8 replies to this topic

#1 troy11995

troy11995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

Well when my brother was big into paintball back when we lived in california, i used to always watch him go out and play paintball and i was always soo jealous because i was too young.

. ha back on track, when we moved to north carolina, he quit because it was not nearly as big out here as it was in cali. i always talk to him about paintball and he brought his excal over. It looks amazing it has a red acid wash. im not going to get into the gun or anything i was just wondering about the pressure tester and stuff. and what are some general things about the gun, and how much it would be worth now. It is also NOT drilled for eyes.

Edited by troy11995, 23 September 2010 - 06:23 PM.

My feedback 7/0/0

#2 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

Maintenance should be simple. Put it on a giant white hand, submerge it deep into a magical lake, then at the end of the month retrive it from the giant hand and bring England back to it's former glory.

:dodgy:

I don't know anything about Excaliburs, but now I require pictars.

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#3 troy11995

troy11995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

You know thats what all aka gun owners have been telling me. haha.
My feedback 7/0/0

#4 schnips

schnips

Wicked Pissah Masshole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

I haz foud pictar?
Posted Image

Posted Image

What I have learned from the internet is nothing is safe.... Don't touch anything, don't eat anything and don't do anything.... EVERYTHING causes Cancer!

#5 troy11995

troy11995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

not quite. lol

Posted Image
My feedback 7/0/0

#6 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

Oh shit.

That's niiiiiice! :D

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#7 troy11995

troy11995

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:57 PM

The stickers were removed as well.

My feedback 7/0/0

#8 WackaWackaWacka

WackaWackaWacka

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:53 PM

I haz foud pictar?
Posted Image

I am just going to guess but you are either kidding or don't realize you just posted an angel.

#9 Iktinos

Iktinos

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

not quite. lol

Posted Image

Heh, okay, let's see what I know.

AKA's first electro marker is the Excalibur. Honestly, it is very similar to the original Shoebox Shocker in that it uses two solenoids to work it's system and shoots closed bolt. AKA started making the Excal in 2001, in that same body style, up to 2003, then they slightly altered the body style.

Because of AKA's quality and tolerance's in manufacture, they made a quality marker that is, to this day, not surpassed. Although heavy, at the beginning of the day, one would put a couple of drops of AKA lube, from what I understand, transmission oil without the color, into the ASA, air it up, shoot it a couple of times, and it is lubed for the day, or two cases, whichever comes first. At the end of the day, you simply wipe it down and put it away. Yep, that simple. Matter of fact, they are known to be built so well, that people will find them in their closet two or even three years later, drop a couple of drops of AKA lube in them, air them up, shoot them a bit, and put them over the chrono and still get a +/- 2 FPS variance. With the velocity still right where they left it before they put the marker away.

In 2002, AKA came out with the Viking, an single solenoid, open bolt marker very much like the Excal. Really, from the outside, the only difference between the two is that the Excal top tube where you screw the barrel in is pushed slight back.

So, AKA was known for awesome air efficiency. The Viking, when it came out in 2002, got a case off of a 68/4500 tank, and the Excals were really good as well. Don't quote me, but I think about 1600-1800 shots from a 68/4500 tank. Both markers used a three tube body, with the top tube being the bolt. The bottom two tubes, on the Excal, held air, and the solenoids below operated one action of the firing sequence. One solenoid, when you pulled the trigger operated the firing, the other solenoid operated the bolt movement. When you pulled the trigger, the firing solenoid energized and pushed a ram forward to open the poppet to shoot the marker. Then it de-energized to push the ram back and prepare for another shot. Then the other solenoid would energize and move the bolt back to drop another paintball into the chamber. It would de-energize and the bolt would move forward to prepare for the next shot.

So the back had two cartridges, and they were the ram for each operation. They weren't made to be easily taken apart by the average user, but had a really long lifespan to them. As a matter of fact, I know of a guy that replaced the ram cartridge last year on a Viking with somewhere in the neighborhood of five million paintballs through it. There are a number of tools needed for some of this stuff, like a metal cylinder with three small pins in a triangle patter sticking out. This allows for the removal of the cartridge from the body, since they didn't use a typical hex head screw type of interface. Another is a spanner wrench for actually taking the cartridges apart. The pressure tester was honestly a first at the time. You removed your cartridge and screwed in your pressure tester. You could then make sure that the pressure going into your solenoid wasn't too much to damage the solenoid. They operated at a really low pressure, hence the slogan for AKA: The low pressure experts.

On the specific Excal that you posted in the picture, it has a CCM adjustable clamping feedneck, very typical and a great upgrade from the original feedneck, and a trigger that is most likely from JMJ. Looks beautiful tool If he is every interested in selling it, let me know. I know a person with the eye covers that are needed for that specific model, and you can't get them anymore.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users