous Fan #3

#23 Newman513

Newman513

PaintballJesus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:36 AM

Just get the barrel kit but your going to have to watch your paint very carefully!!

Posted Image

"Only in the Pump Forum"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users