Photo

Indiana Ballers V3

• Please log in to reply
1227 replies to this topic

#1201 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

I have a Short temper so DONT F&$% WITH ME!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

ill take "my" old tank back and evil pack. Shoot me a price or if you wanna "donate" it to a worthy cause thats cool too lol For loaders i will take a look at the first 2 you mentioned. def want somethin low profile unlike the Halo i had. I know it will be mostly rec ball or woods because i am just to old to be running aroung like i used to (well maybe not old but the knees cant take much) lol.

I at a few past posts and saw pg went out. hate to say it but that one time we were there i kinda saw it coming. great place just needed a lot of work. Plus from what i remember you guys telling me that they never rearange the castle field which is very suprising to me. you HAVE to move stuff or it just gets old. Like when i worked at kohn's, we were always changing something other than the woods ball field. 1 psp field was the current psp layout and another psp field was always custom layouts we planed the week before. Then the rec field was changed weekly. A lot of work but it's what kept people coming back, it was different EVERY weekend.

#1202 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

It went downhill when Manny left the PG teams in charge of the place. Hate to sound rude, but it's kinda the truth. I was there a few weekends before it closed and it was rough. No walk on players, and very few of the team guys were there. We were still able to play though, but it was just 3v3 on a deflating airball field for most of the day. Sucks to see it go, but I guess it was time to move on.

I'll be home this weekend, if anyone want's to try and play. I bought a case of paint last weekend and I don't want it to sit in my room for another week. So I figured I'd try and use it.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#1203 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Chris from Backyard Boyz is opening a field this spring. Supposedly in Greenwood. Not the shortest drive but its been suggested they will have a tourney field and he also has 20 acres of woods.

Kevin
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#1204 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

I saw that on their facebook page. It's probably where I'll be playing when I'm home from school for summer break.

---Indiana Baller---

#1205 skipy35

skipy35

Gives you the Rusty Tingle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

I have returned. Your lord and master, Skippy.

And on that note, I'm looking to get back into paintball, and maybe revive this group. I have information and stuffs.

-I'm 18, sadly picked up a nasty smoking habit, paintball should help me get back in shape soon. (So bear with me on getting my shit in gear)
-Have lost a lot of fat, so once I get my muscles to start working right again I should be able to run a bit faster\
-Graduating high school here in a couple months. Gonna be an auto mechanic. (Show, you still work for chrysler?)
-While proving grounds was going downhill for a while, before they closed they actually fixed a lot of the place up. Started moving the fields around and stuff. Also held a few MSXLs there. Fun shit. Best camp out I ever did. My and Hazard camped out there one night just us. It was fun.
-Did I mention we need to get some life back in this bitch? Summer is coming up. We need to get together and play a bit.
-Hazard's on a team. not sure what team it is now, but it used to be PG Evolve. I think now its called TMG Rukus or something like that.
-Lots of fond memories from paintball, just never had time for it. Lots of other problems in life and stuff. Now I got 99 problems, but a bitch aint one.
-I need a place to play, yo.
-Now I'm doing this list for the sake of having a list. :D

How have ya'll been? I've been good. lol
Posted Image
Setup:DP G3-IQ, Halo B w/virtue crown and Rip Drive, 48/3000 draxxus steelie tank, knock out barrel set (size varies)/
Indiana member #4 VP /Ballers Without Girlfriends/Highschool baller

#1206 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

I have a Short temper so DONT F&$% WITH ME!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

I have returned. Your lord and master, Skippy.

And on that note, I'm looking to get back into paintball, and maybe revive this group. I have information and stuffs.

-I'm 18, sadly picked up a nasty smoking habit, paintball should help me get back in shape soon. (So bear with me on getting my shit in gear)
-Have lost a lot of fat, so once I get my muscles to start working right again I should be able to run a bit faster\
-Graduating high school here in a couple months. Gonna be an auto mechanic. (Show, you still work for chrysler?)
-While proving grounds was going downhill for a while, before they closed they actually fixed a lot of the place up. Started moving the fields around and stuff. Also held a few MSXLs there. Fun shit. Best camp out I ever did. My and Hazard camped out there one night just us. It was fun.
-Did I mention we need to get some life back in this bitch? Summer is coming up. We need to get together and play a bit.
-Hazard's on a team. not sure what team it is now, but it used to be PG Evolve. I think now its called TMG Rukus or something like that.
-Lots of fond memories from paintball, just never had time for it. Lots of other problems in life and stuff. Now I got 99 problems, but a bitch aint one.
-I need a place to play, yo.
-Now I'm doing this list for the sake of having a list. :D

How have ya'll been? I've been good. lol

Yup, still at Chrysler. Nothin much new other than i wish this MFin snow would melt already and temps go up. Been doing a lot of RC flying especially FPV. I have all my gear but still need to hydro my tank. Getting ready to move accross town into our own place and finally be on our own and i will have my very own "MAN CAVE" again!

Edited by bigshow4u, 29 March 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#1207 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm playing for a team called Deception. We have two D4 teams and we're mainly just doing SEPS events this year. We're based in Princeton Indiana at Silver Spur Splat, which is pretty far from home but I really only need to make the events :P.

Glad both of you guys are getting back into it, We'll have to get together again like old times :tup:

---Indiana Baller---

#1208 skipy35

skipy35

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

So I know proving grounds is gone, and white river charges out the ass. Any other good fields still in indiana?
Posted Image
Setup:DP G3-IQ, Halo B w/virtue crown and Rip Drive, 48/3000 draxxus steelie tank, knock out barrel set (size varies)/

#1209 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

A new place is opening South of Indy called the Battlegroundz, which is owned by the same people who run the Backywad Boyz pro shop in Carmel. I think I'll be giving that place a try this summer, when they get the fields all set up.

http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

There is also the Field of Dreams in Greencastle, splat attack in Marion, Plex in Laotto, paintball Indiana, Paintball barn, etc.

---Indiana Baller---

#1210 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hi guys,

My fiancee and I have been talking about potentially relocating to somewhere a little less cold in the coming years as funds allow, and one of the places that came up on the list of possibilities for various reasons was Indiana.

My question is:

1. Best fields near Fort Wayne?

2. Who does big games in the area? I like playing in large events when possible.

Thanks,

Edited by Akkadian_Tim, 10 April 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#1211 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hi guys,

My fiancee and I have been talking about potentially relocating to somewhere a little less cold in the coming years as funds allow, and one of the places that came up on the list of possibilities for various reasons was Indiana.

My question is:

Paintball Plex, Hands down. It may actually be the best paintball in the mid west. Lot's of talent there, plus indoor for the winter time. People drive hours just to play there, it's awesome. They also have a good rec field and whatnot.

2. Who does big games in the area? I like playing in large events when possible.

White River Paintball hosts a few big games/ Scenarios every year. They're kinda pricy imo, but they are always pretty fun and they always do a great job. Another place that's not too far away is Fort Knox. Their setup there is amazing, It's one of the funnest places I've ever played at for a scenario game. Another place is Sherwood, they used to host viper games there I think. Not sure if they still do that, but I've heard it's a fun place to play also.

All of these places are great for scenario/ big games. If you venture up towards Indy, Paintball Indiana also holds big games and a new field that's opening up will be holding them also. The place is called Battlegroundz paintball.

I think Plex even plans on having a few big games this year. So Ft. Wayne would be a great place to live in terms of Paintball. Best of luck. :tup:

Thanks,

My response in Red.

Edited by SOUP, 10 April 2013 - 02:44 PM.

---Indiana Baller---

#1212 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the info!

Sherwood stopped doing scenarios last I heard. I remember them from 4-5 years ago when I was there at a Viper game, so they were one of the first I looked up.

I will definitely be looking at the locations you recommended, and should we ultimately end up there, I'll be looking them up. The theory is that, if we do move, it'll be next year-ish.

#1213 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for the info!

Sherwood stopped doing scenarios last I heard. I remember them from 4-5 years ago when I was there at a Viper game, so they were one of the first I looked up.

I will definitely be looking at the locations you recommended, and should we ultimately end up there, I'll be looking them up. The theory is that, if we do move, it'll be next year-ish.

If you end up moving to Indiana let me know, I go to school in FW and I would love to have another person to head to the plex with!

#1214 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for the info!

Blast Camp is not to far from Fort wayne. I think some of your teammates may be able to tell you about it if you wern't there yourself last year. Most of the "major" fields are in northern Indiana and southern Illinois. Like Soup said Plex is a good spot as well as Fort Knox (knox, IN), Paintball explosion (dundee, IL) CPX (joliet, IL) and Blast Camp (Hobart, IN). If you make it to central Indiana, Paintball Indiana is your best bet. I just cant afford White River even as a MagFed player! (awesome setup tho).

Hit up Necro's Youtube Channel, He has video of Blast camp, Paintball explosion and Im sure a few others in the Midwest.

Kevin
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#1215 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

a week and a half until my summer break starts, I'm looking forward to that.

---Indiana Baller---

#1216 bronypaintballer

bronypaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hi guys,

My question is:

Thanks,

Good fields in Northern Indiana: Plex, Blast Camp, Fort Knox.

I enjoy Plex for speedball. As for Fort Knox, a great Scenario field. I play for the FK team (NWI)as well as ref there, am at every big game/ Scenario and am never disappointed. As for Blast Camp, the new owner Virgil is a great guy, and has done many great things to the field, as well as many other great idea's for it. I love the fields, enjoy most of their big games. As for Sherwood that some of the other members mentioned, they no longer do big games. And in my opinion, the owner's weren't the most friendly and the fields where in bad shape (there where holes in the net that I could drive a car through the last time I was there, as well as rotting bunkers). There are other fields in the area, but have not had the chance to experience them yet. There are other decent fields that are just out of Indiana as well.

#1217 NuMnUm9000

NuMnUm9000

Tiger Blood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

I've been gone for so long. I'm looking to get back into paintball though. How is everyone doing these days?

Action Park Paintball

I play in the dead box.

#1218 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

nobody posts in here anymore.

Paintball is still fun as ever though, not much has changed really. I'm playing SEPS and MSXL now.

---Indiana Baller---

#1219 NuMnUm9000

NuMnUm9000

Tiger Blood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

I stopped having fun. That's why I quit for awhile. I'm not sure what I'm going to start playing when I really get back into it.

Action Park Paintball

I play in the dead box.

#1220 skipy35

skipy35

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

So yeah, battlegroundz is fucking awesome.Field's so good its speeding up my return to paintball lol. 

btw, Dog+mask that fell off the desk=One very fucking angry Skippy. "Little" bastard ate the foam off the inside and ate the ears.

EDIT: I just learned about the Empire Vanquish. That seems like it'll be awesome. I also really want E-Flexes. and the G5 looks neat. My girlfriend's going to be shitty when I'm broke when she comes home on her college breaks :D

Edited by skipy35, 12 July 2013 - 10:31 AM.

Posted Image

#1221 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

you guys want to do the Wednesday night speedball thing sometime? That or we can play there some weekend. I've been trying to get down there to see what all the hype is about. The place looks great.

I'm missing my tourney today because of a sickness. Such a bad feeling, I should be in Louisville. 

---Indiana Baller---

#1222 skipy35

skipy35

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

I'm down for that. Hazard reffs at BG. I'm just trying to save the money for it >_< being a broke-ass sucks.

Posted Image

#1223 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

I hear ya man! I've been wanting a new car... but paintball takes a good chunk of my money so I can never afford a new ride lol. I've kind of slowed down though, less recball and I mainly just play the tourneys now, with a few good practices inbetween.

---Indiana Baller---

#1224 beaty0827

beaty0827

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

You got a marine PBaller from Indiana coming home on leave soon. I need help (fields near Indy, Greenwood) that will be open (INDOOR???) need help guys im wanting to play bad.

#1225 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Battlegroundz is in Greenfield. Pretty new place and it's very nice, I'll be down there in a few weekends with some teammates. 

Other options around Indy that I would actually consider would be Paintball Indiana or Field of Dreams. 

---Indiana Baller---

#1226 beaty0827

beaty0827

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

spedball fields? thats mainly what i play here in cali

any of them indoor? or will it still be a decent temp over there. My friends say its starting to get a little cold

november 2 through the 16 are they days ill be there

Edited by beaty0827, 22 October 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#1227 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

All that I listed above have speedball fields. None of them are indoor though. If you want indoor you'll be driving to Louisville Asylum or Paintball Plex up north near Fort Wayne. So like a 2+ hour drive either way. 

It is starting to get pretty cold here lately, but not extreme. It's good paintball weather though. 

---Indiana Baller---

#1228 beaty0827

beaty0827

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

ok well hows the paint at battlegroundz? good quality? how much for air and stuff? im planning on playing some scenario too, cuz im bringing my younger brother and some frineds who have never played. dont want to shove them on a speedball course first thing lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users