44 replies to this topic

#1 paintballer42

paintballer42

Insane Member.. ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

i been paintballing about 2 times and i just recently bought a proto slg and tank and hopper, i love it! B) the last 2 times i went i wore heavy sweatshirt and pants and shorts under them. i was thinking thats way to hot cuz the last time i almost got heatstroke lol.. this time im planning to wear a longleave shirt and another shirt over it, its suppose to be cold that day so i think ill be fine and im gonna wear sweats. is that fine? cuz im only 12 and it hurts, yeah. im a back player cuz i dont wana get bunkered or get shot point blank. so any idea's besides that or is it good? nothing to light tho. im goin on saturday and its monday night right now so respond quick please. :rolleyes: :P B)

Thanks,
Paintballer42

Okay, you do realize that when you have girl in the title, you don't need to put dumb as well, right?

#2 T-Freak

T-Freak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:10 PM

light and loose, thats all you need, nothing too flashy ;)

long sleeve is fine, you will find that you wont be wearing that very long, you will get used to getting hit
iPump

#3 Matrix_balla69

Matrix_balla69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

You should just wear anything comfortable. Try and get some pants that slide easily and a loose fitting shirt to take bounces for you. Go out and have fun most importantly.

#4 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

well i would wear some jeans or other heavy material pants, to protect your knees and legs from sliding. I would also recommended that you invest in a pair of paintball pants they really make a big impact in playing.

as for the shirt goes i wear a long sleeve shirt a lot and if its cold ill throw a t-shirt or something under it. but a jersey does help a lot in those hot days because of the venting mesh they have built in.

#5 Matrix_balla69

Matrix_balla69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:22 PM

Not trying to say you gave bad advice but jeans are a horrid idea. They are horrid for sliding and you can hurt yourself pretty easily.

#6 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

how are jeans bad for sliding, vrs any other type of clothing not made for playing paintball.

#7 Weibs

Weibs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:15 PM

Get some loose cloths and honestly playing front like with the adrenaline of being up there you dont feel it when u get bunkered it like burns for a second

#8 mchainmail

mchainmail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:19 PM

I play woodsball with jeans, a shirt, and a camo jacket. But with the people I play, overshooting is never a problem. If it is, you might need to adjust your gear.

Also, I don't slide much at all, but I'd probably reccomend good kneepads, one of my friends is on his third set from diving on rocks.

#9 DaEagleEye8

DaEagleEye8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:35 PM

another piece of advice: Don't think that being a back player is going to keep you from getting bunkered, because usually the back player will be one of the last to get out and when you are down bodies, and one of the last, if not the last player out there, you are more likely to get bunkered.

#10 Matrix_balla69

Matrix_balla69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:40 PM

Jeans grab onto the grass, you want something that will not grab onto the surface you are sliding on like jogging pants or Paintball pants. If your playing woods naturally you will camo out, but otherwise I have listed the best options.

#11 51 BeAnEr BaLLa 51

51 BeAnEr BaLLa 51

I LIKE CHEESE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:33 AM

were jeans and a make sure they are loose because u can get bounces that way. I recomend getting some paintball pants i recomend smart parts pants they are fast and cheap. :huh:
my sig had too many lines of text and was killed by brycelarson - this is my SECOND time having my sig removed - I must be special!

#12 pbgunner93

pbgunner93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:29 AM

i been paintballing about 2 times and i just recently bought a proto slg and tank and hopper, i love it! B) the last 2 times i went i wore heavy sweatshirt and pants and shorts under them. i was thinking thats way to hot cuz the last time i almost got heatstroke lol.. this time im planning to wear a longleave shirt and another shirt over it, its suppose to be cold that day so i think ill be fine and im gonna wear sweats. is that fine? cuz im only 12 and it hurts, yeah. im a back player cuz i dont wana get bunkered or get shot point blank. so any idea's besides that or is it good? nothing to light tho. im goin on saturday and its monday night right now so respond quick please. :rolleyes: :P B)

Thanks,
Paintballer42

First off you want to get the right protection such as a good mask, slider shorts, knee pads, and elbow pads. Then you may want to invest in paintball pants and i nice loose jersey. All you really need is the protection though, but then again paintball dont hurt me taht much.
Team "Nuclear Dinosauer Commandos"
Thanks for helping us get a team name, pm me if you wish to join this team
LilBill78: "do all electric hopper use batterys?"

#13 Diluted

Diluted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:53 AM

You should just wear anything comfortable. Try and get some pants that slide easily and a loose fitting shirt to take bounces for you. Go out and have fun most importantly.

Paintball pants are a necessity, Depending where you play some soccer cleats are great too.

Really though, anything you are comfortable in is fine.

#14 CrackersSB17

CrackersSB17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:09 AM

If you can get some Paintball clothes, they're made to be durable and breathable. Also you can get shirts with padding in them so that you don't have to wear a sweat shirt or 3 layers to keep from getting hurt, lol. You can find last year's stuff on ebay for some pretty reasonable prices.

If buying actual paintball clothes is not an option. For pants you want some thing durable like a work pant, jeans are fine, but they are tough to run in because the material is very heavy and does not breathe well. Any shirt will do, but I would seriously look into buying a padded paintball shirt rather than layering up, making your body over heat is never a good idea.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#15 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:39 AM

I would not recommend Jeans at all, maybe because I'm in the woods a lot and they stick out horribly. I also think they are too stiff and limit movement, my preference would be to either wear wind breakers and a long sleeve dark T-Shirt and a undershirt. If you can afford it paintball pants and Jerseys are very nice too.

#16 Captian Crunch

Captian Crunch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

Everyone gets worried about what to wear. Just buy paintball pants and wear a long sleeve shirt. You will be find thats what i do.

#17 BAMitsON

BAMitsON

BROKE member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:40 PM

sweats are fine....you should wear like sweats with joging pants over that(slide better) but when you do get some cash....pick up some diablo pants...there $20, and if it will make you feel alittle safer, get a empire bounce vest

http://www.firstcall...ore/show/122024

http://www.firstcall...ore/show/112930
<!--coloro:#708090--><span style="color:#708090"><!--/coloro--><!--coloro:#708090--><span style="color:#708090"><!--/coloro--><div align='center'><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro--><strike>$$</strike> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><a href="http://www.techpb.co...7&#entry106707" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro-->BROKE TechPB Players Club<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro--> <strike>$$</strike><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div><div align='center'><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro-->.: BAMitsON :. .: ciolfi0118 :. .: ItalianGigalo :.
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#18 boyscoutassasin

boyscoutassasin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:09 PM

Well, if it's going to be cold, and you don't want it to hurt too much, you can wear a t-shirt, and a puffy jacket. For all my winter/cold games I do that and get a bunch of bounces with little feeling of the paintball.

as for pants, For my first few scenerio games i wore kahkis (sp?) a few games later I bought some old paintball pants for cheap, and they are great. For a casual "once in a while" player a puffy jacket, longsleeve t-shirt, and some durable pants are fine. (in my own experience.)

If anything, bring a spare shirt or two for the day. One (short sleeved T) to change into if it's too hot (i did this....and it saved me from heat stroke.) and one (sweatshirt) to put on if it's to cold.

Hope this helps.
Markers of choice: A-5/Phantom (Stock Class)
Field used most: Strategy Plus in East Hampton CT.

Next Game: Toys for Tots@ Strategy Plus, CT
Awards: Most valuable Role Player.
Oscar TDEEE MYKEYYY Delta is a go!

#19 CTill77

CTill77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:34 PM

Depending on what your doing, weather conditions, what type of field your playing on, tourny ball, jersey and pants, woodballs rec basically whatever is most comfortable for you, pod pack is optional in rec ball u dont have to have it.

#20 ≡GREY≡

≡GREY≡

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:55 PM

Ditch the sweater for sure, I'd say just wear a light T-shirt and maybe some nylon type pants or other loose pants. If you are looking into playing a lot I would look into some actual paintball pants like proto's or dye etc. Go with the previous years line if want to save some money.

#21 Awesomo172

Awesomo172

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:05 PM

Thanks,
Paintballer42

Paintballing in paradise

#22 Awesomo172

Awesomo172

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

Thanks,
Paintballer42

Paintballing in paradise

#23 Awesomo172

Awesomo172

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:08 PM

If i were u i would look in to getting some actual paintball pants and a jersey theyll usually keep u warm but theyre quite expensive. Im 12 also and i had to save up about 70 dollars for the pants and30 to 40 dollars for the jersey. hope this helps!
Paintballing in paradise

#24 LukeH

LukeH

Team Ricochet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:33 PM

Wear what is comfortable for you, but if you are willing to spend a bit of cash and plan on being on a team anytime soon, I would reccomend a good pair of pants and a cheap thick shirt that you can practice in.

Think she would give me a handy for some oregano?

-Feedback-
"Stranger: wanna stick your nunchuck in my mater can?" - Omegle ftw

#25 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

i usually wear my jersey (a relatively cheap one i bought to play with), some jeans, old mechanics gloves, and an old pair of sneakers.
xfire-stix9693
Ps3 - SLYGATHOR (LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, Team Fortress2, Killzone 2)
Wii - 5318 0896 2208 0310
Steam - slygathore
Building a computer is like playing with Legos, the pieces only fit one way
Posted Image

#26 paintballer42

paintballer42

Insane Member.. ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

thanks everyone it helps alot!!!! i think ima get some new pants, either smartparts or old proto. and stick with a longsleave shirt for a while

Okay, you do realize that when you have girl in the title, you don't need to put dumb as well, right?

#27 Matrix_balla69

Matrix_balla69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

With pants you can't go wrong with Empire. Jerseys are your choice but I am quite partial to DYE jerseys, particularly the C5 that has pretty good padding.

#28 DanDaMan

DanDaMan

The Spandex Terror

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

When i first started out, i just wore one of my dad's HHHHUUUUGGGGEEEE shirts and some nice, baggy sweatpants. After awhile, and knowing that it was a sport i would like to pursue, i bought pants, jersey and mask. oh, wear soccer or football or baseball cleats, they're great.

#29 DanDaMan

DanDaMan

The Spandex Terror

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

oh ya, look on ebay and craigslist. they were my best friends for when i needed something.

#30 protoslgftw5

protoslgftw5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

i have camo pants that i wear which i picked up from an army/navy surplus store pretty cheap which work well but if you looking to buy some actual paintballing stuff ansgear.com i believe is the website has some pretty cheap jerseys and pants from like 07 really cheap http://www.ansgear.c...egory_s/222.htm <--- padding and stuff
http://www.ansgear.c...tegory_s/82.htm <-----pants- you can get some from like 07 for like 50 bucks from smart parts
http://www.ansgear.c...tegory_s/83.htm <--- jerseys- you can get some from like 07 for around 25 bucks i believe again from SP hope this helps

#96 azodin owners group

#31 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

so wait you have been twice right??

wear whatever floats your boat.
I didnt buy my pair of designated paintball pants untill after about 15 outings.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#32 techpbminion

techpbminion

Hero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:42 PM

comfortable protective clothes

#33 DanTheMan

DanTheMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

get pants and your set
Russian Legion Fan Club #13

#34 Garlic Man

Garlic Man

The Dumb One

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

buy a baggy jersy/shirt.
thats it, you dont have to layer up.
the baggier,the more bounceoffs you'll get, and it will hurt less when bunkered

cargo pants/shorts (not jeans) work fine until you can get some good paint pants.
Limited Edition Proto M8
DXS 68/4500
Halo V35
-----------------------------------
McCain 08

#35 ENGL.

ENGL.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:22 PM

U got the basics down i think, baggy cloths, long sleeve, layers, good job man
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My text was too big. Help me read the rules and become a mod?

#36 paintballfreak36

paintballfreak36

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:28 PM

get a paintbal jersey and pants

#37 Captain Vice09

Captain Vice09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:37 PM

When i first started playing i wore jeans and a hoody, but living in Florida it was just way to hot. Allways wear long pants no matter what. But it doesnt really matter about the shirt. Just whenever you can get decent pair of paintball pants. ;)

#38 paintballfreak36

paintballfreak36

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:41 PM

no not a hoody you will get heat strock

#39 DOD

DOD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:54 AM

Just wear some light baggy loose clothes at first, then once you get into it a bit more and save some money in vest in a good pair of paintball pants and a jersey aswell as a good podpack. You don't need the latest gear, and you can save alot of money by buying paintball clothing that came out a year or two ago. I recomend dye or empire or even jt, and for podpacks nxe. Also just to let you know back players are ussually always the ones that get bunkered out and shot point blank because they are the last ones on the field. If you are still scared of getting shot try playing mid or something and you wont get bunkered out as often.

#40 Stix

Stix

TechPB Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:28 AM

no not a hoody you will get heat strock

not at all, i used to wear a hoodie before i got my jersey. they actually work good if you wear the hood under the mask straps. it kept so much paint out of my hair. :lol: as per everyone saying get pants first, i'd suggest a jersey first. i still don't own paintball pants. i wear the same crappy ripped up jeans (of course i wash them after every game, but they are stained with different colored paints. ), with knee pads on underneath. it's worked out perfect for me.
xfire-stix9693
Ps3 - SLYGATHOR (LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, Team Fortress2, Killzone 2)
Wii - 5318 0896 2208 0310
Steam - slygathore
Building a computer is like playing with Legos, the pieces only fit one way
Posted Image

#41 Juttaro

Juttaro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:32 AM

i didn't read all of this but how are baseball pants? there made out of like a polyester.

#42 quadzilla122

quadzilla122

Hooray for Zoidberg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

Double padded on the knees... Dickies work pants.
I used to wear them back in the day.

Got Splat Paintball Visit Us Here
Sponsored by DP and soon DXS and V-force
Biggest "Epic Fail" post in Techpb history: http://www.techpb.co...a...st&p=134951

#43 TacticalPaintball

TacticalPaintball

Willy Goat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

I just bought a Proto 08 urban camo Jersey and JT team pants. All I've used so far is some cheap hunting camo. (woodsball player)
Tacticalpaintball Harwood, Texas. Sponsored by TechPB.

This is to commemorate all the sigs that perished in the Great Signature Genocide of 08.

#44 jackd

jackd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:03 AM

Just get some good PB pants to slide and any old shirt (baggy)

#45 OneTime

OneTime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:24 AM

save up if you have to and get a pair of paintball specific pants. you are going to get them in the end anyways so you might as well get them now and not have to worry about it again. I have a pair of Redz pants myself. They have padding built in where you need it, breathable materials where you need it. You can get paintball pants for around $40 or maybe a bit cheaper. Do some chores around the house/neighbourhood if you have to.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users