No replies to this topic

#1 Tenet

Tenet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image

I've been to this field several times and think it's the best field and paint deal in the area - They deserve to be more popular!
Formerly known as Survival NY, then Cousin's, this field is now under new management - and they are doing a lot of things right.

Prices:

$70 gets you admission/air and 2000rds of Field Paint (currently, Valken of various grades. Decently shooting, but harder to break then tournament grade).

$55 is adm/air + 1000rds, BYOP is $40 and just the admission/air is $25 if you come back with their paint.

Playing pump you could split a case 4-ways paying $70+25x3 = $145, or ~$36 per person.

Referees:

The referees are young, but very professional and enthusiastic. Even though the team I was with were veterans - safety instructions were announced and rules were strictly maintained, with additional comments specific to each field. The referee also made sure to be present at the chrono station with every gun. During the games there was always a ref in sight for paint checks - they paid close attention to the game.

What was best is that the referees accommodated our preferences as much as was possible - we played multiple rounds on each field. Even when another group was going to rotate in, we could play at least two rounds, and return to that field as soon as it was open again, if we wanted.

Shop and Staging Area:

The air conditioned shop is spartan but takes care of all the essentials. Water/Gatorade, batteries, a small selection of accessories and equipment, and quality rentals that cover anything else. They were happy to assist with gun problems and a med kit was quickly provided when I had to treat a minor cut. Food delivery can be ordered.
They rent out SM Vibes - a decent gun for a rental - good news if you bring a friend or suffer from equipment failure.

The staging area has multiple tables, some in the shade of trees and some under roof cover. They are also building a storage area with lockers for scenario teams. There's a separate building for air fills and the entire place looks like it can easily expand to accommodate a scenario.

The Fields:

There are multiple great woods fields that can be expanded to accommodate different groups sizes and scenarios. We mostly played on the closer woods, the town and hyper-ball - to avoid longer walks in the sun. Survival NY was huge - they have plenty of fields to explore if you can manage the walks - just stock up on ammo and water.

Photos courtesy of Team Prozac:
The town:
Posted Image

Hyper ball:
Posted Image

Photos selected from the PSI website:
Woods - old growth with minimal brush and a good variety of bunkers. Trees thick enough to hide behind or line up for cover.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

There aren't may cons to this field if you just want to play some woodsball shooting premium paint on a budget.
I want to advertise the field because it's one of the few in the area that provides a great paintball experience at a reasonable price - and not enough people are aware of it's existence. Hope this helps!

Website link:
PSI Outdoor paintball field in upstate NY area, offering the best speedball, woodsball, and scenario fields.

Edited by Tenet, 23 February 2012 - 05:20 PM.

NYC Brooklyn Paintball Player - Feedback TechPB MCB
Field Review: Paintball Sports Inc. NY
Bob Long Protege owner - Looking for a Driver from Brooklyn for Woodsball!

#2 Tenet

Tenet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

I want to get a group going to play PSI once a month, on Sundays.

If you want to join such events please leave me a message (cell # would help coordination, but not necessary if you check your PM often enough).

Standard is very simple - play hard on the field, but keep things friendly. No tolerance for wiping.

The current list allows for about 8 people to show up reliably, but it has to double for good action on those fields.

This list is open to anyone that can show up - individuals or teams.
There may be people who would want to drive up to the place, but have no one to go with.
There may be people who can't get there on their own. This list can help both.

Message your location, (optional) cell phone, and next closest dates you can play.

(Sunday isn't set in stone, just seems the most common preference at the moment).

Having a group show up reliably should allow negotiating a lower group rate.
NYC Brooklyn Paintball Player - Feedback TechPB MCB
Field Review: Paintball Sports Inc. NY
Bob Long Protege owner - Looking for a Driver from Brooklyn for Woodsball!

#3 Hooked on Paintballing

Hooked on Paintballing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

it looks like a really nice place. only an hour drive for me. i like the byop policy. will save address as backup thanks tenent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users