17 replies to this topic

#1 obsidianjeff

obsidianjeff

hello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:05 PM

hello, so i just bought an angel LCD, and after opening the grips i find its been ghetto-ified... the seller said he put a new board in it, didn't know that meant cut wires short and connect other wires with electrical tape, but i don't have a reg for it yet (its in the mail) and i'm not sure if there's going to be a problem or not, i'm just wondering if any of you have advice and fixes for common problems.

The seller said it had a bushmaster board in it, not sure what that means, but theres a 9v harness that i plugged a 9v into, and when i flipper the on switch nothing happened, not sure if anything was supposed to happen, but i was expecting at least a light or something to come on. also I don't see a way to adjust any sort of firing mode, no i'm not sure what to do there.

also one of the grip screws is stripped, i know an easy thing to do is just super glue the wrench on and then unscrew it, but i'm wondering where i would be able to get a replacement screw(s)

its also been drilled for eyes, but i have no idea what eyes would work or what.

I just bought a redz clamping feedneck on ebay, hopefully that will work.

I have never owned an angel before, and know pretty much nothing about any other angels, the reason I bought this was because I remembered seeing Cockerpunk's video about them on youtube when i found this on the nation, and I didn't want it to fall into the hands of an agglett.

thanks for your time, any help is greatly appreciated

here's some pictures of the wiring and stuff...
Posted Image

heres a better look at the board, notice the chopped off yellow wires coming off the top, not sure if thats bad or not though Posted Image

from the top, don't think anythings wrong here, if you see something say so
Posted Image

and into the back with the backplate screwed off
Posted Image

Edited by obsidianjeff, 27 September 2010 - 09:21 PM.

#2 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:21 AM

does the noid click when you have the battery hooked up and turned on?

replacment screws can be found at the hardware store. just bring the frame in and start mixing and matching.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#3 obsidianjeff

obsidianjeff

hello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:34 AM

there is noid clickage, and now i know which direction is ON for the switch.

is there any place that sells old parts for this gun, or do i have to just keep an eye out for upgrades?

#4 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:37 AM

ummm... wow

dood I think the best you can do is pray for the Tadao Angel LCD Board like the rest of us

#5 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,111 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

fixmyangel.com is probably the best place to look for parts and upgrades.

B2K boards are supposed to have an set of leads to an LED, but it seems yours doesn't. thats fine i guess as long as you don't leave it on for days on end. its good that is working though.

i would assume since its a B2K board that it uses ICD eyes, no idea where you can get them these days, i'd try ICDowners.com or PM spitlebug hes an old ICD guy.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

#6 obsidianjeff

obsidianjeff

hello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

ummm... wowdood I think the best you can do is pray for the Tadao Angel LCD Board like the rest of us

any ballpark for when this might possibly come out or are we just waiting and hoping?

fixmyangel.com is probably the best place to look for parts and upgrades. B2K boards are supposed to have an set of leads to an LED, but it seems yours doesn't. thats fine i guess as long as you don't leave it on for days on end. its good that is working though. i would assume since its a B2K board that it uses ICD eyes, no idea where you can get them these days, i'd try ICDowners.com or PM spitlebug hes an old ICD guy.

yeah fixmyangel.com looks like a pretty good place for parts, thanks.

is there a board that is out now that I should be looking for that you guys recommend?

#7 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,111 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:59 AM

i'd keep the one you have. the lucky board is trash, and expensive.

if you can find the manual for the board you have, you can find the wiring and software diagrams which would be helpful in getting your gun setup.

#8 Spitlebug

Spitlebug

Canadian Cross Dressing, Bull ball Toucher.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

That indeed is a Bushmaster Board. That is the stock 9300 board (cut down some to save space) from B2K4's and 2004 BKO's. It was a common retrofit to put Vaporworks Bushmaster Chaos boards into Angels and WarpedMephisto (moderator on PbNation) used to do a lot of retrofits this way. My guess is that this thing originally had the Bushmaster harness in there to replace the battery constraints of the old Angels. Your harness is all chewed up though.

Some of those harness connectors have a block out on the connector so you can't accidentally reverse the connector on the header. Check to make sure if it does or does not have that block out. If it doesn't have the block out, reverse the connector and try again.

Here are the stock wiring harness diagrams with eyes on Bushmaster boards.

Eyes (PDS as ICD called it):
Posted Image

ICD Factory Drawing for Wiring Harnesses:
PDS Wiring Harness

Just ignore all the eye stuff if you don't want to run eyes.

So tempted to suspend Kitty just so I can say I have....
Okay, fuck it....I just banned Kitty, that's going in the sig.

Administrator - ICD Owner's Group

Posted Image

#9 obsidianjeff

obsidianjeff

hello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

awesome! I think i'm gonna put an LED into it, i looked up the led they say and its a 2.1 volt, any 2.1 volt led should work then right?

#10 Spitlebug

Spitlebug

Canadian Cross Dressing, Bull ball Toucher.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

I think they are actually 5v LEDs. You can just turn on the board and use a multimeter to measure the voltage provided by the two leads as the LED stays on until the trigger is pulled.

The T-1-3/4 is a size format for LEDs.

*Edit* No you can use 2.1v LEDs just fine.

Edited by Spitlebug, 28 September 2010 - 04:41 PM.

So tempted to suspend Kitty just so I can say I have....
Okay, fuck it....I just banned Kitty, that's going in the sig.

Administrator - ICD Owner's Group

Posted Image

#11 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,111 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

LEDs technically overvolt at 5, they are diodes which require about .9 to 1 volt to light up. they are nonlinear devices, unlike resistors.

Edited by cockerpunk, 28 September 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#12 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

Damn i think an agglet already got a hold of that thing. I hope you leave negative feedback for that guy unless that ghetto board rig was noted.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#13 obsidianjeff

obsidianjeff

hello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

well he closed the one on pbnation, heres a different listing he made http://www.angel-own...ead.php?t=77110

he did say there was a bushmaster board in it, he didn't say how ghetto it was, but i think i'd rather have this than the stock board and a battery that didn't work because this runs on 9volts

#14 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,111 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

no, i think i know the exact gun he bought. it was on MCB after the guy fitted it with eyes, and it shot really well in the youtube videos. seems he stripped the eyes out before selling.

#15 obsidianjeff

obsidianjeff

hello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

from the pbnation thread, one person put up the video of either this gun or one that looked reeeeaaallly similar,
then the seller posted "I didnt take a video of it, but it may have been then guy I got it from in a trade, I dont know if it works, when I got it in a trade I was told it worked, but I never got around to checking it out"

#16 obsidianjeff

obsidianjeff

hello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

so question, will a normal cp reg work on this? if so, do i have to turn it way down to work with the lower pressure? and is there already an LPR on this? if there is, where? and how do i adjust it?

#17 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,111 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

acutally the opposite, these old angels are rather high pressure guns. yes, they have an lpr. they run 400ish psi.

#18 obsidianjeff

obsidianjeff

hello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

update: It now shoots consistently using a cp reg, it just has some ball choppage problems, so as per Cockerpunk's advice i'll be picking up a soft face bolt, here , but according to them they're out of stock. will they get more or am I S.O.L. ?

also, are the barrel threads "old angel" threads or normal angel threads, because I want to get a freak back for it and I need to know.
old angel freak back normal angel freak back

also I'm pretty sure this is my gun with the owner before the guy I bought it from
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-6Td8whuo&feature=related

Edited by obsidianjeff, 20 October 2010 - 05:45 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users