• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 major-gray

major-gray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:04 PM

Hey I've been paintballing about 5 or 6 times and I have an Ion with a stock board. I was just wondering what I should have the Dwell set to for the best speed. I always keep it on semi auto. Thanks.

#2 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:12 PM

Pressurize your Ion at whatever input pressure you wish to use. We suggest between 150-180 psi, depending on the internals. The following steps involve you dry-firing the marker (firing it without paint).

Lower the dwell setting to the minimum (or an extremely low setting, such as 5 blinks with the stock board, or 8 milliseconds with an aftermarket board).

Gradually increase dwell until the marker begins to fully cycle. When the marker has trouble cycling, the sound of the bolt firing will be muffled and sound erratic, denoting inconsistencies. When you reach the point where it fully cycles, the marker will make a loud POP for each shot you take, with minimal sound difference between the shots.

Once the Ion is fully cycling, increase the dwell another 4-6 blinks (2-3 milliseconds with aftermarket board), and that will be your dwell setting.

^ that is the way to set your ions dwell for optimal performance. but if your ion is stock just run with the stock dwell.

#3 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:50 AM

the stock dwell is 42 blinks i think some one back me up on this it has been a while sience iv played with a stock board
Ironmen Timmy for sale
http://www.techpb.co...9

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users