• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Capt. Kirk

Capt. Kirk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:06 PM

Why do you like yours? where can i get one for cheap?

yeah... the captain plays too : )

#2 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,668 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

I dont own one but I like them because they can run either mechanical or electronic, its AGD, quality, sexy, shoot amazing and also tend to be a rare find at the field these days. The are a bit on the heavy side but if you cant lift it you need to hit the gym ;) ...

You can find them on mcb, automag.org, ebay, and sometimes you can find them on other forums. You will not find them new in a store but if you do let me know ;) . Agd is one of my fav brands and will be for my entire life...

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#3 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,112 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

i have owned or shot just about every type of electro out there.

and the emag is IMO the best one i have ever had the pleasure of shooting. it currently holds the record for the longest running electro i have ever owned, about a year now.

i traded an AKA excal for mine.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#4 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,588 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

Why do you like yours? where can i get one for cheap?

first part - I don't own one - but I've shot them - sexy as hell and fantastic performers.

As to the second part - nowhere, they're too cool and too rare. You see them once in a while on craigslist for far under market value - but they're going to cost you to get in your grubby little hands.

#5 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:12 PM

I had an E-Mag for a while, but the battery and/or charger didn't work, so I didn't have an E mode on it... it still shot great though. I just realized that I didn't have the money to fix the electronics issues with it at the time, and really it was just a lighter version of the Mag I already had in the meantime, so I returned it back to the seller at my own cost and he refunded my money. I really wanted to keep it but I didn't think it was worth me keeping at that time because I wouldn't have had the money to get it a new battery/charger for a while, and I also needed a new feedneck because my Magna just would not stay in that feedneck the E-Mag came with... I think it was a CCM No-Pro or something. Pretty much it just couldn't hold on to my loader because there was so little surface area where it contacted the neck of my loader.

Anyway if you're looking for ANY Automag, the best place is definitely Automags.org, closely followed by MCarterBrown (anything you find on MCB is probably on AO too, though). Just be patient and as soon as you see a good deal, jump on it! E-Mags tend to sell very, very fast. I paid $640 for mine with a gloss black ULE body, original E-Mag rail, an RT Pro valve (with ULT on/off but no shims for tuning it, as well as a Level 10 bolt with a few shims and carriers), non-ULE lowers with AGD 3.2, that CCM or whatever feedneck, a Mini stock barrel, and a standard AGD battery pack and charger block with a random wall charger.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
06 Cyborg, Grey Ghost 2006, PM8, Classic Automag
Proto Matrix Owners Group

#6 Capt. Kirk

Capt. Kirk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

Damn.... i just looked at the air fun designs europe chapter and they sell E-mags for 750 pounds.... and that is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more than i want to spend. i could buy a vice for that. I wish i could get the soul and performance of an E-mag for a resonable price.....

everyone with E-mags should post a picture of their E-mag with a list of everything special about thies....

except for gordon, i watched your video so you don't half to even though i'd love to take a second look at it.

#7 Capt. Kirk

Capt. Kirk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

i have owned or shot just about every type of electro out there.

and the emag is IMO the best one i have ever had the pleasure of shooting. it currently holds the record for the longest running electro i have ever owned, about a year now.

i traded an AKA excal for mine.

how did you trade an excal for an emag!?!?!

you either scamed him or the guy you traded was a complete moron. thats a great deal

#8 druid

druid

Yes, that's me in the Avatar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:35 PM

Emags aren't cheap. First, you have the EMag valve or an X-Valve.....which are expensive to begin with and then the EMag lowers (rail, down) which can run about $250-400 USD by themselves.

They aren't cheap by any means.....even buying a HyperFrame can rock you some bucks. I was lucky....got my Hyper cheap....

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Posted Image

Ion Owner #12

#9 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:02 AM

E-mags are fantastic!

The single greatest feature is probably the selctor switch on them so you can shoot mechanical, electronic, or a "Hybrid" of both.

Because of the valve it is a RT marker, so in mech you can find a sweetspot on the trigger and shoot off the bounce.

They are a bit heavy but as long as you don't have noodle arms you will hold it fine. Besides, the only true way to run an E-mag is with a Warp Feed and that adds about a pound ^_^

ULE bodies will cut the weight a lot but the huge battery pack is what makes them heavy.

As far as getting one, AO or MCB will get you the best quality and Ebay will probably get you the best price but finding the balance is key.
One on Ebay just sold for under $300, but I'm sure it needed some work and it didn't come with a charger.

I plan on getting some E-mag lowers to put on my Micromag body, once it is machined and sent out :D
E-mag lowers can be found between $150 and $300 depending on quality, software, milling, grips, and battery/charger. If you can find a cheap valve, rail, and mainbody you can usually build one fo around $500.

Tippmann Tech
Everything Rob "Tyger" Rubin
Alaska's Coolest Paintball Webcomic!

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

#10 Greyknight

Greyknight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

I love my emag, it is definitally the best gun I have ever had the pleasure of owning/shooting. I actualy sent out my lowers to be annoed along with the emicro body I ordered. Here are some pics of it before I sent out my lowers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I cant wait to play with it once I get everything back. :tup:
Learning without thought is labor lost, thought without learning is powerless...

Posted Image

#11 Watcher

Watcher

AKA CavDragoneb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

HELL YEAH!

We have to rock Micros, like, the day we get them.

Tippmann Tech
Everything Rob "Tyger" Rubin
Alaska's Coolest Paintball Webcomic!

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

-

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users