21 replies to this topic

#1 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

I was just thinking about a fifty kit for the autococker. Since it's closed bolt I think it would be extremely easy to come up with. All it would need is maybe a feedneck insert, breach insert, smaller bolt and of course a new barrel. But I think the product could be very simple. Any other opinions?
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#2 Tucan9999

Tucan9999

You never go ass to mouth!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

A bolt with a turned down tip would probably be needed. as well as a full breech insert.
TIMMY MILITIA Cause its the only club with MUTHA FUCKIN SNAKES
Mod App

#3 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

Eclipse kit, plus delrin bolt.

when I say delrin bolt, I mean one that you make yourself on a lathe.

#4 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:00 AM

don't forget about the detent! You'll need a new detent design

#5 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:10 AM

I thought the E* detents were held in by the breach insert.

#6 pumpbusters

pumpbusters

Hasa Diga Eebowai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:48 AM

don't forget about the detent! You'll need a new detent design

I couldnt imagine making that being very fun I'd be easier to make a new breech and a longer detent to fit through a hole in the new breech

First After Mike!

what did I tell about doing that?

"If at first you don't succeed pump, pump again." -me

#7 OMGPaintball

OMGPaintball

Navy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

I thought check-it was making these. They had them up on PBGateway for awhile (gone now).

#8 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,588 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

Check It told me a year ago they were in the works "soon" - but I think with all the uncertainty around .50 a lot of companies are just waiting.

#9 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

If it was .50 cal for an autococker I can see some usefulness in that.

But if it were a pump I really would fail to see why you would want a .50 cal pump.
  • You already carry more than enough paint in a regular hopper for at least 3 games
  • Your ROF is mechanically capped (assuming no autotrigger)
  • If your opponent doesn't feel the hit you're kinda screwed because you only have 1 maybe two balls in the air at a time.
That's just my 2 cents on the subject.

But I do think that a .50 cal autococker shouldn't be too hard to do.

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#10 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,588 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:46 PM

the check it kit was a breech insert, skinny bolt, feedneck insert and barrel. Well, the planned kit was.

#11 joeorr

joeorr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

I've got a kit for the karni all mapped out I just got to get the materials and make a few. I think shooting a case of paint through a cocker off a 68/45 would rock

#12 LockOn Paintball Matt

LockOn Paintball Matt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

I have a 50 Caliber autococker kit. I will take photos of it. And post it ASAP. It is all prototype but.. will test it next week when my paint arrives.

Matt
LockOn Paintball Inc.
OG Quest - Xvalved Automag - Oracle Eblade Autococker - Halfblocked Autococker Pump - NEXT??

Englewood , FL -
Team LockOn (www.teamlockon.com)
LockOn Paintball INC (www.lockonpaintball.com)

#13 Fupa562

Fupa562

"Hail to the King of Fupas"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

please post pics and are u gunna sell them

#14 LockOn Paintball Matt

LockOn Paintball Matt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

I have 50 cal paint coming next week and am going to test it out. But this is just a small project i took on and are several things i will do different next time.

i want to make a detent that when you screw it in it will allign the breach to everything perfect every time.

Plus I need to get a 50 cal barrel to check the threads so i can thread the breach to a 50 cal barrel. Currently its one piece of thick aluminum just for testing purposes.
OG Quest - Xvalved Automag - Oracle Eblade Autococker - Halfblocked Autococker Pump - NEXT??

Englewood , FL -

#15 LockOn Paintball Matt

LockOn Paintball Matt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

Ok I have photos on my facebook.... I am unable to upload them here at this time. so hopefully you can view them there. My 50 Caliber Autococker kit Photos

When you see this kit a few things are missing... one being the ball detent as I have ideas for that later on.. and most likely in my next build. but for now this is just for testing purposes.

As well the piece of aluminum that makes up the breech and barrel is a testing thing for now. I want to cut the breach so only about .500 is out of the front and its taped for a .50 cal barrel but ive yet to get a .50 cal barrel to check threads.

The breech physically screws into the autococker and is aligned for this one only!!!!!!! Thats where i want to make it so they use the detents to lock it into location since that location should be standardized..

comments and criticism is expected .. but i will say.. this is my 2nd true project I have ever done on a lathe. so im still learning.

Thanks

Matt
LockOn Paintball INC.

Englewood , FL -

#16 Fupa562

Fupa562

"Hail to the King of Fupas"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

if you ever get them down to a science let me know and i will buy one

#17 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

What don't you just bore out holes for ION detents, and get a set on ebay for like 9 bucks? Get the spring ones, tape the springs to the breach insert and you should be good. Then, just get a screw the size of the real detent and it will act as a set screw.

Also, you can maybe call up Eclipse to see if you can get just a barrel. I think I read that Stiffi is also making a barrel, but I'm not sure.

#18 LockOn Paintball Matt

LockOn Paintball Matt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

honestly autococker detents are about useless.. as long as the breech/barrel size is correct your ball wont roll out .. its really there to hold the ball back so the eyes can see it and prevent double feeding. because once the bolt moves forward its beyond your detents.. just my opinion.

i will put the pinokio on it this weekend with 50 cal and get some videos.

and btw detents are easy to make.. just a matter of me getting time to use the shops lathes.

Englewood , FL -

#19 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,588 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

The PE barrels are normal cocker threads - just an itty bitty hole in the middle.

#20 LockOn Paintball Matt

LockOn Paintball Matt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

yah but I was hoping to use a normal 50 cal barrel. Even though i have not seen the PE barrels I dont think it is what I was hoping to use.

I Thought at one time there was supposed to be a standard thread for all 50 cal barrels. but we all know how that goes.. but I do see Gi Milsim have 2 barrels available at ans gear.. but I am unable to blow money on these without knowing if there is a standard thread... considering i could order a kingman 50 cal for nearly the same price and get a barrel on that.

anyone with a 50 cal barrel able to measure the threads and dimensions?

Englewood , FL -

#21 LockOn Paintball Matt

LockOn Paintball Matt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

Update. I received a case of .50 Cal Milsim Paint today and finally tested the cocker kit. The Eye on the Cocker I was scared would not read since it had a further distance to see.. but it seemed to work perfect. I will have to adjust all my settings to fine tune the gun for the smaller paint as well since it requires a lot less gas. but other then the few problems listed below It seemed to work great.

I have a few problems that i should have resolved tomorrow.

1. The breech needs to be smoothed out where the balls load into.. They were catching and jamming so i had to load it 1 by 1 pushing it past in order to get it loaded.

2. My hand held Chronograph could not read the .50 cal paint. I tried all different angles to get it to work but nothing. So I will borrow a friends tomorrow or Saturday. Till then Im eyeballing 300fps and we all know that doesn't work all the time to well.

Englewood , FL -

#22 Slayer0fShad0ws

Slayer0fShad0ws

Haters Be Learners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:18 PM

hope you get all the bugs worked out cause i would love to buy one eventually

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users