• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 !Adam!

!Adam!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

A DYE NT Black/Gold Collector's Edition was stolen from CC Paintball in Corona,CA.

Looky here: http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=3453994

#2 Ollie63

Ollie63

O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

Damn, how does someone just take of with an NT though?

To view the wall of shame, check my profile.
My Feedback +11/-0

#3 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

Damn, how does someone just take of with an NT though?

it was on a gun stand behind the counter and he hopped the counter and took off. Not very hard especially if no employees were nearby.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#4 LozzerGuide

LozzerGuide

- Jason -

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:19 AM

That sucks.

Pirate metal FTW!
My Feedback Thread

#5 sk8np8nt

sk8np8nt

~Snake Eater~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

i find it kinda amazing how that guy just grabbed that dutch. If there wasnt a camera thatd be the perfect crime haha.
Ive Returned to paintball :D no need for applause

#6 Rawrr

Rawrr

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

well.. a perfectly good condition NT sitting right there with no one watching sooo tempting :Pbut thats just wrong...
RAWRR

#7 !Adam!

!Adam!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

If I was in his position seeing a Collectors Edition NT, which no one watching, I would Insta-Jizz my pants.

#8 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

I changed your title description, we don't talk like that over here bro.

It's all good, I hope they catch that asshole

#9 !Adam!

!Adam!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

^

Aight thx. I don't see how they aren't gonna catch him, they know his race & car, and how is he gonna use a collector edition NT without getting noticed or sell it without getting noticed.

#10 AznEastside

AznEastside

It's Britney Bitch.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:58 PM

Hope they get this guy.
Geniuses are ambidextrous, and paintballers are geniuses

Posted Image

#11 Sme11thegl0ve

Sme11thegl0ve

Ka-chunk!, u out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,616 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

^

Aight thx. I don't see how they aren't gonna catch him, they know his race & car, and how is he gonna use a collector edition NT without getting noticed or sell it without getting noticed.

Pretty much you can't. A normal NT sticks out like hell on paintball fields, even more so if it's a limited edition model. This dude is pretty much screwed unless he wants to just shoot it in the backyard.

EDIT: The serial number is posted on PBN. No way in heck can he sell it there. That's good

Edited by Sme11thegl0ve, 29 August 2010 - 02:03 PM.

#12 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:35 AM

This is what I don't get about most thiefs, why the hell steal something like a extremely rare paintball gun, that you will NEVER be able to sell, NEVER be able to take to a field, NEVER be able to use other then in your back yard. You can't even brag about owning a NT, because eventually someone will realize "Hey, that was a stolen gun".
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#13 MUNK3H

MUNK3H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:59 AM

watch ebay for that shit or if they want to get it gone fast keep an eye out for them selling it on the streets fucking scum bag needs to realize shit like that is what makes shops lose cash.

Edited by MUNK3H, 30 August 2010 - 01:02 AM.

Posted Image
current setup=Camo 2K5'D Ironmen timmy,47/3000 tank,V.L eggy hopper,jt proflex's.valken pants and jersey.
proudly repping hectors outdoor haven.

#14 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,932 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:04 AM

This is what I don't get about most thiefs, why the hell steal something like a extremely rare paintball gun, that you will NEVER be able to sell, NEVER be able to take to a field, NEVER be able to use other then in your back yard. You can't even brag about owning a NT, because eventually someone will realize "Hey, that was a stolen gun".

My guess is it's already sold and they're happy with their money. And some people do it just to be an asshole and keep other people from having it, and make the store lose money.

#15 ken_dawg13

ken_dawg13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:06 AM

It wouldn't be hard to sell it to a pawn shop for 1/10 of what its worth, then its the pawn shop's problem and I doubt they check out PBN.

Posted Image
Feedback Thread +5/0/-0

#16 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:42 AM

It wouldn't be hard to sell it to a pawn shop for 1/10 of what its worth, then its the pawn shop's problem and I doubt they check out PBN.

I doubt they check it too, but think about it, the people it was stolen from most likely filed a police report, and pawn shop owners check the list of items for ANYTHING that could be stolen, then they get all the information, and send it to the police if it matches one of the items on the list. I highly doubt he could have pawned it.
Posted Image

#17 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:50 AM

I doubt they check it too, but think about it, the people it was stolen from most likely filed a police report, and pawn shop owners check the list of items for ANYTHING that could be stolen, then they get all the information, and send it to the police if it matches one of the items on the list. I highly doubt he could have pawned it.

Yeah... No. A by the book, reputable pawn shop, sure. But I am sorry... The average pawn shop knows half or more of the stuff they get in is stolen. Most dont care, and are certainly not out searching for things to turn in. Without thieves stealing things and selling them stupid cheap, pawn shops don't stay in business. They know this, and that is why most wont bite the hand that feeds them.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#18 ken_dawg13

ken_dawg13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:56 AM

I had a buddy who's car was broken into in his garage and the people stole all his snowboarding gear which included 3 snowboards and other gear. He checked at the pawn shops like every day then like 2 weeks later they showed up at a Pawn America and he let them know the items were stolen and showed them the police report and asked them to pull the items aside until the investigator showed up and they refused and left them on the sale floor hopping to sell them real quick, because they don't keep track of who buys things, so if it sells then there is no way of tracking the items. A few hours later the investigator showed up and my buddy left with some of the items that were stolen from him and they got the info on the guy that pawned them.

Posted Image
Feedback Thread +5/0/-0

#19 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

Well, then, LEGALLY, they are supposed to check police reports for stolen items, its one of the reasons they need a police scanner.
Posted Image

#20 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:19 AM

Well, then, LEGALLY, they are supposed to check police reports for stolen items, its one of the reasons they need a police scanner.

Ah... Black and white. Such wonderful colors on paper. :P
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#21 !Adam!

!Adam!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:02 AM

Yeah... No. A by the book, reputable pawn shop, sure. But I am sorry... The average pawn shop knows half or more of the stuff they get in is stolen. Most dont care, and are certainly not out searching for things to turn in. Without thieves stealing things and selling them stupid cheap, pawn shops don't stay in business. They know this, and that is why most wont bite the hand that feeds them.

Said it all full stop :o

#22 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:27 AM

this shop is less than 20 minutes from me.

Ile be on the look out a long with all of jungle.

What you NEED to do is mark your territory, Pee on/in the WHOLE school. I mean EVERYWHERE just SOAK IT.

↔↔ Beasty Barrel Socks ↔↔ 46/0/0↔↔

#23 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

Suspecious.

Where is the surveillance video of him stealing the marker?

#24 !Adam!

!Adam!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:37 AM

D.K. There is a video posted on the PBNation forums. (link to youtube video)

The video doesn't really tell much :S...

#25 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:39 AM

You know what could have solved this? Spend an extra 100 bucks on a simple little kid tracker, and stuck it inside the gun. If I ever own a gun worth nearly $2,000, that's what I am going to do every time I have it lying around.
Posted Image

#26 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

They're never going to get that back gurantee

#27 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:24 AM

Can't you buy new colour kits for the NT?

That would make selling it a lot easier.

sigwf.png

#28 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

D.K. There is a video posted on the PBNation forums. (link to youtube video)

The video doesn't really tell much :S...

I saw the video.

I'm starting to think this is bogus.

There are security cameras... Obviously. Quite possibly multiple cameras yet no footage of him stealing something worth more than what's possibly lurking in the cash register? Sounds like some insurance FTW!

#29 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

Fail video is fail.

Unless there is another video out there.

sigwf.png

#30 !Adam!

!Adam!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

D.K. There is a video posted on the PBNation forums. (link to youtube video)The video doesn't really tell much :S...

I saw the video.I'm starting to think this is bogus.There are security cameras... Obviously. Quite possibly multiple cameras yet no footage of him stealing something worth more than what's possibly lurking in the cash register? Sounds like some insurance FTW!

Pff, now you got me thinking that too :P

#31 Iktinos

Iktinos

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

I am uncertain about other pawn shops, but the local ones ask if you want to sell something, or basically get a loan, with the item as collateral. If you choose to do the loan option (You get the same amount of money), then they hold your item(s) for up to 90 days, unless you choose to extend the loan by paying something like 20-50% as a fee. So if it is something like a paintball marker, even with a serial number, it does not get checked right away. If the local pawn shops there in that area do the same thing, I highly doubt that when the person defaults on the loan, 90 days later, that someone that works in the pawn shop is going to go back and look at any stolen items in the time frame (Just how far back do you look anyway?) that is determined to figure out if a stolen item report includes the item or not. Besides, doesn't DYE engrave the serial number on the bottom of the body, hidden by the grip frame?

#32 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,932 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:55 PM

I am uncertain about other pawn shops, but the local ones ask if you want to sell something, or basically get a loan, with the item as collateral. If you choose to do the loan option (You get the same amount of money), then they hold your item(s) for up to 90 days, unless you choose to extend the loan by paying something like 20-50% as a fee. So if it is something like a paintball marker, even with a serial number, it does not get checked right away. If the local pawn shops there in that area do the same thing, I highly doubt that when the person defaults on the loan, 90 days later, that someone that works in the pawn shop is going to go back and look at any stolen items in the time frame (Just how far back do you look anyway?) that is determined to figure out if a stolen item report includes the item or not. Besides, doesn't DYE engrave the serial number on the bottom of the body, hidden by the grip frame?

Generally pawn shops get a list of all stolen items, with a detailed description of it, and then they go through their inventory, and if they have a stolen item, they have to turn it over to the police. So it'd get checked right away.

#33 CWiL130

CWiL130

Bunkernator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

If I had a NT I would have frickin' sharks with frickin' lazer beams attached to their frickin' heads surrounding it 24/7
Posted Image

Edited by CWiL130, 30 August 2010 - 03:17 PM.

Posted Image<Ump he wiped!!!)

#34 thepaintballkid

thepaintballkid

Farcaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

They're never going to get that back gurantee

This

#35 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

the guys on nation mightve messed this up... just sayin... if i stole a gun and saw that everyone was saying "ima go hear and post flyers ect ect..." i wouldnt go to any of those places... then again... if you do it enough... he might be unable to sell it... and eventually he'll get desperate... meh... still sucks though... hope they find it.

By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#36 Iktinos

Iktinos

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

Generally pawn shops get a list of all stolen items, with a detailed description of it, and then they go through their inventory, and if they have a stolen item, they have to turn it over to the police. So it'd get checked right away.

So, does your local pawn shop have a clue what kind of paintball gun you would take into them? How about an AKA Viking, or any Bob Long gun? Or maybe a Shocker? They go off what you tell them. Take in a DYE NT, and tell the guy that it is a DYE SLG. He won't know, he will look it up, you get like 30% of the value of a SLG, let's say $60, and that is $60 more than the guy had before. Plain and simple.

Besides, how many iPods do you think that they get in a week? I know that local ones wrap everything up in plastic wrap, and it does not get opened at all when they are there. With a DYE NT, if the thief tells them it is a DM9 or a DM10, and not a NT, the average pawn shop person isn't going to know. So they see a police report for a stolen DYE NT, look through what they have taken in, see that the DYE DM10, and move on.

#37 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

So, does your local pawn shop have a clue what kind of paintball gun you would take into them? How about an AKA Viking, or any Bob Long gun? Or maybe a Shocker? They go off what you tell them. Take in a DYE NT, and tell the guy that it is a DYE SLG. He won't know, he will look it up, you get like 30% of the value of a SLG, let's say $60, and that is $60 more than the guy had before. Plain and simple.

Besides, how many iPods do you think that they get in a week? I know that local ones wrap everything up in plastic wrap, and it does not get opened at all when they are there. With a DYE NT, if the thief tells them it is a DM9 or a DM10, and not a NT, the average pawn shop person isn't going to know. So they see a police report for a stolen DYE NT, look through what they have taken in, see that the DYE DM10, and move on.

there not going to post it up as a stolen nt... its gonna be a stolen paintball marker valued at $xxxx.xx... DYE NT might be in the desc some where... but the report will be labeled just as a STOLEN PAINTBALL GUN most likely...

also... just saying.. wouldnt it be cool if this showed up on that show pawnstars?
By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#38 Iktinos

Iktinos

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

there not going to post it up as a stolen nt... its gonna be a stolen paintball marker valued at $xxxx.xx... DYE NT might be in the desc some where... but the report will be labeled just as a STOLEN PAINTBALL GUN most likely...

Great, that will get their attention even more. That's even worse.

Here is what a recent pawn ticket for a marker that I got a loan on said:

PAINTBALL AKA VIKING S/N: B02296 BLACK BODY W/TANK/HOPPER

Tells a bit, but what about if it said something like:

PAINTBALL DYE SLG BLACK AND GOLD W/TANK/HOPPER

Would that get the pawn shop person to look at it? Personally, I doubt it.

Now, if it was something that stood out even more, like a white and gold NT, that might get the pawn shop person to look at it. But I figure that they have seen more than enough black, blue, red, and green paintball markers that it won't blip on their radar at all.

Isn't Pawnstars based out of Las Vegas? And they do a show like that, filming and editing, spending time from say January to June to get episodes for September to March, or so. Weird, but then again, anyone seeing it would see it at least six months after it was pawned. Unless the person buying it used a credit card, or a check, it would be gone with the only chance of someone finding it being that the person might sell it on PbN or MCB, or here even.

#39 !Adam!

!Adam!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:55 AM

Pawnstars, great show xD

#40 !Adam!

!Adam!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

If I had a NT I would have frickin' sharks with frickin' lazer beams attached to their frickin' heads surrounding it 24/7 Posted Image

This.

Lmao.

#41 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=3458720

#42 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:24 PM

plays at velocity

san diego area

I asked for serial number...

ps i was at the shop yesterday

NT was not were it normally is, (or anywhere for that matter)

What you NEED to do is mark your territory, Pee on/in the WHOLE school. I mean EVERYWHERE just SOAK IT.

#43 D.K.

D.K.

L.L.L.

• Banned
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

of course, the one time it's "out of place" it gets stolen.

#44 LUVZ2SPOOJ

LUVZ2SPOOJ

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:46 PM

if i were u and i found this asshole id take that carbon fiber boomstick and shove it up his ass lol

#45 !Adam!

!Adam!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:53 AM

Could be him :o

#46 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:02 PM

No no no.

The NT wasn't in the shop. It's normally up on the display rack on the right side, anyone could reach over the table and grab it.

Only one security camera is pointed towards the door, the NT is out of sight.

Ps seller on that link won't say the serial number.

#47 Abra Volta

Abra Volta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:38 PM

No offense to anyone but that guy selling the NT on PBN does look fairly legit. Joined in 2004, have a decent amount of positive feedback and has some PBN credentials. I would highly doubt that he would stake his rep on a single stolen gun.

Now, if someone made him a deal on the outside and he is unknowing, that is a possibility. But only he can answer that. I'd like to know how he came to own the NT first.
Ego7 + Rotor + 90/4500 Ninja
PMR + Prophecy + 62/3000 Steelie

#48 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

The thing is the NT was stolen on the 23rd, put up for sale the 31st.

The suspect was latino, 18yrs old. He is 18yrs old.

#49 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

lol at the pbn guys telling him they think its stolen... thats the last thing you do when you suspect it to be stolen... if it is he aint gonna post again... lol.

#50 !Adam!

!Adam!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:38 AM

No no no.The NT wasn't in the shop. It's normally up on the display rack on the right side, anyone could reach over the table and grab it.Only one security camera is pointed towards the door, the NT is out of sight.Ps seller on that link won't say the serial number.

Well then they're dumb for making it so easy to steal.

No offense to anyone but that guy selling the NT on PBN does look fairly legit. Joined in 2004, have a decent amount of positive feedback and has some PBN credentials. I would highly doubt that he would stake his rep on a single stolen gun.Now, if someone made him a deal on the outside and he is unknowing, that is a possibility. But only he can answer that. I'd like to know how he came to own the NT first.

You think he'd rather have his rep on a crap forum then $1.2k in real life?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users