Photo

Planet Eclipse vs. Dye

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Planet Eclipse vs. Dye (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

1. Voted Planet Eclipse (60 votes [68.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.97%

2. Dye (27 votes [31.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 TheLurker

TheLurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:53 AM

I personally prefer PE. I love Dye as well, but PE are better feeling in my hands (for me, not necessarily everyone).

As for the Geo2, to whoever said the Geo+ sucked...

... it's better than the last one. Period.

Anyway, love both, and I'm just really comparing the markers because I don't buy anything else from them. (All their apparel IS cool looking, but very pricey.)
The only difference between opponents in rec-play and opponents in tournaments is about 10 shots.

#52 Redline Ex

Redline Ex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

all about personal preference!!!

#53 pbking001

pbking001

G-Unit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:58 AM

agreed about the personal preference but thats why the thread was made. the poll isnt asking which is better its asking which do you prefer

#54 PbFreak1095

PbFreak1095

Planet Eclipse Fanboy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

If we stack up everything both companies do for paintball, I'd still say Planet Eclipse.

I own both an Ego and a Matrix, so I can give some perspective on the comparison.

The Ego's almost always come with a better board and a better set of spare parts, that's just how I've seen it to be. For the most part, the only thing Dye has over Planet Eclipse is the "smooth-ness" of their markers, and that's because they've had more time in the spool-valve market. What Planet Eclipse charges for in their markers is totally worth it. The LED board in the Etek3 is (in my opinion) better than the board in the NT. All of Planet Eclipse's high-end markers come with LCD (NOT OLED!) boards while Dye makes all of their markers up to the $1500.00 NT with only an LED board.

Most of Planet Eclipse's accesories and apparel are cheaper than Dye's even when the performance is almost the same. A bolt upgrade on the Ego/Etek is 45 dollars (Cure 3+ Bolt), while for a Matrix, it's 100 dollars (Billy-Wing Bolt). Barrels are cheaper from Planet Eclipse, jerseys are cheaper, ASA's are cheaper, etc.

However, the performance is there in the Dye markers. I own a Matrix and it shoots PHENOMENALLY! I'd just like some of the "luxury" parts and features to be there. Also, I'm a Planet Eclipse fanboy. :lol: ;) :P
Proud Captain of The Purple Parade
Powered and Proudly Sponsored by: Pinokio Hoppers, Planet Eclipse, and Ninja Paintball

I swear I'm >> << that close to bringing a cattle prod with me and yelling "back!!! BACK!!! (zzzzzzzz) BACK!!! ALL OF YOU!!! BACK!!!"

#55 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

I hate the look of the Dye guns, so I voted Planet Eclipse.
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#56 pbking001

pbking001

G-Unit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

I AGREE COMPLETLY. i think dye's guns are ugly, i dont like the shape of then and im not paying that much for a gun that is in my opinion ugly

#57 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:43 PM

I AGREE COMPLETLY. i think dye's guns are ugly, i dont like the shape of then and im not paying that much for a gun that is in my opinion ugly

well your ugly! trololololololo. Jking.

I think I still have to shoot a geo2 to fully appriciate planet eclipse. I have a etek2 and am not impressed and shot a 09 ego and wasn't impressed. I must say though planet puts out a quality product that is reliable. To me the ego line up and poppits just don't impress me what so ever. That is why I say I need to try a geo2 before I can actually pick a winner.
Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#58 No one of Consequence

No one of Consequence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:35 AM

Dye because planet eclipse fan boys are annoying. plus i get the satisfaction of shooting people with out the whole field knowing that im shooting and where im at. I know theres a gripe on not having an lcd or oled stock screen but i mean is it really nessesary? i would much rather mid-game look at a color and know whats going on then try to distinguish what a tiny screen says. granted this is all opinion based(mines a bit biased, cause my ego i had literally had the qev blow up the first time i took it out, previous owner caused that) in terms of a company wide comparison i mean they both have strengths and weakness's.

Edited by No one of Consequence, 14 August 2010 - 02:41 AM.

The blood of the wicked must be spilled. So that witch is good may flourish

#59 pbking001

pbking001

G-Unit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

Dye because planet eclipse fan boys are annoying. plus i get the satisfaction of shooting people with out the whole field knowing that im shooting and where im at. I know theres a gripe on not having an lcd or oled stock screen but i mean is it really nessesary? i would much rather mid-game look at a color and know whats going on then try to distinguish what a tiny screen says. granted this is all opinion based(mines a bit biased, cause my ego i had literally had the qev blow up the first time i took it out, previous owner caused that) in terms of a company wide comparison i mean they both have strengths and weakness's.

That sucks about that ego but have you shot or used another since then? im not trying to sell PE to you just wondering if youd had a chance to use one thats not messed up

#60 Ollie63

Ollie63

O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

1. Dye fanboys are annoying too.
2. No shit its louder, its a Poppet.
3. Yes for a $1050+ gun a LCD is necessary.
4. A tiny screen? Its a lot easier to see than a tiny led.
5. And new ego's/geo's dont have QEV's. :rolleyes:

To view the wall of shame, check my profile.
My Feedback +11/-0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users