• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 King

King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

Alright, so i brought the brand new brown/black g3 to Monster Paintball in Woburn MA today...and a problem occured. Before i go into detail about the problem, ill give u all the backround so far.

I aired it up on Christmas day, and put 4 pods through it. Crappy paint, but not breaks, no jams, and a flawless performance. I decided to lube it up and put one more pod through it and it worked fine. Thent oday i headed over to play some indoor speedball. The first round i played was awesome. The paint was shooting ropes, and i was getting very decent ROF's. We switched sides for a second round, and i noticed that i had one drop off...i assumed it was the regulator needing to be broken in. I thought nothing of it, and waited for the 10 second burn. I ran, slid into back right and came up to get the person who dived too far into the snake and was RIGHT infront of me. With my luck...the gun doesnt fire.

Now, i come back into the bunker and check if the gun is on...and it is. I check the hopper...its feeding fine. I turn the eyes off and it doesnt fire, i turn the eyes back on and still wont fire. I turned it on and off maybe 6 times and nothing. I had to call myself out after 2 minutes of it.

After being furious about it not working, i sat out the next few rounds reading the manuel for a 3rd time. I did everything it said and more.

"change the battery"- Yup
"move the solinoid into place"- Yup
"Adjust the HPR"- Mhm (multiple times)

I took out the bolt, checked all orings, relubed it, cleaned the eyes, i mean everything. I was like, ok after doing everything ill go try and shoot it. Miraculous! it shot. The velocity was at 190, so i turned it up slowly. As soon as i hit around 230, stopped firing. Hopper on, board on, asa on...no shots. I ended up playing the rest of the day fine with my pmr but when u get a new gun, u wanna play with it.

Any help on it? I assume its something to do with the solinoid or regulator since i didnt do much with either. Also...may have NO relevance but i read a lot about new "Reg seats" for the g3 that dangerous power had to give out to replace the old faulty ones. Idk...someone help me!

Thanks,
James

Accuracy by volume

Dangerous power G3 brown/black
Velocity Jr.
Crossfire 45/45

#2 meMYSELFnI

meMYSELFnI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:48 AM

The manual isn't too clear about the troubleshoot section.
The most common problem and the easiest fix for this kind of problem is changing out the sail oring. The oring is the 3rd oring from the tip of the bolt or the rear most oring on the bolt.

There is a simple mod you can do it this ever happens again at the field. Look http://www.techpb.co...?showtopic=2546
It's pretty easy and will keep you playing. It's ment to be a quick fix at the field but many leave it that way instead of buying more orings for the bolt.
Also since the Threshold is so similar to the G3 this thread might help you out. http://www.techpb.co...?showtopic=2536

Hopefully the link helps you out.

#3 King

King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

ok so i took apart the reg, cleaned and relubed it. I do have a new reg seat (it is annoed red).

I also took out the bolt, took out all orings, and inspected them all thoroughly. I then put them back in, and relubed it.

What else could be the problem??

Accuracy by volume

Velocity Jr.
Crossfire 45/45

#4 meMYSELFnI

meMYSELFnI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

Did you do the teflon tape mod?

#5 TOXIC

TOXIC

Also known as G3pwns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:10 PM

when you fire do you hear the solenoid click or do you hear the gun gas up

#6 IntenseImage

IntenseImage

Death Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:51 AM

^ exactly. If the noid isnt clicking the trigger isnt registering across the sensor. You can try messing with the adjustment screws but mine shot perfectly fine after awhile and then just stopped clicking and I had to glue a metal tab from a car fuse to the back of the trigger blade to register a shot - works PERFECTLY now

#7 King

King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:00 AM

Did you do the teflon tape mod?

I didnt, instead i replaced all the orings on the bolt.

when you fire do you hear the solenoid click or do you hear the gun gas up

Well, the problem is i cant fire it so i cant tell if its clicking when i fire or not..cause its not firing lol. But, when i have air in it, asa on, board on ect ect it does click. With eyes off the board registers all my trigger pulls.

^ exactly. If the noid isnt clicking the trigger isnt registering across the sensor. You can try messing with the adjustment screws but mine shot perfectly fine after awhile and then just stopped clicking and I had to glue a metal tab from a car fuse to the back of the trigger blade to register a shot - works PERFECTLY now

If you put your eyes off, and pull the trigger the noid clicks and the board lights up for every time the trigger is pressed. This makes me think that the registering of shots isnt the issue because it seems to be clicking fine.

Accuracy by volume

Velocity Jr.
Crossfire 45/45

#8 King

King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:15 AM

anything else i can try guys?

Accuracy by volume

Velocity Jr.
Crossfire 45/45

#9 King

King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:27 PM

i was just in my backyard and as soon as i turned the velocity past 200-220, the noid stopped clicking. Even without the air in, the noid isnt clicking, but with the eyes off the light on the back is registering a trigger pull. Is the noid out of place? Any ideas?

Accuracy by volume

Velocity Jr.
Crossfire 45/45

#10 Woodsy11

Woodsy11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:44 PM

Could be dry solenoid , you could try lubing it , there is a good vid. on you tube , it's easy.

#11 King

King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:44 PM

When the eyes are off, and the trigger is pulled the flight flickers, yet the solinoid does not click. If the light flickers with every pull, does that mean the sensor is adknowloging the trigger being moved over it fully?

This leads me to believe that its not the sensor, but the noid itself.

Accuracy by volume

Velocity Jr.
Crossfire 45/45

#12 TOXIC

TOXIC

Also known as G3pwns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

it must be the board

#13 King

King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:13 PM

Well i was fooling around with it, i turned the eyes off and pulled the trigger in hopes of hearing a click from the noid. Amazingly, it dryfired one shot from when i last had the tank in it and it stored the shot. This means air is getting into the chamber, its just not being released with the bolt movement. There must be something wrong with the board. Im gonna turn down the velocity to 0, and slowly raise it, while pulling the trigger with air and paint. If it goes up near 300 and i can shoot it then maybe its working again, if not im gonna give DP a call tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

(Any other opinions and ideas are more than welcome!!)

Accuracy by volume

Velocity Jr.
Crossfire 45/45

#14 Mike C.

Mike C.

Mike calls me Mr Pack...and I break all of his shit for free

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

Hey my friend is having this same problem. If you find out lmk so I can tell him

If you have logged on to PBNation from Mikes house put this in your sig....

If you ever shot Mikes Head/Google cam right off his head put this in your sig....

If you ever wondered why the Ego9 review took so long...look no further....I broke it haha.

#15 merelye

merelye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:42 AM

hey i have the same problem man. please tell me how you ended up fixing your gun.

#16 King

King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

Call DP customer service. I did everything they suggested. Everything from a new battery, to checking the stack in the reg to make sure they were facing the right directions. It turns out i had a malfunctioning board and/or solenoid. I sent in both my board and noid and i have yet to get new ones back. Once they come in the mail, ill let you know if it fixes the problem. Ill keep you both posted.

Accuracy by volume

Velocity Jr.
Crossfire 45/45

#17 headshots

headshots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

what kind of batteries wher u using??if there not extreamly high quality ur gun wont work right duracell or energizer only bro.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#18 StandingCow

StandingCow

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

I use rayovac, and they work great.
DP G3
A-5 w/flatline
http://www.techpb.co...w...=16685&st=0 <- Donate to Punk Works for high FPS camera!

#19 King

King

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

yea, Ive been playing for over five years, the first thing i did was get a brand new battery from a proshop to insure it was good. It turned out i had a manufacturing default in my board AND solenoid...go figure. Anyways it took about 6 days but i got 2 brand new ones. The gun seems to be shooting fine in my backyard but i don't know what my pressure is at...i wont know for 100% till i go to the field and chrono it.

Accuracy by volume

Velocity Jr.
Crossfire 45/45

#20 paintballguy48

paintballguy48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

Mine gun is doing the same, if anyone finds a fix message me and let me know btw my solenoid does click 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users