Legend with a Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

1) Name, Age, Location
Joshua Smith, 28, Jackson New Jersey
2) Years of paintball experience
I started playing again last summer, and before that I played from 1998 to 2003 while in Highschool/College. So I'll say 6 years.
3) Are you familiar with IP Board
I'm very familiar with it as a user, but don't have any experience with it as a mod/admin. I've moderated other types of boards before, such as phpbb, so I'm fairly confident I could learn quickly.
4) What other message boards have you moderated, started, or assisted with
In the past I've messed around with a few message boards for some low-traffic sites that don't exist anymore. Nothing worth mentioning.
5) What sections would you like to help the TechPB community out with?
I like to help out in the Newbie area as well as Equipment Advice and BST. Mostly I'd like to see all threads stay civil and constructive, no matter what section they are in.
6) Have you ever worked at a paintball store, field, or within the industry?
Nope. I've pretty much had a full-time job since I've had a car. Always seemed that fields were never hiring when I was looking.
7) Have you played in any major events? Scenario Games, National Tournaments, etc?
I've played at two scenario games here in New Jersey, both at Top Gun and this year. Vengeance of Galarom, and The Alamo.
8) Any other forums you currently moderate at?
None.
9) Fill out an employment application, send us a copy of your valid drivers license and consent to background check.
Yes, I have a scanner so I can send over whatever documents you need.

A little more info: I currently work full-time as a Network Engineer for a VoIP Telephone company. My job pretty much means I'm in front of a computer from the time I wake up until I go to sleep. It also means I'm free to browse forums pretty much anytime I want to. I think TechPB has the highest quality of members of any other site I've come across in paintball, and I'd like to help keep it a fun and friendly place to discuss the sport I love.

Oh and I already help out with banner ads for the site. You may see some of my work floating around up top ^^

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Updated Age and city since I moved.

Edited by Legacy of Bob, 19 December 2010 - 12:33 AM.

#2 pirhana92

pirhana92

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:13 AM

I'll say yes because your name is Josh like mine xD

#3 kevodevil

kevodevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

VERY helpful in forums. See him help out lots of people with questions in Newbie Forums.

:tup:

#4 The_Highlander

The_Highlander

Screw your respawn time! I have money!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

+1
Posted Image
My Setup: Upped Ion XE, Pure Energy 68/3000 CF tank, Invert Halo Too, Dye i4 White/Gold
If your under 18 and you pay for your own gear put this in your sig
80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that stuck to METAL and rock, put this in your sig!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users