703 replies to this topic

#601 hill

hill

Mag Guru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

PMR totally stock, tuned by me with all quad orings. set at 28 bps eyes off. Bone stock rotor.
It will do 30 if I turn up the velocity to 285, but I want a contest.
Until I need to go over 30 I see no reason to get out the mag. :D

I checked and it is 27 bps maybe 28 from 43.14 to 44.14 seconds.
Edit: with a better program to check it with it is 26 bps
The glare blotted out the writing on the paper, but alittle youtube editing did the trick.

Edited by hill, 30 April 2011 - 11:32 PM.

captin pinky: see when hill was born his mom secretly had tom kaye as the pool boy and well..... special hugs..... and now we have super duper mags lol

Fire power
Posted Image

#602 BonesJackson

BonesJackson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

When I told Zak about this I had hoped he would make a video, but sadly his RT is permanently hung up on the shelf. It is up to you to rectify this situation. Rock on.

Edited by BonesJackson, 30 April 2011 - 09:11 PM.

Posted Image

#603 hill

hill

Mag Guru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

Ya I tried as well but no luck

captin pinky: see when hill was born his mom secretly had tom kaye as the pool boy and well..... special hugs..... and now we have super duper mags lol

Fire power
Posted Image

#604 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,588 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

The glare blotted out the writing on the paper, but alittle youtube editing did the trick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7N9SkA8vJw

Posted Image

26. nice. new electro leader.

#605 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:51 PM

I don't know if this has been asked before or not but shouldn't the entries demonstrate blank shots (if applicable) before chronoing so that it is easier for comparison in Goldwave? What I mean is, is it easy enough to tell the difference in any given video if they are missing shots or not?

#606 BonesJackson

BonesJackson

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

With eyes-on mode there is no such thing as a 'missed shot'. The board's programming will not allow the marker to cycle without the eyes saying "yap, ball in breech broseph go for it"
Posted Image

#607 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

With eyes-on mode there is no such thing as a 'missed shot'. The board's programming will not allow the marker to cycle without the eyes saying "yap, ball in breech broseph go for it"

That's if they actually have the eyes on. For mechanicals and people who turn them off, it doesn't apply.

#608 hill

hill

Mag Guru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:15 PM

Posted Image

26. nice. new electro leader.

IMovie HD is ok for a goldwave, that is what I use, but that program is way better. :tup:
It makes it easier to see them

Leafy, Im comming for ya :D

Edited by hill, 30 April 2011 - 11:21 PM.

Fire power
Posted Image

#609 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,588 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

I don't know if this has been asked before or not but shouldn't the entries demonstrate blank shots (if applicable) before chronoing so that it is easier for comparison in Goldwave? What I mean is, is it easy enough to tell the difference in any given video if they are missing shots or not?

I can usually see the problem shot. When we're looking at high ROF guns it's really easy to find the section you're going to use - it's the one that's really boring. There are not spikes, no holes - just a repeating, regular pattern like the one here. Other sections of the sample have strange things in them - which might represent a missed shot, broken ball - whatever.

#610 MUNK3H

MUNK3H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

I think I will be submitting an entry in the electro and the RT mechanical areas. If you dont know I am some what good with making mags scream and I already have a video that will best the 25 up right now. But I am going to wait to post a vid for submission until I actually try for speed, as I have set my sights on My friends record of 34.5 bps with an rt mag. At the moment I cant go past 26 due to the eyes having to be on to go over 15. So as soon as the new board arrives I will let the Old school show what speed is.
Until I officially post an entry, a teaser. or two

This one will shoot at 25 bps without pause,chop,break or miss for 3000 rounds uninterrupted. It is set at 20 in this video and for play however.
Unmodified rotor. And yes I built it
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnk8HBH7bc4"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Xnk8HBH7bc4[/url]

Unmodified rotor.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoQsSpacNp0"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SoQsSpacNp0[/url]

I have gone way faster.

Zack Vetter is still the king of both with a Excal and viking at 31bps and a rt mag at 34.5bps. But not for long hehe

that mini gun mag is the SHIT! :wub: sweetest mag ever
Posted Image
current setup=Camo 2K5'D Ironmen timmy,47/3000 tank,V.L eggy hopper,jt proflex's.valken pants and jersey.
proudly repping hectors outdoor haven.

#611 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

That's 65% more bullet, per bullet.

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

PMR totally stock, tuned by me with all quad orings. set at 28 bps eyes off. Bone stock rotor.
It will do 30 if I turn up the velocity to 285, but I want a contest.
Until I need to go over 30 I see no reason to get out the mag. :D

Edit: with a better program to check it with it is 26 bps

That's funny. I hit 26 back when the PMR was brand new in 12/2006:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M4Bi2Dx8ic
waveprint: http://imageshack.us...snoeyessf4.gif/

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

#612 hill

hill

Mag Guru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

I know and it has another higher setting. I wanted to see if I could get someone to start a one upping thing but I guess not. I will probably do a video at 30+ next time I do one, with a different marker. Maybe a DM3 lol, Or a EP Mag. Something old at any rate.

Fire power
Posted Image

#613 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

Here's the real problem with these high rates of fire - even if you up your operating pressure on the PMR, you're going to find that the bolt won't fully cycle, or won't open long enough to properly load the next paintball. Past 26bps you're going to start chopping. At the least, a PMR is going to need ~35ms for a full firing cycle, and 18-25 of that will be just the solenoid activating.

I don't know if you can increase the LPR on a balanced spool to overcome this but I did test 30 cycles per second and 30 balls per second with my PMR. The EP mag should be able to. Zak Vetter did it by feeding his RT mag ~1200-1000psi direct from a scuba tank.

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

#614 hill

hill

Mag Guru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

Yes but I run my DM3 at 10 ms dwell so it may make the difference. I also have some fairly rare parts in my DM3 that makes it cycle really fast, polished delrin bolt, top hat KAPP fully extended, and other polished goodies. It is also tuned with Quad orings. If this tadao board goes to 30 eyes off I know it will cycle that fast, and the rotor will have no problems with that speed.
\
Edit: Dam it only goes to 25. I need a UTB board bad.

Edited by hill, 10 May 2011 - 02:09 PM.

Fire power
Posted Image

#615 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

so far the rotor has been shown to be one of the slowest loader.
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
CCM 6.5 FST Rendition Alias and other goodies FST
Feedback

#616 hill

hill

Mag Guru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

O really, I think 40 bps is the record even though they were nylon balls.

And the most durable.

Edited by hill, 10 May 2011 - 02:04 PM.

Fire power
Posted Image

#617 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,111 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

O really, I think 40 bps is the record even though they were nylon balls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juzwsBimSrY

And the most durable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdqKg0PIXfY

besides your videos, we have yet to see the rotor topping the low 20s on gun. and on guns set up identically, we have seen the proph feed faster.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#618 hill

hill

Mag Guru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

It will be interesting to see where it tops out. My main issue is that most boards wont go over 25 bps with the eyes off and some even lower. I will spill the beans and let anyone who has a viking or excal with WAS board know they can set the D bounce at 0 in semi mode with the eyes off and it will do 31 bps. :D

Fire power
Posted Image

#619 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,588 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

there's video of Jack @ PE doing 41 I think with paint.

That's a Q-loader though.

#620 hill

hill

Mag Guru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

Dam thats fast.

Fire power
Posted Image

#621 DAVID(GEN)

DAVID(GEN)

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

I know the video does not follow the rules but could you tell me what the BPS is so if needed I can make another video that does.

#622 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

Sounds real close to mine. Dont make me over volt my magna and turn up the input pressure even more. I have a center feed body, you'll lose this battle.

#623 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

I know the video does not follow the rules but could you tell me what the BPS is so if needed I can make another video that does.

I count 27 bps. Make another video that conforms to the rules and you'll probably take RT mechanical's 1st place.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#624 DAVID(GEN)

DAVID(GEN)

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

Sounds real close to mine. Dont make me over volt my magna and turn up the input pressure even more. I have a center feed body, you'll lose this battle.

Does your reg go to 1200psi?
And dont make me buy/borrow a rotor and get a new body. :lol:

I count 27 bps. Make another video that conforms to the rules and you'll probably take RT mechanical's 1st place.

Will do tomorrow
Thank you

#625 hill

hill

Mag Guru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

It better be fastPosted Image

I am going to do a RT video soon, and I have a way with mags. hehe.

Edited by hill, 10 June 2011 - 11:03 PM.

Fire power
Posted Image

#626 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

Interestingly enough I tried a qloader on my CSL and with eyes-on it was only 18bps. I tried my rotor with my Ego9/Tadao and eyes off got 25bps.

Posted Image

#627 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:33 AM

Interestingly enough I tried a qloader on my CSL and with eyes-on it was only 18bps. I tried my rotor with my Ego9/Tadao and eyes off got 25bps.

Are you able to crank up the tension on the drive spring?

Fear is the mind-killer

#628 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:39 AM

I know how to do it, but it was crushing the paint badly enough as-is. I'll have to tinker with it some more but I need to see if I can drive the CSL noid off of an E9 Tadao board so I can run it without eyes.

Posted Image

#629 Poe 2.0

Poe 2.0

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

there's video of Jack @ PE doing 41 I think with paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GclbxKanwoM&feature=player_profilepage

That's a Q-loader though.

Not a Q-Loader. That's Dave Hall's prototype loader. A Q-loader is close, but slightly slower. 9-13ms drop time for Dave's and roughly 15-20ms for the Q-loader.

....interestingly enough, the drop time on the q-loader isn't even the reason it's the fastest sustained production loader.

Just for the heck of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNxXG73dv2c

Nice looking gun.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you empty the hopper, dump a pod in, then empty the hopper again in roughly eight seconds. That's <20bps. The audio file has a distinct echo. Once removed, I get a peak of 22bps and a sustained 18bps.

The echo makes it sound impressive.

#630 Snipez4664

Snipez4664

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

Posted Image

This post brought to you by: Lurker
Owner/Operator/Lead Engineer - Lurker Paintball
Check out our products at Lurker Paintball

#631 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,588 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:29 AM

like I said before - drop a name card and some chrono data in there and I'll consider it an entry.

#632 shooter311

shooter311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

http://www.youtube.c...ure=uploademail

This is my submission for the Mech Rt contest. I wish I could have gotten a longer string, but my lvl 10 doesn't reset fast enough, and I was out shooting the Rotor.

A huge thank-you to Squire (Justin) for shooting the video, and making me look fatter than I normally am.

Edited by shooter311, 19 August 2011 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

#633 squire

squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

making me look fatter than I normally am.

:tup: it makes me feel better :P lol

#634 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

I dont even have to check that one. What operating pressure were you running? If you have a normal length pin and were under 1100 psi I have you beat. The echo is going to make it a bit of a pain to check it though.

#635 shooter311

shooter311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

I dont even have to check that one. What operating pressure were you running? If you have a normal length pin and were under 1100 psi I have you beat. The echo is going to make it a bit of a pain to check it though.

I already gold waved it with Squire and I'm pretty sure I have you beat. I'm running under 1100psi due to low air, but there is a tuning trick I used to get the BPS up there. I can do faster, but we need to tinker with the hopper first.
Posted Image

#636 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

We shall see. Only way I can see you being faster is if you are running a shorter pin than I am, mines short but not quite e-mag short (so I get the lawn sprinkler if I use a quad oring, need to go shorter if I want to use that trick). Honestly I know you wont get the rotor faster than I can get the magna so I have no problem telling you how to make the gun shoot faster.

#637 squire

squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

Posted Image

#638 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

Tough to tell, the first one looks like a chuff. 28 or 29 I see. Looks like I need to get the tank filled and buy some new batteries for the magna. The gun has changed a bit though, can we add an extra category for fastest mech single frame?

#639 squire

squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

We are going to get this thing faster even if it means new hoppers ;)

#640 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

Just go buy a qloader and be done then.

#641 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

I thought loaders didn't have much to do with the speed of RT'd guns?

Fear is the mind-killer

#642 Leafy

Leafy

Uses the Man Pedal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

You can still only get the paint in so fast. I dont see myself getting over 32 with the magna.

#643 shooter311

shooter311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

I'm just excited that the overall fastest guns in this contest are more than a decade old. I'm gonna give the Mech category a shot next, think it is possible with a slide triggered 98 cocker?
Posted Image

#644 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:52 PM

im gonna see what meh angel can doo :)

#645 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

This is my submission for the Mech Rt contest. I wish I could have gotten a longer string, but my lvl 10 doesn't reset fast enough, and I was out shooting the Rotor.

A huge thank-you to Squire (Justin) for shooting the video, and making me look fatter than I normally am.

So you just rip and re-upload all of socialpaintball's videos? :dodgy:

#646 Trum_15

Trum_15

Uber Member

• Members
  • 8,327 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

you do know thats squires friend?

#647 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

You'll notice that Squire, who does youtube stuff for Social Paintball, did the filming.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 20 August 2011 - 12:25 AM.

Fear is the mind-killer

#648 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:23 AM

You'll notice that Squire, who is does youtube stuff for Social Paintball, did the filming.

Ah my bad, I thought it was a random guy. I feel stupid lol.

#649 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,635 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

Why hasnt someone with an Infinity Legend turned up yet? The cyclic rate of that is so fast that it would easily out shoot a RF'd Prophecy.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#650 shooter311

shooter311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

That is Squire's channel for our club. He posts them there for the submission to Social Paintball. He filmed this video and instead of me setting up a channel and everything he just posted it for me,.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users