13 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

Just as a heads up, I'm going to send a recommendation that the USF Paintball Club / Team openly refuse to play the "Ground Pounders" that frequently play at Blitzkrieg.

I'll tell you with everything that I know, with 22+ years of paintball, that I've NEVER seen a paintball team openly cheat, wipe, and play on like the Ground Pounders.

Playing against them is a waste of time, and money. You will never win a game, they will always max your team, and after the game is over you'll see 2 or 3 of them wearing your paint.

The guys I play with are seasoned PSP Players. Every one of them has at least 2 years of experience playing in the PSP tournaments, with at least 10 tournaments under their belt. We know our shit, and we go to field to make friends with other teams, not enemies.

From my own observation (and I've got perfect 20/20 vision for the record), I have personally witnessed numerous occassions of players cheating. This weekend, while I was in S2, they sent a player to the X (he was wearing a black empire jersey with a silver x on it). He was posted on me, I poppet up and put 3 into his chest. He proceeded to look at the hit, then attempt a run through. The list goes on and on and on.

If you guys want to waste your time and money, playing against 5 robots who are going to ignore everything that makes paintball a game, be my guest. I saw them openly cheat and play on, while witnessing the games where the USF team played them this weekend. I saw one instance where Sherwin was in S2, and hit a player 3 times that was going from back center to the dorito side can. The player looked down, saw the hits, then slid into the dorito, wiped them off, then did a run through.

I've never seen a team be this openly blatent with the cheating. My recommendation is to simply refuse to play them, let them "max" another team with their cheating, then step on the board and play another team. It's not worth your time or money to play this team. I've observed this conduct for months and months, and it's only getting worse. Hope this helps

#2 SWAT3050

SWAT3050

TechPB MilSim Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

Yeah they are a bunch of cheats. Seems like they like to start fights after games as well.

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." -Napoleon-
Kickin Ass And Takin Names The American Way
"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln
Posted Image

#3 garrett.luksich

garrett.luksich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:41 PM

awesome. now i dont feel nearly as bad about this weekend.
on that note, awesome job sherwin, miles, matt miranda and to the new guy Jeremy
it does indeed suck to have to play against cheaters, but when we do go out and actually play in a tournament, there will be games when we get 5 G's off the break and are wondering where the f*ck everyone went cuz no one cheated.

we are a good team and have tons of potential, but our biggest problem is getting players to consistently come out to play. I admit that this semester we did schedule a ton of practices and it will deff be easier next semester so those of us that are strapped for cash can still play.
at this point im looking for players that want to play, get better, and have a ton of fun doing it. we aren't going to walk on a field and smash fools immediately, but there is potential for us to do just that
Garrett Luksich
President of USF Paintball

#4 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

Garrett it takes ALOT for me to openly call an entire team a bunch of cheaters, but we've played against some of the biggest cheater teams in this area, Palm Beach Vipers, CFP Factory D2 (the xball squad from two years ago), and a few teams from Miami who's names I can't think of at the moment, and Groundpounders right now rank higher than all of them in regards to the blatent, over the top level of cheating.

They'll be the first to tell you "We had 4 bodies up at the end, so you guys wouldn't have won anyways". Well no shit! When one guy gets hit, then does a run through with 5 hits on him and takes out 3 of your players, of course you're going to be up bodies.

I'm tired of the excuses after the game is over, and most of them are wearing your paint in multiple locations - "I didn't feel it", "The ref didn't see it", "That's rub", "That's old", "Wait, I saw you cheat the game before"

The problem is a combination of "Well there is a ref on the field, if the ref doesn't see it than I'm not out", combined with them being the "field team".

Playing a shitty team like the Groundpounders is not going to make you better. You are only going to get frustrated, and you are either going to get into a fight with them (which they are certainly looking for), or you are going to start cheating like they are.

Here is what you do - if you see anyone on the other side with a Groundpounders Jersey, step off the ready line and let someone else get max'd by a team with players who have multiple fresh hits on them. One thing about constantly cheating every single weekend, is that they get good at arguing and making up excuses. You guys saw us hitting them and them cheating, and when we saw the USF team hitting them with paint and them cheating.

Absolutely refuse to play them, you're better off just opening up your pods and dumping your paint on the ground. It's a waste of time and money to play an unethical team like that.

Also notice how this conduct has affected Blitzkrieg's business. How many other XBall teams come out to that field to practice? In the past 3 or 4 months, I've seen-

Groundpounders
Rendition
USF

I wonder why? Hmmmmm

#5 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

Well that sucks....I hate teams that cheat. I played a local tournament last summer and everyone was cheating on the opposing team. Bring it up to the refs I guess. Thanks for the post Mike
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#6 PBMatt

PBMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

Regardless as to what they were or were not doing, I wouldn't put it past some of their players to play on unless called out on it. I feel this is the wrong way to handle the situation. Has anyone spoken to Andrew about it? Or their team captain? I think a lot of the tension lies between Mikes line and the GP line. Most of the playing on I saw came from that guest team that was there. Did anyone know specific times anyone played on vs USF? I know we didn't win a lot of games but I think we are still learning a lot by playing any of the teams out there and we are definitely looking stronger as a team.

That said USF should have plenty of bodies and their is no reason we can not hop on and show the field that is giving us so much support some love and give them a couple of extra refs. The experience only helps us become better ballers and learn the fields quicker. We can even look at it as an opportunity to trains some USF club members to be refs for local events. Instead of bitching about a problem lets do something to fix it.

Furthermore SET THE EXAMPLE, I hope to not catch any of the USF guys playing on or wiping hits. There will be consequences for unethical players. As for the Wiping, that will end up hurting the teams that do it, so let them pay for it when the time comes. Shit if they are playing with 7 lives and you win, what does that say about you?

R.I.P Jeffrey Kocab

CFP D3X / USF Paintball - Go Bulls!

Central Florida Paintball - Best tournament field / series in FL!

Blitzkrieg Paintball - Where the Bulls Play!

F**K BP

#7 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

^^^ the only friction my guys have are with players who cheat. The Groundpounders cheat, so we have a problem with them.

I saw them cheat against the USF squads, and I saw them cheat against my squad, and I saw them cheat against me first hand.

Perfect example - I was in S2, they had a player at the X. He was posted. I snapped up, hit him twice in the chest. When I looked up again, he was trying to do a runthrough with blue paint all over his chest!

I saw one of the Groundpounders who was in back center, run to the dorito side can and take 3 breaks from Sherwin who was in S2. Sherwin completely lit him up while he was running. He got to his prop, saw the hits, and ran up and bunkered the two USF Players. He was also hit while running before he crossed the 50, yet continued to play on.

I haven't seen the USF Squad win a single game against them. Every single time the USF squads have played against them, all 5 of the USF players were shot out. And then you see them wiping paint off themselves in the pits.

You want to waste the paint shooting against opponents who will never respect your hits? That's your nickel, not mine.

#8 Tulost

Tulost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

Sounds like this could cause Blitz to lose some business if you ask me. I personally was looking forward to coming out there one sunday and getting some walk-on action in speedball due to CFP being too far for me and Orbital isn't there for speedball. But if these people even do this on a team, I couldn't imagine what the walk-on games would be like.

#9 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

The walk on and rec play is good there. The GroundPounders are reffing and not playing. Since it is Cup they are playing and not reffing and take advantage of the fact they have no refs. So if you are planning on coming before Cup, n ot a good call. They are really only allowing a set 5 come on. They are doing more team type practice. I get out there at times and play with anyone I can find to make a 5 man line.

#10 Tulost

Tulost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

well I still might come out. Just would rather not go against someone who i'm going to end up peppering and just scoot up next to a bunker, rub and take off down field...

#11 iTz Opie

iTz Opie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:35 AM

I thought this was all common knowledge??? Andrew is a great guy, but the attitude of most of his players make it a easy choice for me to drive the extra half hour to CFP.

FIERCE

#12 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

I thought this was all common knowledge??? Andrew is a great guy, but the attitude of most of his players make it a easy choice for me to drive the extra half hour to CFP.

I guess it's one of those things you just have to find out on your own. We try to go into every situation with an open mind, and week after week after week of having the same problems with the same players, we just said "Enough already" and are going to go back to CFP for our scrimmages.

It's just an over the top, blatant disrespect to the other teams. I've never in my recent memory, can remember seeing a team as unprofessional on the field as these guys are. If you want to practice cheating, do it against your own squad or try your luck at a tournament. Don't do it against a FIELD TEAM, against paying customers during scrimmages.

But hey, when you are training for Division 4, I guess things can get a bit heated lol

#13 PBMatt

PBMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

This thread is really getting us no where and if anything hurting some of the relationships we have worked to achieve. The issue has been discussed and addressed. Please end this topic

R.I.P Jeffrey Kocab

CFP D3X / USF Paintball - Go Bulls!

Central Florida Paintball - Best tournament field / series in FL!

Blitzkrieg Paintball - Where the Bulls Play!

F**K BP

#14 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

This thread is really getting us no where and if anything hurting some of the relationships we have worked to achieve. The issue has been discussed and addressed. Please end this topic

whoa, Groundpounders have ZERO say in ANYTHING that is related to the USF club. And we didn't work hard to have a relationship with them, they worked hard to burn the relationship with the USF club.

two weekends ago, I saw Sherwin in S2 absolutely stitch up their back center as he filled dorito corner. Sherwin saw it, I saw it, the whole sideline saw it. What did the Groundpounder player do? He did a runthrough and shot out 3 USF players point blank, with 5 bright green hits on his right side and pack.

Our relationship with a cheating, unprofessional Division 4 (yes, DIVISION 4) team has NOTHING to do with our sponsorships, discounts, or relationships.

the worst thing you can do is ignore the problem, not address it, and watch your own teammates and club members get their heads taken off by players who were legitimately shot out. That causes frustration, fights, and people who are part of the club to not come back.

Also, ignoring it hurts the business of one of our sponsors, Blitzkrieg. Ever wonder why so many teams drive 45 minutes PAST Blitzkrieg to CFP? We're not the only team to have a problem with GP, practically every team that goes out there complains about it. They don't complain about the other teams out there, but they complain about GP.

Silence is acceptance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users