• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Hollywood

Captain Hollywood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

Alright, So, I am creating an Advertisement for the launch of my latest shirt design, And I could use some suggestions on what to add, what to subtract, what I could do differently, ect. ect..

Posted Image

There is the first Ad I am working on another 2, One I have pictures for already (Guys Shirts) and the other one I have yet to get the pictures for, due to lack of time (Ladies V-Necks). Besides the crappy modeling =P (all I had to work with people..) which will be getting changed, Any Suggestions?

**Moderators, Please Note, This is NOT, I repeat NOT a For Sale Thread, It is merely a thread to get suggestions for the ad, and If people wish to PM me, Thats not what I intended**

#2 PbGoods

PbGoods

PbGoods.com Owner

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:34 AM

I would suggest a less fancy font, it might be hard to read that for some people.

You got my screen name, talk to me if you want more ideas or let me know what you plan on doing.

You want ads to be appealing and right to the point with minimal distractions (your back ground might have too much going on).

#3 Captain Hollywood

Captain Hollywood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

Alright, Ill talk to you on MSN some time dude!

#4 Kidneys

Kidneys

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

My opinion is cut some of the photo off the guy wearing the shirt.

My opinion is cut some of the photo off the guy wearing the shirt. around the edges. But nice job!!!
I have 3 kidneys, and you don't!!! Tippmann owner #2
QUOTE (CdnNinja @ Aug 14 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what? Maybe I should just stop wearing pants while surfing on TechPB...

QUOTE (PrometheanFlame @ Aug 15 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He does have to pay his bill in buttsecks, though.

#5 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,574 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

one of my biggest pet peeves with any graphic design is fonts that you can't read - and you're treading on that border. If someone can't scan something quickly - then they just ignore it. clean up the font.

second, and no offense intended, and trust me, I'm no stick-man myself, but the picture of the person you have on your ads IS what you're selling. I would do a tasteful shirt on a black cloth or something instead. Clean is better - if you like the design work on the shirt - show it off - you've covering part of the logo with the jacket.

#6 HKA

HKA

Image Creator

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

A new model is needed.

I take pictures and stuff.

#7 Captain Hollywood

Captain Hollywood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:19 AM

Thanks for all your suggestions, Im currently working on a new one, with better models.

No offense taken bryce, No worries :P Im just the guy behind the camera 99% of the time, Just needed something quick done up, and had no time to wait for actual models. haha

From what I got so far:

-Less distracting background needed, Im probably just going to do it up against a brick wall or something.
-Easier font to read, Well, Thats easy to fix, Ill do something like Arial/Times new roman, White, Standing out amongst the wall.
-Just the shirt, No jacket, ect.

Again, Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it.

#8 PbGoods

PbGoods

PbGoods.com Owner

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:31 AM

Instead of a brick wall, do it in a nicer setting.

Your shirt, if I can read the font is suppose to be about Canadian Pride. If it is at all possible take a picture with something that represent Canada.

Or.. You can always take the picture anywhere and use photoshop to edit the model into any scene you want.

#9 HKA

HKA

Image Creator

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:14 AM

Get a good looking chick. Have her were the shirt make sure it's a bit small. Take a pic of her in an urban envioroment and bam you have win.

Kinda like Busted Tee's does.

I take pictures and stuff.

#10 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:07 AM

Definitely an easier to read font.

The background has a lot of room. Why not promote the other shirts, or maybe the yelloow "support our troops" ribbon. Something like that.

#11 lukewarm

lukewarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

bg is fine
change font so it fills the full lateral space
throw a small outer glow behind the text and reshoot the model with a 20 somthin blonde girl

then take all your money to the bank

"are you ignorant or apathetic?" i don't know and i don't give a fuck

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users