• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Captiontom

Captiontom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:43 PM

I always wondered if you could shoot a marble out of a paintball gun. I found one on the ground and when I put it in my paintball gun it was to small for the barrel so I found a way to make it fit snugly and it tore through a full soda can like I expected it to do. I lost the marble so I wasn’t able to put it on a caliper to see how big it was.

Does anyone know if marbles are .50 caliber? I wouldn't think people shooting marbles at a field would be a problem but some punks doing paintball drive bys might think it's a great idea. If marbles do fit in a .50 cal marker then this could be a a serious problem for paintball image.

#2 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:54 PM

Even if it doesn't work, you can still put other lethal projectiles into a paintball marker. Read under paintball news, a kid actually died from getting shot with a screwdriver. Marbles come in several sizes, it might work. I'm not willing to scratch my barrel to find out though.
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#3 Captiontom

Captiontom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:26 PM

Even if it doesn't work, you can still put other lethal projectiles into a paintball marker. Read under paintball news, a kid actually died from getting shot with a screwdriver. Marbles come in several sizes, it might work. I'm not willing to scratch my barrel to find out though.

All you need someone to do is see how tight of a fit a marble is in a .50 cal barrel. I dont need you to shoot the marbel from a .50 call marker.

#4 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

They make some 50 cal marbles/ball berrings for blow guns. My biggest concern would be these[/img]

EDIT: Damnit! [url=http://stores.homestead.com/SlingshotsUSA/-strse-329/.50-Caliber-Target-Darts/Detail.bok]these

#5 Captiontom

Captiontom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

They make some 50 cal marbles/ball berrings for blow guns. My biggest concern would be these[/img]

EDIT: Damnit! [url=http://stores.homestead.com/SlingshotsUSA/-strse-329/.50-Caliber-Target-Darts/Detail.bok]these

I live in california and blow guns are illegal here so those wouldnt be much of a problem. I dont see them as a problem from vandles either. Someone who is going to shoot up a nehiborhood is to lazy to load one shot at a time but a hopper full of marbles is much easier.

#6 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:22 PM

could you imagin how fast those would come out of a paintball gun i just shutter thinking about it

Edited by aj619, 27 August 2010 - 11:22 PM.

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#7 spisla

spisla

I made Mr. Rogers eat paint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

could you imagin how fast those would come out of a paintball gun i just shutter thinking about it

well, if you think about it, a marble is alot heavier then a paintball. and since its heavier, it requires more force to get a decent velocity. and if the marble is say, 55 caliber, and you put it in a .68 cal marker it wouldnt get much pressure built up behind it, causing it to just kind of roll out or go only a few feet or maybe 20 at most. youd have to REALLY crank the velocity to get it up to serious injury cuasing speeds.
Posted Image

If you see someone pulling that here hit the report button and I'll teabag them =)

NorthWest Ballers club. TechPB feedback

#8 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

well, if you think about it, a marble is alot heavier then a paintball. and since its heavier, it requires more force to get a decent velocity. and if the marble is say, 55 caliber, and you put it in a .68 cal marker it wouldnt get much pressure built up behind it, causing it to just kind of roll out or go only a few feet or maybe 20 at most. youd have to REALLY crank the velocity to get it up to serious injury cuasing speeds.

i was talking about .50 blow dart's that's what's in the link

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#9 DrizztFan24

DrizztFan24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

Or Less lethal rounds...those would really suck to get hit with.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users