• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 elite

elite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

My karnivor reg is leaking from the vent hole it still works but its a constant and noticeable leak even with my mask on. Could anyone give me ideas on what would fix it?

#2 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

What vent hole? Do you mean the bottom out the adjustment nut? You will probably have to take it apart and replace the piston oring. If not a new coat of grease might help seal it.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#3 elite

elite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

Theres a small hole on the side it looks like a vent hole. The adjustment nut was leaking but i fixed it

#4 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

Theres a small hole on the side it looks like a vent hole. The adjustment nut was leaking but i fixed it

Then its probably an oring on the piston or somewhere in the reg. If you already did that it might be your reg seat.

edit: but put a few drops of oil in the asa, air it up and shoot about 20 times it might stop the leak.

Edited by TheGuy, 07 October 2010 - 06:20 PM.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#5 elite

elite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:21 PM

Alright so how would i go about fixing it? if you want i could upload a picture showing

#6 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

Alright so how would i go about fixing it? if you want i could upload a picture showing

Well before you tear it apart put a few drops of oil in the asa then screw in the tank and dry fire about 20 times. The oil getting pushed through the gun may fix the leak. If not unscrew the reg from the body then remove the retaining clip on the bottom with needle nose pliers. Unscrew the adjustment nut and remove the brass piece and change the oring and put on a coat of oil or grease. Reassemble and you should be good.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#7 elite

elite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

Retaining clip? Not so sure i follow, what size is the oring on the piston? Its looks like its been stretched. What type of oil? Sorry about all the questions im fairly new to maintenance on regulators

#8 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

Retaining clip? Not so sure i follow, what size is the oring on the piston? Its looks like its been stretched. What type of oil? Sorry about all the questions im fairly new to maintenance on regulators

There should be a little circle thing with two holes by where it seperates. If you see it you will know. And if it looks stretched out replace it. I dont know the exact size just use one that fits. And for oil any 100% silicon oil or paintball gun oil. No firearm oil or 3 in 1.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#9 elite

elite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

Alright Im getting a new oring tomorrow just to be safe. Do i have to pull apart the reg to see the retaining clip? Im working on seperating it.

#10 mjohns

mjohns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:17 AM

Alright Im getting a new oring tomorrow just to be safe. Do i have to pull apart the reg to see the retaining clip? Im working on seperating it.

See below, black magic and karnivor are internally the same.

What I do to get the top "half" off is get a vice but with wood 2x4's in between the jaws then clamp the threaded part that screws into your gun in between the wood and either strap wrench the bottom half off or if your lucky you can get it off with your hands. Also if you are leaking out of the bottom you need to replace the o ring on the brass part that comes out when you remove the retaining clip and remove the allen screw that adjust the pressure. and as for the leak out of the vent hole you need to replace the oring on the piston.

Edited by mjohns, 07 November 2010 - 07:25 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users