7 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:01 AM

Interesting findings taking place right now with the "chilled" 50 cal formula 13 paint.

As you know, I always store my Formula 13 50 cal in the refridgerator. The colder you keep 50 cal paint, the better chance of it breaking. Once it goes to room temperature or hotter, it becomes a bit more firm

Anyways, I've tried several times to shoot 50 cal paint, that's straight out of the refridgerator through my SLS or Etek 3 50 Cal, and it usually will break paint

I got the urge to try it through my GI Micro, and my GI Nano - 350 shots later, not a single broken ball

It could be the slower bolt speed, no idea, but it blows right through that super-cool paint with no breaks or problems at all.

For the record, when I drop the chilled 50 cal Formula 13 from a height of 7 feet (just above my head), it consistently cracks when it hits the smooth concrete floor. 6 feet it'll bounce, 7 feet it breaks.

I believe the paint is around 45 to 50 degrees (standard refrigerator temperature), but I can't confirm that until I use a temperature gauge. Also, I do plan on trying 50 cal at World Cup for at least 1 or 2 games

#2 JBaller

JBaller

SCP Edge

• Banned
  • 12,546 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:02 AM

First Post AND First After Mike!!

Sounds hella chill mike, hope it does well at World Cup and maybe I'll convert a etek 3 to 50 cal

#3 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:23 AM

Mike, your fridge temperature is probably closer to 35-39 degrees. The paint coming out of it should hover just at 40 I think.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#4 jdlarson11

jdlarson11

Uber Member

• Banned
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

You need to get the Ego 11 to shoot the 50 cal paint Posted Image

#5 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:17 AM

You need to get the Ego 11 to shoot the 50 cal paint Posted Image

You mean the Ego'leven!
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#6 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

You should get .68 cal formula 13 and try the same test with the etek 3/ sls. The bolt might hit too hard for the tiny .50 cal ball especially when chilled.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#7 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

Yeah try the ego 11's adjustable solenoid to slow the bolt speed down then try chilled .50 through that.

#8 kyot

kyot

kyotis maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

Slightly OT, but speaking of refridgeration and 50 cal...

In ohio, winter/unfavorable weather lasts nearly 3-4 months. Not all indoor is fancy, heated with poleless structuring around here. A conversion kit to play even 3 months out of the year instead of just being downtime or completely shredded by half froze 68 cal on half court-pole barn-xball fields is acceptable to me. Digging neon shell out of your fatty tissue is no fun even if you hate the idea of 50 cal.

The vic has a conversion so I assume the g6r will/does have one aswell? Ego problem solveddddddddddddddd.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users