79 replies to this topic

#51 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

The Celtic Warrior who BBQ'd your village

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:24 PM

there are more assholes in this sport than ever, this video disappointed me more than anything other, the pump player gets angry because the beginner is trigger happy, that's just paintball, don't shoot a 12 year old in the balls for it

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpQCxkwBp6I&p=4FBB02984B87C372&playnext=1&index=14"]http://www.youtube.c...next=1&index=14[/url]

i think we found paint balls Dutche bag of the decade?
Current Set up SP1 with a Ninja 90/45 and Velocity And always rocking a Nerf sword
back Up A5 72/30 Pure energy JJ custom barrel

We Killed Humans FOR WE ARE BORG!!!!! RIP In the great PB field in the sky man YOU will BE MISSED!!

Posted Image

#52 SouthernStyle

SouthernStyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

yesterday me and my friends went to our local field CPX sports in Joliet IL, while in a game a kid that was with us bunkered and bonus balled a little kid so bad that he started balling his eyes out. my other friend proceeded to take the kid and walk him off the field because he was taking pictures. then later on after that game, the kid was bragging about bunkering the little kid. and i overheard the little kid say mom i never want to do this again.

I was so angry at that kid its not even funny. now that little kids going to go tell people about how terrible paintballing is and how mean they were. it was a total loss for the paintball community, and it makes me so mad that people will just do that to a little kid and think nothing of it, the brag about it.

I would have knocked the fucker out.

Feed back
------>>>>> http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=118414

CHICKEN IN THE COOP ! WHAT?!

#53 Blarg

Blarg

"\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

I hate those sorts of people, why did that kid even come if he was just going to go ahead and give the sport a bad name? A bit of a self contradiction if you ask me. I hate it when there are assholes, but it's far worse when it's an asshole who doesn't think through what they're doing!
Ah well, make up for one loss by gaining two. We really should be advertising paintball as a genuine sport rather than an activity and enforcing things like this much stronger, like suspending players like that mean kid from the field or even permenent bans from fields for serious stuff. Maybe it's a little harsh, but seriously!
I hope the poor kid is okay and rethinks coming back, maybe if he'd brought friends it could've gone better.
Posted Image

#54 Iain

Iain

Braveheart Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

That pump guy is probebly the biggest douche EVER. I mean why it was probebly his first time and he probebly just paniced and shot him a bit to much.
Posted Image
Note to future self: Harry owes you 1 pods of paint and 5

#55 shadowthread

shadowthread

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

i never bunker someone unless i know them personally . if i cant confirm who it is then i dont even think about it .

i agree this sort of action should be grounds for being banned. young kids are the only future for this sport . im out there every weekend playing taking someone new with me , introducing them to the sport . now im not doing this so some shithead can just destroy all my hard work. we all need to pull together and really let crackdown on these types of people . and dont say if they cant take the pain then they shouldnt be playing.

That is just a STUPID statement. there is no reason why we players cant take it easy on new players. paintball is supposed to be a fun game . lets try to make it fun for everyone.

#56 TeNSioN

TeNSioN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

if i was there i would of first help out the kid second i would jump the cock sucker that did that. i dont support unfair fights but the bonusballer would deserve that.

TeNSioN

#57 sparky1

sparky1

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

Ive been bonus balled quite a bit at my field, mostly accidents, but almost everyone at my field is pretty good about not bonus balling people.

though there have been instances where people have gone and got shot and then run up to the player that shot them and open fired on them even though they were out.

mostly it was the new players doing that, but i honestly though it was dumb when the new guy got shot and then he instantly got up and rushed towards the other guy while he was getting shot at

Edited by sparky1, 30 November 2010 - 07:28 PM.

#58 YingyYoMofo

YingyYoMofo

Pretty Fly For A White Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

And he COULD have been the next Ollie Lang..

#59 Big Walt

Big Walt

Ow Now Brown Cow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:25 AM

happens every weekend bro

there is more people quitting than coming in, and we're (the current players) are 100% to blame for it

We don't protect them, nor do we retaliate against those who do stuff like this.

Unfortunately this is true, its a well known fact that paintballers are dicks. Now this may seem harsh, but that kid isn't but a blip on the radar of paintball. Now, don't go off saying "Oh well your a dick", but it happens every weekend, I see kids get shot up, they get pissed they cry. If they can't take it they can't be playing. I saw this little kid who was aggressive as fuck, making it to their 30 off the break. It was one and one and they were searching for each other and the little kid found the other old dued and yelled surrender and the old guy turns and shoots the kid point blank in the stomach. You know what the kid did? He fell to the ground, almost crying. Seconds later the kid gets up and says "Nice shot". Now THAT'S a kid that can play, if your kid/friends kid isn't mature enough to do that then he can't play.

No, kids shouldn't have to be the toughest shit on earth to play the sport of paintball. There is no reason for bonus balling someone else they are clearly cheating, or bonus balled someone else. If a young buck gets lit up and starts cry, it's not unexpected, and doesn't mean he isn't fit to play paintball. If you think something is going to hurt, it's going to hurt x10 more than it really does. If a young buck gets hit ONCE, he might say yea that hurt but it wasn't as bad as I expected. If a little kid gets hit 10 times, and feels pain everywhere, x100 more pain than a normal shot, yea he's going to cry and never want to play again. And if you're a true player, you should NEVER think of bonus balling a little kid. The second they fell anything hit them, they're going to call themselves out. Bounce or break, they'll call themselves out just from being jittery and a little scared. There's no need for that.

Edited by Big Walt, 04 December 2010 - 01:28 AM.

i dont shoot them, i greet them in the nude and invite them into my house to talk about jesus.

Feedback 1/0/0

Ball out til you fall out

#60 Rival

Rival

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

there are more assholes in this sport than ever, this video disappointed me more than anything other, the pump player gets angry because the beginner is trigger happy, that's just paintball, don't shoot a 12 year old in the balls for it

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpQCxkwBp6I&p=4FBB02984B87C372&playnext=1&index=14"]http://www.youtube.c...next=1&index=14[/url]

The guy is a dick. He should of just told the kid how surrendering works, instead he shot him. Dick move.

But to the OP, yeah, kids - american kids especially - can be litte shits. He should ofd been reprimanded by a ref.
"When life hands you a lemon.... you say fuck the lemon and bail"

#61 lourens00000

lourens00000

The STIG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

at my field
every week there is 5 year olds
the manager locked me and 5 other friends in the speedball field without a gun then a litle kid came in with a spider and started chasing us
it was fun because he was 4
totaly underestamated him
next thing i sa w was him i was crouching when i took of i slipped and fell
hestood ontop of me and shot me til his hopper was empty
when i walked out his grandma screamed dont let him ou ftw!!!!!!

stil was fun

Edited by lourens00000, 22 December 2011 - 02:52 PM.

AXE,ETEK3,TM15,RAIL+Rotor+Z2+Crossfire68/4500+Events

Posted Image

#62 Symptomz

Symptomz

Party.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:26 AM

Umm... what?

Ok I failed, nvm I thought the comment above mine was the first one

#63 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,932 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

huh?

#64 Symptomz

Symptomz

Party.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

huh?

I'm on my phone and thought that the comment above mine was the first one. I was like "how does this relate to the title?" Then I found out... well... that it wasn't...

#65 SpaceMan

SpaceMan

SpaceMan is Unstoppable

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

Last weekend at my local field a rental shot a girl 9 times... She started crying and threw the marker. I ran over to see what was happening (I was reffing) He said she should of stuck her gun up. The owner of the field talked to the guy who did it. He isn't loud to come back bc it was intinal, and the girl was aloud to come back for free and play of she wanted to. I can't believe how some people are

#66 joe32

joe32

So much stuff for sale someone save me

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

Im local to cpx.. if you told even one of the reffs they woulda made the kid taking the pictures cry. No joke

RIP Danijel Jagodic,AKA BORG.

CHEAP Loaders Cheap Empire Axe Azodin KP FEEDBACK +idk, maybe 7

If you saw both PC Nation Fighting Threads put this in your sig

#67 pink panda

pink panda

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

PEOPLE WHO BONUS BALL NEW PLAYERS,BUNKER THEM DEAD!!!
Posted Image

#68 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:09 AM

God I hate to see shit like this ANYWHERE. It ruins the good name of paintballing.

At my local field I always try and get the rentals in on the action, just by asking where they want to go and what they want to do. A lot of em like to sit in the back just chilling and defending, which is cool, but a few of em like to move up on the field. It's a more positive experience when you offer to provide "covering fire" as they move up, and vice versa.

However the refs at my local field do implement a "10 foot surrender" ring, where if someone runs up on you, and you dont see them, you are automatically dead, and anyone who violates that rule and shoots/bonus balls someone, has to sit the next game out. Simple consequence.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#69 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

I hate some people at CPX like those kids who thier moms drop them off with egos and 500 to spend on paint. And then all that they do is shoot the shit out of everyone the whole day when I am playing on one bag and beating the freaking brats!!!!
I am HOAGIESON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#70 paintballmasta

paintballmasta

Junior Member cuz i got 3 stars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, I see that all the time, This regular just was 10 feet from this rental kid and just wailed on his neck. I saw the kid again in speedball i was playing snake and I had a wide open shot at him took a shot and I hit his bounce vest because i could have lit him up i just wanted to get his attention that i didn't want to light him up.
Current Setup: Ego 11, Empire Prophecy, Ninja 68/4500

BACKUP LOADERS RULE!

#71 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

This is paintball. You get shot in paintball.

Just because you're renting a gun and its your first time doesn't negate that fact in any way.

Coming onto a paintball field and not expecting to get shot is like taking a job in a kitchen, and then getting squeamish when you find out you have to touch raw food.

Yes, it sucks when you're new and get shot up by a more experienced player. However, this is what separates the people who will eventually fall in love with the sport from the people who are one-time renters. Kids who get shot up and can suck it up and keep playing are the kids who will keep coming back. The others? They'll be gone after their first time anyway.

Stop babying the renters. Show them what the game is really like, and let them make their own decision. I guarantee you that more of them will keep coming back than you think. I got shot up and bunkered my first time renting, but i still came back and now I own all my own gear and play every week,

This whole attitude of "OH NOE, THE POOR CHILDREN!!!1!" is part of a larger problem with North America. Kids are babied and pampered and sheltered from any sort of pain or hardship or disappointment until they think they're little princes and princesses, and it needs to stop. Kids need to fail and get their asses kicked in order to learn life lessons that will help them later in life. I blame the parents.

Edited by SNAKESNIPER, 03 January 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#72 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

If a parent wants their kid to learn how to ski, they'll put them in ski school on the bunny hill, not toss them down a double black diamond slope. If someone wants to learn karate, they'll get into a class with other white belts, not a class with black belts. Unfortunately, there really isn't any "paintball school" or boot camp.

One thing I've always liked about the paintball community in general is the fact that so many of the experienced and competent players take on a mentoring role, at least that's what it's like where I've played. I also strongly believe that it's that attitude that really helps promote and grow the sport (speedball, woodsball, whatever). In paintball, you are going to get hit, and it's probably going to hurt a little. You can't get away from that, just like you can't avoid getting punched in boxing. But, treating beginners and walk-ons the same way you would treat regulars at your field, lighting them up because you can and thinking you're showing them what "real" paintball is like is kind of selfish. I'm not saying don't shoot them, nor do I think they should get a free pass if they cheat or break the rules (even out of ignorance). I've lit renters up after getting bonus balled, but I always make sure everyone knows; you get 1 free one, because I'll assume you didn't know. I'll educate you, and then let you operate on your own recognizance. Do it again, and I'll assume it's intentional and act accordingly.

Kids are coddled more today than when I was a kid (when dinosaurs walked the Earth). Teaching someone isn't coddling, and trust me, you don't look like a superstar by beating up on someone less knowledgeable or skilled than you.

My $0.02.
Paintballs bounce off me like raisins off an Oldsmobile...
My Feedback
Lapco BigShot Assault A5 14"

#73 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

We had a little kid run up the the 50 center off break.... I just one balled him. No need to bunker back center out. Rentals usually jump out of their bunkers James Bond style. Just snap out and send a ball over there.

#74 epikfailpaintball

epikfailpaintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

I would have said something to the jack**s

#75 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

happens every weekend bro

there is more people quitting than coming in, and we're (the current players) are 100% to blame for it

We don't protect them, nor do we retaliate against those who do stuff like this.

My field does. The refs and regs (like me) don't put up with stupid uncalled for shit like that. My field is pretty lax and doesn't have many rules but common sense is number 1.
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#76 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

at my field, paintball isn't dying, its expanding :D...is it worse in other areas?

#77 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

at my field, paintball isn't dying, its expanding :D...is it worse in other areas?

in most places it is getting worse or kinda stagnant (no new people or places or events)
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#78 250 cal pntball

250 cal pntball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I saw somebody endlessly bunkering a kid on his first day and he knew that he just wanted to be a dick and i was playing pump ( he wasnt ) so there wasnt alot i could do, but THANKS TO MIKE FROM TECHPB he reminded me to always bring a sleeper and i got it out and lit that asshole up the rest of the day and saved that kids paintball career and taught the other dick guy to stop being an asshole and ruining the sport

I play anything.

My setup ~ Dangerous Power Revi with a Techt bolt, 68 4500 empire tank, Dye Rotor, Dye I4s with amber and mirror lense, valken redemption pants, Empire 2012 Contact Jersey, Nike Cleats

#79 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

I saw somebody endlessly bunkering a kid on his first day and he knew that he just wanted to be a dick and i was playing pump ( he wasnt ) so there wasnt alot i could do, but THANKS TO MIKE FROM TECHPB he reminded me to always bring a sleeper and i got it out and lit that asshole up the rest of the day and saved that kids paintball career and taught the other dick guy to stop being an asshole and ruining the sport

BOOM FUCKING HEAAAAAAAAADSHOT.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#80 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

way to necro a year old thread....
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users