76 replies to this topic

#51 q000ball

q000ball

i Fought The Law, And....I Won

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:39 PM

at my cottage we had like 10 old inflatable rafts, so we inflated them and made an airball field

Sounds like fun <_<

I might try that

just make sure they are the more durable rafts, not 100% sure but cheap ones may pop.

#52 mikebarr

mikebarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

does anyone know of any ways to make like a sandana that would be cool because i am sick of being
domed every single time i play anyway thanks for all the suggestions keep them coming

Mike

#53 Anti-RevelutionPaintball

Anti-RevelutionPaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

I made a really cheap and makeshift barrel swab out of an old microfibre cloth (picks up every peice of dirt and paint like a charm) and a wooden rod. just glue the cloth onto the rod. not plyable at all but just cut the rod down to a good enough size and you can strap it to your leg or something, works great, really cheap, really breakable.
Live behind your gun, Die behind your gun. ARPB

#54 iflysuperhi

iflysuperhi

HOLY F-ING PORTING BATMAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

You can make a sandana from an old t-shirt in the basic shape and get tsome velcro a.n glue it to the ends. Or, if ur a kid and our parents ware scrubs, the sell cheap sandana like things at scrub places.

"when some one asks hey you sure you wanna use that pump, i got an ion in the car you can borrow so it's more fair for you, and you respond saying no it's okay i have a dm8 in my trunk but i feel like dominating this game so i'll use this instead."

#55 BallStacks

BallStacks

Bad ass Unicorn Riding Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

as a little side product, i'm actually trying to make myself an Apex barrel tip, i doubt it will go well, but if it does it will save me 25 bucks

Let us know how your Apex barrel works out.

Tonight I just made a stock class hopper out of PVC pipe and now I just have to throw some paint on it and maybe rotozip a view channel up the side so I can see how much paint I have left.

so far it's been nothing but failure but there is no way i'm giving up on it

Are you going to make it adjustable or just like a flatline and shoot staight?

i'm hoping to make it adjustable, but at this point it all depends if i can find the right pieces.

QUOTE BOXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would have made a real signature, but then I got lazy

Posted Image

#56 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:14 PM

I'm going take this topic and reverse it. Things used for paintball that can also be used in the household? Re-balls! Strung together re-balls make great anal beads. They also double as garland during the holidays. Enjoy!

You, sir, just made my lunch a bit more fun.

#57 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

RIP Borg. Never forgotten.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

I'm going take this topic and reverse it. Things used for paintball that can also be used in the household? Re-balls! Strung together re-balls make great anal beads. They also double as garland during the holidays. Enjoy!

I don't think he was suggesting that you try it. But well done for venturing where others haven't.

#58 St Six

St Six

You boys like Mex-i-co?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

I don't think he was suggesting that you try it. But well done for venturing where others haven't.

^WIN
And detergent bottles as ball caddies. Nuff said.

#59 hyper guy

hyper guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

buy a 20 pound plastic container of cat litter with a wide mouth for 6 or 7 bucks would work great as a caddy and would most likely hold a case of paint and you can ever screw the cap back on to keep the dirt and moister out spray paint the out side of it a bright color to keep the heat down

#60 Panda Dentist

Panda Dentist

lifes a bitch and im her pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

as a little side product, i'm actually trying to make myself an Apex barrel tip, i doubt it will go well, but if it does it will save me 25 bucks

Tonight I just made a stock class hopper out of PVC pipe and now I just have to throw some paint on it and maybe rotozip a view channel up the side so I can see how much paint I have left.

i'm hoping to make it adjustable, but at this point it all depends if i can find the right pieces.

old blender = pod

Posted Image
:lol:

Edited by Panda Dentist, 01 January 2011 - 11:28 PM.

Things used for paintball that can also be used in the household? Re-balls! Strung together re-balls make great anal beads. They also double as garland during the holidays.

Lifes a Bitch and im her pimp.
DOYLE SAYS (when drunk) my number is 612 (removed) i dont give a shit
XBOX 360 BNIB http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=156381

#61 Dominate1

Dominate1

Finally not a newbie!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

I use a cereal container as my caddy. Works great. And extremely cheap. You can pick one up under 10 bucks.

Cereal Container

SPYDER VS2 FOR SALE!!
Posted Image

#62 ExtremeFacepainter

ExtremeFacepainter

Das Boot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:34 AM

Hockey bag as a gear bag.

#63 mrdman

mrdman

AUTOCOCKERS MAKE ME HAPPY HAHAHHAHAHA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:48 AM

i no rite

Autococker SR MQ2 FTW
Two things that should never be mentioned in the same sentence: CO2 and Ego

#64 Kjimenez

Kjimenez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:56 AM

Let's see....

T shirts can be used as head coverings...material can be removed to make it less bulky, but you basically just put it on collar first and pull everything else back and under your goggle strap.

Discarded backpacks/duffel bags/winter coats, or anything else made out of the same materials, can be used to make all sorts of things... belt pouches, holsters, barrel condoms, you name it. All you have to do is sew it up.

Bubble wrap and duct tape can be used to make a surprisingly serviceable chest protector. The bubble wrap should be 3-4 layers thick and covered with fabric (or duct tape). Shoulder straps can be made of duct tape, as well as the side straps. A couple of D-rings made out of wire or whatever you have handy will allow you to tighten the side straps. I made this for my girlfriend, so that she would be less worried to play for the first time. Once I knew she was having fun and would continue to play, I got her a commercially-made one.

If you use 10 rd. tubes, you can actually make some out of old paper towel tubes or gift wrap tubes. Just cut once lengthwise, overlap the ends until they're the correct diameter, cut to length, then glue together with super glue. The bottom and top can also be made out of the remaining bits of tube. Since the diameter is small and the super glue stiffens the cardboard, they're actually pretty durable. And if you lose one, no big deal.

You can make a nice marker case out of an old thrift store briefcase or a used laptop bag.

A pillowcase works pretty well as a goggle bag.

If you play woodsball, elastic hair ties work really well for blousing your pants... keeps bugs out too.

If you have a Spyder that uses the old straight elbow type thing instead of a feedneck, you can use a 1/2 to 3/4 PVC coupler and some hose clamps to replace that. Requires a bit of dremeling, but it's lower profile and pretty much bullet proof. PVC can also be used to make a stock class type feed.

#65 RADO

RADO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

i used to have a plywood feild in my yard and we just used old plywood and stood it up with rocks and took some 2"x2" peices of wood and made them into stakes. Also we used the palets that we got when we ordered some new wood 2 redo the deck and we just put some misc. scrap 2"x4" or small plywood through the middle so that you couldnt shoot through.

also you can make a gun stand out out pvc pipe or wood. i havent made either but ive seen the pvc stand and based the wood stand off of stands that i see displaying guns in tourney videos

the pvc you take two long pipes, attach a curved piece faceing inward from each one, attach those to a three way piece, add a thrid pipe going verticaly from the three way piece, cut the bottom off of another three way piece and attach it upsidedown to the verical pipe so that the opening that you cut off is faceing up, finaly line the opening the of the cut three way piece with foam so that it wont scrach the barrel.
the barrel will go on the foam part and your tank will go on the two long pipes going horizontaly.

the wood stand is basicaly just two peices of scrap wood that are attched with a 90* angle piece(or you can attach it however you want but ive use 90* angle pieces and they are pretty sturdy) and then you drill a hole in the vertical piece and line it with foam so that it wont scrach tha barrel.
The wood stand is basically a cheaper version of the planet elclips stand where there is a base and a vertical piece that the barrel will go through. I would probly only use the wood stand for dispaly because it would be too heavy and bulky to take to the field.

Edited by RADO, 02 January 2011 - 03:56 AM.

#66 josetoss05

josetoss05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

can i use a sunglases fiber bag as a barrel condom ??

#67 Kjimenez

Kjimenez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

If we are thinking of the same thing, then no. The material is not particularly strong. I've made a number of my own, but out of heavy duty nylon from an old duffel bag, with lots of reinforcement at the muzzle.

Edited by Kjimenez, 04 January 2011 - 11:17 PM.

#68 tippofthehat

tippofthehat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

...mailing tubes for barrel storage. I have a sleeve from an old fleece jacket for a marker bag. I sewed the cuff shut and use the "shoulder" opening as entry. Lowes has many O-ring sizes as well as a large bottle of air tool oil for under four bucks. DId the DIY fans for the mask, socks for countless items: hopper cover, fabric for cleaning the marker. Old toothbrushes for the nooks and crannies in equipment, and old paintball bags to carry out my trash.

Edited by tippofthehat, 12 January 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#69 PieCars

PieCars

Time to nut up or shut up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

You can use surgical tubeing like the kind you get from a chiropractor for paintball gernades

Yea, you could get most of the stuff you needed at lowe's for under $20 and make a lot of paint grenades for such a low price. I found a good tutorial for it here.

My Feedback 4/0/0

#70 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,950 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

a barrel sock is the number one thing that you dont wat to DIY...its for safety so i think its worth the $3 for one

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#71 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:56 PM

the only barrel sock customizing i would do is mayb put an old stuffed animal on the end of it, like cut a hole in its ass and stick ur barrel condom in it and sew it on, im pretty sure some one has made a thread about it on here somewhere.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#72 Panda Dentist

Panda Dentist

lifes a bitch and im her pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

the only barrel sock customizing i would do is mayb put an old stuffed animal on the end of it, like cut a hole in its ass and stick ur barrel condom in it and sew it on, im pretty sure some one has made a thread about it on here somewhere.

yeah i just bought one beasty makes them

Things used for paintball that can also be used in the household? Re-balls! Strung together re-balls make great anal beads. They also double as garland during the holidays.

Lifes a Bitch and im her pimp.
DOYLE SAYS (when drunk) my number is 612 (removed) i dont give a shit
XBOX 360 BNIB http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=156381

#73 THETUNK

THETUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

can you show me a pic of this?
My Feedback +3
if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
R.I.P BORG

#74 RIPB

RIPB

The Rhode Island Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

there are some great ideas on here. I might have to try some.
My setup: Etha, Empire Prophecy, Ninja 50/4500

#75 TinyPancakes

TinyPancakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

Bike reflector barrel cam-
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ59eCPj5P0"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nJ59eCPj5P0[/url]

I made one of these, have to try it in a game, maybe this weekend.

Also I went to REI to get the reflector and I asked the guy in the bike area, he went to their repair area and gave me the arm that the reflector is on for free.

Edit: Here's a picture. (I need to get a smaller screw in the correct size)
Posted Image

Edited by TinyPancakes, 03 February 2011 - 10:46 PM.

MARIN GUN STANDS

Dangerous Power FX Blue/ Gold
Ninja Grey Ghost 68/45
Dye Rotor

#76 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:44 AM

Bike reflector barrel cam-
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ59eCPj5P0"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nJ59eCPj5P0[/url]

I made one of these, have to try it in a game, maybe this weekend.

Also I went to REI to get the reflector and I asked the guy in the bike area, he went to their repair area and gave me the arm that the reflector is on for free.

Edit: Here's a picture. (I need to get a smaller screw in the correct size)
Posted Image

Roll up a piece of paper towel strip where you want the mount to sit. Then clamp it down. It will keep from scuffing your barrel.

#77 ego7noob

ego7noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

you can take some fishing net, an old jacket, some old feed sacks from corn, and some rit dye and you can make a great ghille suit. i think there is an instructible for it...god i really take woodsball too serious...Posted Image
EGO7 + VIRTUE BOARD + CURE 3 BOLT + ZICK KIT + CUSTOM GRIPS
DYE ROTOR, PROTO PRO AXIS, NXE PACK, CROSSFIRE TANK, AND A SEXY
TEDDY BEAR BARREL SOCK.

http://i1228.photobu...zAwMjkuanBn.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users