• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 mikebarr

mikebarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

I know i am not the only one that has done it ..

I have taken almost any household item and thought of how i could use it for paintball.
could I use a laundry detergent thing for a caddy?
could i use a pringles lid for a speed feed?

What are some other things i can use for paintball instead of spending 20$ or more?

thanks for everyones help now start posting your ideas!!

#2 JerryTX

JerryTX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, done the laundry bottle caddy thing. Works pretty well. I found if you take a milk jug or something like that and cut it in half and make the mouth of the jug a little wider it makes a great funnel too to load the paint.

You can also take some wire and make your constant hopper into an on demand loader. Simply wire it so that when the wire attached to the trigger touches the wire on the frame it completes the circuit and causes the loader to turn on. To clean that up a bit you can use a roller micro switch.

When I had my Shocker 4x4 I cut the battery cable and added an external on/off switch; quite handy. Works on markers that are always on once the battery is attached; not sure how many of them are still out there like that.

I've seen people use Pringles cans as pods.

You can attach small computer fans to the top of your mask and use them to keep you cool, help de-fog.

You can use egg cartons to hold extra parts and o-rings.

I made a field in my yard once using household items. Folding tables ... shed doors. Wheel barrows ... etc. Attached tarps to poles stuck into the ground. You can make "airball" type bunkers by filling trash bags with leaves, etc. You want to use this plastic tho.
I didn't get where I am today by worrying about how I'd feel tomorrow.

#3 JerryTX

JerryTX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:42 PM

A buddy of mine once turned a VL200 into an electronic hopper. He took an RC motor, drilled a hole in the VL200, and mad his own paddle to move the paint around. He then used the approach I mentioned about turning it on via the trigger completing the circuit when pressed. Lesson learned was use a lower voltage battery so the motor turns slower. First time he used a 9v and his paddle made of pipe cleaner chopped some balls in the loader. He ended up using a lower powered battery (or a resistor, can't recall) and the motor turned at a more reasonable speed.

#4 q000ball

q000ball

i Fought The Law, And....I Won

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

at my cottage we had like 10 old inflatable rafts, so we inflated them and made an airball field

#5 mikebarr

mikebarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:56 PM

these are some top notch ideas for some cheep paintball..

we live on a country road that has alot of new houses being built and all the houses are brick. the guy that owns the skids burned them before we asked him for them, we now have our own woodsball field in our back field .. it is the perfect size for some cheep BYOP paintball

#6 ken_dawg13

ken_dawg13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

If your looking for stuff for backyard field, keep an eye for pallets. Some shipping places or stores may have some you can have if you ask. Stay away from tires if you can, they hold up great in the weather but they pool up water and it stinks and provides areas for mosquitos, also if you decide to get rid of your field you can burn wood but tires cost money to get rid of. If you don't mind having tires on your property for ever then you can check the dump and they will let you probably take for free, just won't take them back for free. Try the dump and ask the guy there if there is anything you can have for a field such as doors, tables, pallets, barrels, scrap wood, misc items. Its always fun to run up and hide behind a wheelbarrow or couch/ chair.

Posted Image
Feedback Thread +5/0/-0

#7 ken_dawg13

ken_dawg13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

A three ring binder works well for storing all your manuals and other paperwork on your gear.
Rubbermaid totes work great for throwing gear into quickly, small ones work great in gear bags for keeping everything sorted.
Fishing tackle boxes work great for small parts and tools so does clear pencil pouches then you can put your allen keys with your 3 ring binder with your manuals and can grab out everything you need at once.
Old jars such as peanut butter jars work for storing misc items too such as screws, extra bolts, detents etc..

Posted Image
Feedback Thread +5/0/-0

#8 pumpmaster flex

pumpmaster flex

pumpin it up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

As far as a pringles lid goes for a speed feed .... your better off with a tennis ball lid the fit on tighter with really no chance of falling off
Posted Image

#9 Captiontom

Captiontom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

Borg has a bunch of stuff on his channel for homemade tippman mods. I use a sock and rubber bracelet for a tank cover. You can also put a computer fan on your mask to keep the fog out.

#10 q000ball

q000ball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

as a little side product, i'm actually trying to make myself an Apex barrel tip, i doubt it will go well, but if it does it will save me 25 bucks

#11 ken_dawg13

ken_dawg13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:29 PM

as a little side product, i'm actually trying to make myself an Apex barrel tip, i doubt it will go well, but if it does it will save me 25 bucks

Let us know how your Apex barrel works out.

Tonight I just made a stock class hopper out of PVC pipe and now I just have to throw some paint on it and maybe rotozip a view channel up the side so I can see how much paint I have left.

Posted Image
Feedback Thread +5/0/-0

#12 Killswitchengage

Killswitchengage

Say What Again....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:18 AM

we have a store around where I live called Five Below, there a chain store so you may have them in your area. Anyway here are three things you can pick up from there $5 that can help you make a few items. If you don't have a Five Below chech any discount store, TJ Max, Ross, Gabrielle's, ect. Or regular department stores since schools almost back the cases should be on sale.

Regulator Cover/Sleeve.

Posted Image
*Resistance band set- take the soft rubber grips off and use them as a regulator cover for a much softer better hold feel.

Gun Case

Posted Image
*Neoprene laptop case with zipper- You can get these cheap almost at any discount store, Ross, TJ max, Gabrielles ect. Some even have an interfoam layer about half an inch thick they work great.

Barrel Case
Posted Image
*It's a neoprene laptop case- get the biggest one you can find, I got a 14" at 5 below for $5 and have your wife, gf, mom, or yourself, sew 4 or 5 rows running up it an inch or so apart enough to hold a few different barrels

Edited by Killswitchengage, 25 August 2010 - 03:29 AM.

#13 q000ball

q000ball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

Tonight I just made a stock class hopper out of PVC pipe and now I just have to throw some paint on it and maybe rotozip a view channel up the side so I can see how much paint I have left.

so far it's been nothing but failure but there is no way i'm giving up on it

#14 ken_dawg13

ken_dawg13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

Are you going to make it adjustable or just like a flatline and shoot staight?

Posted Image
Feedback Thread +5/0/-0

#15 JerryTX

JerryTX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

Something new I came up with the other day... I took a 6-pack cardboard beer holder and used it to hold my pods while I filled them up.

Doesn't have to be beer could be the holder for the 6-pack of soda bottles. Not sure about other brands but it held my NXE pods perfectly. I even spray painted it to give it some character.

#16 airbird10

airbird10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

i made a folding stock for my spyder based on borg's design, thanks borg.
If ur under 18, and pay for your own gear, put this on your sig.
~(>'.')> VS <('.'<)~

#17 q000ball

q000ball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

Are you going to make it adjustable or just like a flatline and shoot staight?

i'm hoping to make it adjustable, but at this point it all depends if i can find the right pieces.

#18 mikebarr

mikebarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

wow i never thought there would be so many things i could use from home. i will probably try the tennis ball lid as soon as i start playing some more road-hockey or something other than that i will probably get a gun case. thanks for all the help

mike

#19 Captiontom

Captiontom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

You can use surgical tubeing like the kind you get from a chiropractor for paintball gernades

#20 ken_dawg13

ken_dawg13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

wow i never thought there would be so many things i could use from home. i will probably try the tennis ball lid as soon as i start playing some more road-hockey or something other than that i will probably get a gun case. thanks for all the help

mike

Try gluing some foam on the inside of the lid, its soft and flexes easy and provides more coverage over the lid.

Posted Image
Feedback Thread +5/0/-0

#21 pump-pred

pump-pred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

well..if ur looking for a small tool kit...you can always use a small tacal box for fishing lures. i use em and it's pretty good. i'm sure im not the first person to do this though
For sale: avatar mask, rap4 t68 gen3 pistol, DRX jersey 2XL, & pure energy 3000psi tank
Rap4 pistol comes in original packaging with parts kit and manual with 3 mags ( and has only been tested)
gene simmons is a b!tch

#22 Alted4

Alted4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:38 AM

As far as the tackle box goes, I use a clear plastic tool box with little dividers in it. They were right next to the tackle boxes in Walmart and the one I got was 4 bucks.

#23 JerryTX

JerryTX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

Yeah, I keep all my o-rings and parts in one of those clear $4 tackle boxes.

#24 mikebarr

mikebarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

all of these are great but we need to keep them comming.. i had a great one but i forgot it and will edit this once i remember

#25 q000ball

q000ball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

just a tip for anyone looking to make a speed feed using a tennis ball lid be sure to measure the spacing first. if you don't you will lose paint. alot of it.

#26 DVLCHLD

DVLCHLD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

Old used carpet makes great paintball bunkers. Just stretch it up between two trees or wrap it around three or more trees and nail it in place. Carpet will last a good long time and a paintball won't penetrate it. You can easily cut it with a box knife so you can cut it to the size you need or add windows. We put up alot of bunkers in no time. We've been using carpet for years. Check the dumpster behind your local carpet store for lots of free bunkers. lol.

#27 pumpmaster flex

pumpmaster flex

pumpin it up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:10 PM

Old used carpet makes great paintball bunkers. Just stretch it up between two trees or wrap it around three or more trees and nail it in place. Carpet will last a good long time and a paintball won't penetrate it. You can easily cut it with a box knife so you can cut it to the size you need or add windows. We put up alot of bunkers in no time. We've been using carpet for years. Check the dumpster behind your local carpet store for lots of free bunkers. lol.

Yeah this actually sounds like a great idea.. i know i used an old thick tarp and used a sledgehammer to hit posts into the ground then zip tied the tarp around it worked like flat airball bunkers lol
Posted Image

#28 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:27 PM

I made a gun stand that held 4 guns side-by-side by drilling a couple 1 inch holes in a scrap 4 x 4, near the edge of the board, then using a sawzall to hollow out slots that opened the holes out the side of the board. The holes hold a standard gun reg, and the slots allow the air fittings and macroline to slide down into the hole.

#29 Mavalon

Mavalon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:42 AM

I actually learned this trick from an old airsoft player, but some milk bottle lids fit perfectly into pvc pipes ( I forgot what size. ) I normally save my milk lids and put them in my poatato cannon, throw a hand full or two of old paint that I would never even think of shooting out of my gun and then put some toliet paper on top to prevent the balls from rolling out. It works very nicely.
A tout le monde
A tout mes amis
Je vous aime
Je dois partir

#30 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

my buddy use a pringels lid as a speed feed funniest thing ever

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#31 Killer0Kevin

Killer0Kevin

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:46 PM

Me, and my brother actually made an electronic Caddy using a Halo B engine and a laundry detergent bottle. :rolleyes:

#32 Fupa562

Fupa562

"Hail to the King of Fupas"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

Me, and my brother actually made an electronic Caddy using a Halo B engine and a laundry detergent bottle. Posted Image

pics?

#33 LivinCali

LivinCali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:25 PM

Me, and my brother actually made an electronic Caddy using a Halo B engine and a laundry detergent bottle. :rolleyes:

Seriously pics needed cant leave us all hanging like that i want to make one too lol

Setup:2k2 timmy,Green Rotor, 68/3000 pure energy, old freaking vforce mask
MW2 Goggles

#34 Alted4

Alted4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:55 PM

You can ask any large stores if they do anything with any pallets they get. Then take the pallets and staple or tie the carpet on to cover the slats. More portable and you can use them to make a kinda hyperball field.

If you get a ton, you can just make a pile and call it good. lol

#35 krimsanavenger

krimsanavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:39 AM

I'm going take this topic and reverse it. Things used for paintball that can also be used in the household? Re-balls! Strung together re-balls make great anal beads. They also double as garland during the holidays. Enjoy!

Edited by krimsanavenger, 24 September 2010 - 02:46 AM.

#36 schithen

schithen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

...never mind

Edited by schithen, 25 November 2010 - 12:46 AM.

#37 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:55 AM

I know i am not the only one that has done it ..

I have taken almost any household item and thought of how i could use it for paintball.
could I use a laundry detergent thing for a caddy?
could i use a pringles lid for a speed feed?

What are some other things i can use for paintball instead of spending 20$ or more?

thanks for everyones help now start posting your ideas!!

Bike reflector barrel cam-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ59eCPj5P0

Pringles Speedfeed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGWM9N_kPC4

And my latest, snorkel stock class feed! Actually works really well :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#38 mikebarr

mikebarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

wow we need more suggestions so imma going to have to say to the top .. anyone know of some ways to make a headband or something instead of using a sandana thanks

#39 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

RIP Borg. Never forgotten.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:22 PM

Use (small) empty margarine tubs to hold your spare batteries. I also have a cereal tub thing doing sterling work as a caddy.

Old small cushions can also be used as barrel bags - take out all the stuffing, and run a few lines of stitching up it, to divide the barrels.

#40 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

mike

you could even use the ball tubes as pods...theyre relativly the same size

I'm going take this topic and reverse it. Things used for paintball that can also be used in the household? Re-balls! Strung together re-balls make great anal beads. They also double as garland during the holidays. Enjoy!

Wow...... just wow and ewww

yo wh ywould you ever think of that...gross

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#41 brokeballr14

brokeballr14

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:43 PM

you could even use the ball tubes as pods...theyre relativly the same size

one of those was actually my first pod. it was when i was only outlaw-balling i just duct-taped the lid so it wouldn't fall off :D
THE GAME

#42 The_Highlander

The_Highlander

Screw your respawn time! I have money!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:30 PM

Sticky this. And Tennis ball tubes are what I have to use as pods. The fact that I can't even afford a single pod is very sad.
Posted Image
My Setup: Upped Ion XE, Pure Energy 68/3000 CF tank, Invert Halo Too, Dye i4 White/Gold
If your under 18 and you pay for your own gear put this in your sig
80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that stuck to METAL and rock, put this in your sig!!!

#43 Commodore

Commodore

Norwegian Pirate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

Socks work okay for holding paint...

Edited by Commodore, 09 October 2010 - 10:51 PM.

Posted Image
AKA Viking #A00689
AKA Viking #B01614

#44 Deadmeat3344

Deadmeat3344

Science Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:37 PM

Technically a household item.

Tool box! Fits pretty much everything! Also lockable.
Posted Image
etek 3 lt | ninja 68/45| Rotor

#45 TheBlueFlame44

TheBlueFlame44

4 more years till automatic laces!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

I have these huge pretzel bins that could make excellent paintball caddies with some mods. And you get delicious pretzels! Posted Image

Plastic is kinda cheap though Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 Jweb

Jweb

Cardinal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:01 PM

I use an Altoids container as my tool kit like this:

Posted Image

It's small enough to fit in any paintball pants pocket and is pretty durable. Sometimes if there are only a few hex wrenched in there I throw some foam in the bottom so that you don't rattle like a bucket of bolts when you move.

I kind of like neck shots, they give other people the impression that I have a social life.

Meeting Mike and Willie = best paintball day ever.

#47 ken_dawg13

ken_dawg13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

I use an Altoids container as my tool kit like this:

Posted Image

It's small enough to fit in any paintball pants pocket and is pretty durable. Sometimes if there are only a few hex wrenched in there I throw some foam in the bottom so that you don't rattle like a bucket of bolts when you move.

Must admit I'm liking the Altoid tool kit.....now I have to go buy some Altoids!

Posted Image
Feedback Thread +5/0/-0

#48 TeH SpooZeR

TeH SpooZeR

I'm eating a goldfish.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

at my cottage we had like 10 old inflatable rafts, so we inflated them and made an airball field

Sounds like fun <_<

I might try that

Feedback 4/0/0

#49 JesterofWar

JesterofWar

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

Old shirts for head bands

These make great tool kits for o-rings/ Allenkeys/ the like

Edited by JesterofWar, 14 October 2010 - 01:49 AM.

Posted Image

Back in your day, getting wooden teeth was a necessary surgical procedure, now, it's just a way for hipsters to be ironic. Also, you're dead, if not, you're old as shit. Chop down MY cherry tree, you no good son of a bitch!
-Wolfwood

#50 bman03

bman03

*sigh*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

I have made a couple things from stuff lying around the house.

First off is a caddy from an oatmeal box, an ice tea packet holder, and some duck tape. Works like a charm.

Posted Image

Next I made I made a speed feed from a locking lid, like a pringles lid but bigger, because of my hopper. Also works like one you could buy for 25$
Posted ImagePosted Image

Next I made a squeegee from my torn up squeegee and a strong cloth. Works perfect as well.
Posted Image

Finally I made a Goggle cam by basically securing my camera on my goggles.

Posted Image

It's more secure than it looks.

If you guys want vids on how to do this just ask.
Classic Paintball Lithia Springs GA FTW! If you play there put this in your signature.
My new setup right now is an, Etek 3 LT, Prophecy loader, crossfire 48/4500psi carbon fiber.

Any questions or advice pm me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users