#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,444 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

Here is a simple fundraising idea - PAINT

Let's say there is a brand of paint that the club likes to shoot. We get an account setup with the distributor, and sell the paint back to the club.

For instance, let's say GAP Paint (they are out of business, so we'll use them)

Dealer Cost of paint - $30 (this is what the club pays for the paint)
Price to USF Paintball Club Members - $40 (this is what everyone in the club pays for a case of paint)
Retail Price - $50 (club members save $10 per case, getting it from the club)

Every case sold, puts $10 back into the club.

10 cases a week = $100 in fund raising for the club per week

This could easily add up to a grand or two a semester. It's a win-win, it allows USF Club members to get a discount on paint by purchasing it from the club, and it allows the club to raise funds to promote the club and help it grow.

The biggest issues will be storage and accountability. As far as I know, it's not against school policy to store paintballs on campus (we can also get permission), so we'd just need someone (like the treasurer) to handle the transactions, and we're good to go

thoughts?

#2 pbstryker

pbstryker

The Morning Forest King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:26 AM

Sick idea I would do something like this with my old team... would have helped a lot

EDIT: FIRST AGAIN!!!!

Edited by pbstryker, 27 August 2010 - 10:26 AM.

#3 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

This really isnt my place, seeing as I dont go to USF, but I figured it wouldnt be too bad if I chimed in on the discussion.

Isnt paying for fundraisers yourself kind of pointless? I mean...you are donating to yourselves. Unless of course you are using this as a way to make sure people actually save enough money to be able to attend the events and stuff you guys plan on playing.

Posted Image

#4 ahonor

ahonor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

Well what if we did a fundraiser unassociated with paintball (something cheap) and used the money that we get for paintball. Like 1) Throwing whip cream pies at teachers ($2 each), water balloon toss on campus, or something like that. Or we can make Ice drinks (I have a blender). We could prob make a decent some $$$...Its not a bad idea.

#5 garrett.luksich

garrett.luksich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

it would actually just jack the price of playing up even more. we cant pay for our own fundraisers, then it kinda defeats the purpose.
the deal we have with Blitz right now is excellent (minus the whole tax thing).
Garrett Luksich
President of USF Paintball

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users