• Please log in to reply
1290 replies to this topic

#1051 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

I was going to do some regular maintenance on my Ninja 48/4500 Carbon fiber NINJA tank, it had about 1200 psi left in the bottle, so I screwed it into my gun and took the Macro like off of the ASA and opened the ASA to let the air out of the tank, at a medium speed, I did not open the ASA fully.

After about 10 - 15 second the Tank regulator and Bonnet become VERY cold and then air started to come out of the bonnet and the edges of the regulator, it felt like the small set screws in the side of the Bonnet.

Should this have happened? Has something been damaged from letting the air out?

I don't want to go Paintballing next weekend and not have my NINJA tank.

I opened the reg and all the seals are in good order, no visible damage and the inside is clean and well lubed.

Also you suggest to use Silicone Lube only, the Planet Eclipse gun oil that came with the Etek 3 says it is silicone lube, will this work well ?

the leak is from the piston o-rings and if you clean the inside and re lube the o-rings it should not happen again. if it does then change the piston, it means the o-rings are worn out.

use a lube, not an oil please
NINJA PAINTBALL - PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
Ninja Paintball Factory Tech
If you have a question please post it in the NINJA/PSI GURU forum
DOT Certified Hydro Tester G777

#1052 Catalyph

Catalyph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

I was going to do some regular maintenance on my Ninja 48/4500 Carbon fiber NINJA tank, it had about 1200 psi left in the bottle, so I screwed it into my gun and took the Macro like off of the ASA and opened the ASA to let the air out of the tank, at a medium speed, I did not open the ASA fully.

After about 10 - 15 second the Tank regulator and Bonnet become VERY cold and then air started to come out of the bonnet and the edges of the regulator, it felt like the small set screws in the side of the Bonnet.

I opened the reg and all the seals are in good order, no visible damage and the inside is clean and well lubed.

Also you suggest to use Silicone Lube only, the Planet Eclipse gun oil that came with the Etek 3 says it is silicone lube, will this work well ?

the leak is from the piston o-rings and if you clean the inside and re lube the o-rings it should not happen again. if it does then change the piston, it means the o-rings are worn out.

Thanks for the Info. However the Planet Eclipse "Oil" indicates "Silicone Lube" safe or not ?

Edited by Catalyph, 14 May 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#1053 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for the Info. However the Planet Eclipse "Oil" indicates "Silicone Lube" safe or not ?

i can only recommend ninja lube or a inert silicone lube

#1054 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

That's 65% more bullet, per bullet.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

It's still an oil, and it's not quite the same. Use ninja lube, or dow33

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

#1055 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

Legally, all Ray can recommend is the Ninja Lube, (I think...)

#1056 Catalyph

Catalyph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:46 AM

i can only recommend ninja lube or a inert silicone lube

Will the Ninja Lube work well for the Marker as well ? Poppet such as lets Say an Etek 3 or maybe an Axe?

Edited by Catalyph, 15 May 2011 - 12:46 AM.

#1057 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

That's 65% more bullet, per bullet.

• Root Admin
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:59 AM

Will the Ninja Lube work well for the Marker as well ? Poppet such as lets Say an Etek 3 or maybe an Axe?

Axe: Yes.

Etek/Ego: No. Don't use it on the rammer or bolt. You can use it sparingly in the SL regulator, but if you goop it on there it will gum up the Etek solenoid.

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

#1058 Box

Box

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

hi ray,

bought a 68/45 from you guys back towards the end of '09 and it's worked flawlessly. as per the usual wear and tear, the coat has gotten some scratches and nicks over time, and I was wondering if you guys do re-coats of the ablative gel on the tank? I heard that you guys do from a buddy, and was considering having it done when the tank is up for rehydro.

thanks!

Edited by Box, 27 May 2011 - 03:50 PM.

Posted Image

I speak on experience, and experience only.

#1059 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

hi ray,

bought a 68/45 from you guys back towards the end of '09 and it's worked flawlessly. as per the usual wear and tear, the coat has gotten some scratches and nicks over time, and I was wondering if you guys do re-coats of the ablative gel on the tank? I heard that you guys do from a buddy, and was considering having it done when the tank is up for rehydro.

thanks!

i wish we did but i can't do the whole bottle. We do repairs on chips and use an epoxy but i can't do a whole bottle and make it look brand new, sorry.

#1060 Trum_15

Trum_15

Uber Member

• Members
  • 8,327 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

hey ray i put my SLP tank on a asa with a gauge and it was reading 450, i thought it was suppose to out put right around 300? i know its not the gauge because we tested 3 other slps and they were all right around 400-450.

#1061 dneyn

dneyn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

I have two used Ninja tanks that I would like to take the regulators off of and clean the insides of the bottles. I think one is straight from the factory and one is an Evil brand tank with a Ninja regulator put on by a Ninja dealer. What would the proper procedure for removing the regulator be? They're both empty at the moment and I have a strap wrench. I was thinking of just trying to torque the regulator off or use a wrench on the strap for better leverage and to protect the regulator from damage. If it's too difficult, I'll probably take it to a scuba shop or a pro shop.

Edited by dneyn, 08 June 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#1062 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

hey ray i put my SLP tank on a asa with a gauge and it was reading 450, i thought it was suppose to out put right around 300? i know its not the gauge because we tested 3 other slps and they were all right around 400-450.

SLPs are set at 300 psi and if you tested all the SLP regs and they all read the same then i would say it is the gauge.

we use a digital gague for the SLP and it is 0.5% accurate. recheck the SLP regs with a different gauge if you can. If not you can send it in and we will check but i am 99% sure that they are 300 psi

I have two used Ninja tanks that I would like to take the regulators off of and clean the insides of the bottles. I think one is straight from the factory and one is an Evil brand tank with a Ninja regulator put on by a Ninja dealer. What would the proper procedure for removing the regulator be? They're both empty at the moment and I have a strap wrench. I was thinking of just trying to torque the regulator off or use a wrench on the strap for better leverage and to protect the regulator from damage. If it's too difficult, I'll probably take it to a scuba shop or a pro shop.

i would not recommend that you try it yourself but have a proshop take them off.

worse case is you send them to us and we will remove them at no charge, just shipping.

#1063 lxmastaflipxl

lxmastaflipxl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

hey, i need help in trying to find out the date i need to hydrotest my tank. I have this information off the tank:
DOT-SP14387-4500
TC 3CCm 310
W191290
M4625 12 10 REE 15.2
GC9468S1- D2 6633

How do you read this?

#1064 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

hey, i need help in trying to find out the date i need to hydrotest my tank. I have this information off the tank:
DOT-SP14387-4500
TC 3CCm 310
W191290
M4625 12 10 REE 15.2
GC9468S1- D2 6633

How do you read this?

DOT-SP14387-4500- this tells you who made the tank and how - it is a special permit number issued by the DOT
TC 3CCm 310- this tells you who made the tank and how - it is a special permit number issued by Transport Canada
W191290- Serial Number of the tank
M4625 12 10 REE 15.2- Manufacturer number then the date it was made dec of 2010 then the hydro expansion information
GC9468S1- D2 6633- the Lot code as assigned by the manufacturer

this tank needs to be hydro tested by dec 1st 2015 and cannot be used after dec 1st 2025

#1065 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

I just want to send out a thanks. I finally brought my tank to get looked at. Well, I gave it to one of my friends from LSD and he brought it to be looked at. Ray did a whole rebuild!! Thanks again!!!!

#1066 ThePopoPaintballer

ThePopoPaintballer

"the popo shut us down..... the popo shut us down.... the p

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:27 PM

I wonder what's better?

Guerrilla air 45/3000 steelie?

or

Ninja 45/3000 steelie?

Guerrilla has a 10 dollar difference.

I know you're ninja paintball so....

Posted Image

Current Setup: DP FX; 48/4500 Carbon Fiber; Viewloader Vlocity Jr.; Stock Barrel; JT QLS Mask

First Setup: Invert mini vs2; 48/3000 Steelie; Viewloader Vlocity Jr.; CP 14" Barrel; JT QLS Mask

#1067 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,932 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

Ninja has the better customer service, a better looking logo, a better performing reg, and they have a larger following on TechPB. If you ever have any problems with your Ninja tank, Ray fixes it so fast, you could've sworn he was standing right next to you, tools in hand, prepared to fix anything. He's an awesome guy, great at what he does, and looks like a badass on the field. B)

Go with Ninja, you will not regret it, I guarantee it.

#1068 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:20 AM

I wonder what's better?

Guerrilla air 45/3000 steelie?

or

Ninja 45/3000 steelie?

Guerrilla has a 10 dollar difference.

I know you're ninja paintball so....

of course ninja.

made in the usa
pressure adjustable
alloy bonnet
rebuildable
consistent output pressure
customer service

#1069 Beavfan94

Beavfan94

California Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

Hey Ray, just bought a ninja 68/45 off someone at my field. I was peeling off the hockey tape to put the tank into a cover when i found a scratch. Its not really deep and only a couple inches long. Is it good to go?

#1070 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:13 PM

as long as the fibers are not damaged the tank is safe to use.

can you post pics?

#1071 Beavfan94

Beavfan94

California Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

Yeah sure

I don't think its deep enough to come close to the fibers. Just the top layer.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1072 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

send me a pm with your name, address and phone number and tomorrow i will pm back an ra# and instructions to send it in.

#1073 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

I have a quick question my label on my pure energy 48/3000 tank is really beat up I can no longer read the rehydro date if I send the tank off to someone could fix the label or do I have to buy a new tank
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#1074 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

I have a quick question my label on my pure energy 48/3000 tank is really beat up I can no longer read the rehydro date if I send the tank off to someone could fix the label or do I have to buy a new tank

on that tank it is stamped on the shoulder also, no need for a new label.

#1075 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

On my tank the only thing stamped on the shoulder are the TC and DOT stamps I might be able to post some pictures if needed I allways thought the rehydro date was stamped on the tank untill I bought this one
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#1076 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

On my tank the only thing stamped on the shoulder are the TC and DOT stamps I might be able to post some pictures if needed I allways thought the rehydro date was stamped on the tank untill I bought this one

it should be on the shoulder? the dot, tc info along with the m code, serial number and hydro date. take another look and if possible post some pics.

what is the dot #? if it is 3al then it should be stamped on the shoulder.

#1077 PBFez

PBFez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

Ray, got a couple questions:

1 - I finally got a Luxe... Can I remove the shims to run LP, and if so how many
1.5 - Would the SLP reg work on it?

2-
Rob swore this was you pre-Ninja, but I just had to make sure...
Posted Image

#1078 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Ray, got a couple questions:

1 - I finally got a Luxe... Can I remove the shims to run LP, and if so how many
1.5 - Would the SLP reg work on it?

2-
Rob swore this was you pre-Ninja, but I just had to make sure...
Posted Image

OMG- i shouldn't answer the questions because of the picture!

1- yes you can remove both red shims to get a 500 psi llp pressure for the luxe

2. no the slp will not work very well on the luxe

3. we make a reg for the luxe and othe high end guns - SMP - set at 550 and made to give you the easiest and most efficient reg possible

#1079 PBFez

PBFez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

Haha, blame Rob for that one.. don't kill the messenger please :) ... though I can't help but notice every time i come in here, I have some picture of you :P

Okay, I'll remove the shims and I might get a SMP in a couple months thanks for the help!

Edited by PBFez, 18 July 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#1080 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

Ray...saw this post: http://www.techpb.co...0

Perhaps you can help the guy out.

Actually NVM I saw that he posted in the Ninja forum here as well.

Edited by OOG671, 27 July 2011 - 11:20 PM.

Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#1081 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

Ray...saw this post: http://www.techpb.co...0

Perhaps you can help the guy out.

Actually NVM I saw that he posted in the Ninja forum here as well.

Posted Image

I've got your back Ray. B)

#1082 Calais

Calais

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

I've got a DXS 68/45 that is going to need hydro next month and while its getting hydro'd I want to put on a Ninja reg so I can adjust it to low-pressure for my Vice. Should I send it to Ninja or just bring it to my local pro-shop for hydro, how much should I expect to pay, is there anything I'm expected to do to tank other than empty it before sending it and whats the typical return time?

Thanks,
Calais
No text larger then size 3 is allowed in the signature.

#1083 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:26 PM

If your local shop can install a ninja reg on it, after getting it hydroed, definitely do it that way, You always want to support your local shops first. Call them up tomorrow, tell them you have a tank that needs to be hydroed, and want a ninja reg installed on it after it's done being hydroed, and see what they say. If they say they can't do it for whatever reason, then yes, send it to ninja.

If you have to ship your tank to Ninja, the best way to do it, would be to take it to your shop, have them break the loctite holding the reg onto the bottle, and take the reg off. Then, you can just ship the bottle to Ninja, they'll hydro it, slap a new reg on it, and ship it back. I'm guessing turn around time would be a week, depending on how busy they are. And, in the mean time, you'd be able to sell your old reg, to recoup some of the expense of getting it hydroed by ninja.

However, try your best to do it through your local shop. Without you, they wouldn't be around. And without them, you wouldn't have a local shop. And trust me, until you are without a local shop, you have no idea how useful they are.

#1084 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

If your local shop can install a ninja reg on it, after getting it hydroed, definitely do it that way, You always want to support your local shops first. Call them up tomorrow, tell them you have a tank that needs to be hydroed, and want a ninja reg installed on it after it's done being hydroed, and see what they say. If they say they can't do it for whatever reason, then yes, send it to ninja.

If you have to ship your tank to Ninja, the best way to do it, would be to take it to your shop, have them break the loctite holding the reg onto the bottle, and take the reg off. Then, you can just ship the bottle to Ninja, they'll hydro it, slap a new reg on it, and ship it back. I'm guessing turn around time would be a week, depending on how busy they are. And, in the mean time, you'd be able to sell your old reg, to recoup some of the expense of getting it hydroed by ninja.

However, try your best to do it through your local shop. Without you, they wouldn't be around. And without them, you wouldn't have a local shop. And trust me, until you are without a local shop, you have no idea how useful they are.

what he said is correct - check your local shop first, if not them then PM or call me for details to send it in

#1085 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

I think Ninja needs to make a factory in the DFW area, and put me in charge of it. I can be like Ray Jr. B)

#1086 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

I think Ninja needs to make a factory in the DFW area, and put me in charge of it. I can be like Ray Jr. B)

not sure how to respond so um OK but don't hold your breath waiting for the factory to be built

#1087 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

Just you wait, once I become a millionaire, I'm building a factory, and giving it to Ninja, just so they can have one down here, lol.

#1088 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

Just you wait, once I become a millionaire, I'm building a factory, and giving it to Ninja, just so they can have one down here, lol.

awesome

#1089 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

^mhmmm and I will be richer than bill gates....

Ray what are the benefits of me using a 550reg on my creed

#1090 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

^mhmmm and I will be richer than bill gates....

Ray what are the benefits of me using a 550reg on my creed

shoot faster, hit everything and run like the wind!

just kidding, the 550 is easier on the vertical reg and this means it should be more consistent and more efficient.

#1091 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

hmm i might get it later on...
because i just got a g6r too so now i need the slp! :P
also will the g6r work fine if i set my ninja reg to LP?

#1092 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

hmm i might get it later on...
because i just got a g6r too so now i need the slp! :P
also will the g6r work fine if i set my ninja reg to LP?

LP will be fine on the G6R but get an slp when you have a chance

#1093 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

yup.

what will the difference be?

iknow alot of questions sorry :D

#1094 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

yup.

what will the difference be?

iknow alot of questions sorry :D

slp will be easier on the vert reg and will be a lttile more efficient then the lp

#1095 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:47 PM

Question: I tried to send my Tank in (in a PE 68/4500, but thats not the point) tank to be rehydro'd (for my TC stamp)

Sadly, Pure Energy Red lock tited my Regulator into the Carbon Fiber Bottle.
Is there a way to remove it Without Damaging the Bottle (I dont care about the Reg, they are garbage anyways)
As long as I have a CF bottle it means I save 200$ in Canada land.
buying a new reg is way more worth it to me.

any suggestions, Its REALLY locked in there.
the company the re hydros them sen tit back to me with a note Cannot undo reg.
Vice the reg and twist?

Edited by Eskimo, 10 August 2011 - 09:48 PM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#1096 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

i wish there was something i could do but that happens a lot with that brand.

i could try but there is no guarantee that i can get it

#1097 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

yea, I viced it today and the reg has basically locked itself up, you cannot unscrew, or screw the reg back in. the Lock tite has totally sized it up. and of course you cannot heat the bottle as that would damage it. (at least to the 200 C red locktite requires)

anyways, thanks for the imput, PE is in my dead pile.
By the way, I'm buying a Ninja 50/4500 on Tuesday.
I'm done with sub par brands. only the guys who know their shit from now on.

Edited by Eskimo, 11 August 2011 - 09:04 PM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#1098 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

THANKS!!

the locktite is a problem and if it helps it happens to others.

#1099 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

recommended output on my reg(the adjustable one) pressure for a clone vx?

Edited by TECHDP=), 14 August 2011 - 06:29 PM.

#1100 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

Is it possible to have a local shop order a reg from Ninja

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users