#1 Landon!

Landon!

Kittys Pod Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Hey Punkworks!

I decided that I shall do another bounce test, but not any bounce test......a GEAR bounce test!

My team purchased 12 manicans for at-home snapping.

On one manican we put on Empire gloves, Empire knee pads, Empire elbow pads, Empire chest protector, 08 groundpounder jersey/pants, and sliders.

On the other manican we put on DYE C7 gloves, elbow pads, knee pads, sliders, pants/jersey and a Proto chest protector.

Since I did a mask bounce test, I decided to do a gear bounce test.

We were shooting Evil, Premium, Formula 13 and a little bit of Chrome at about 290 FPS from 50 feet away. Me and my teammate Alex shot 20 paintballs at 5 angles from left hand , here are the results!

BOUNCES

90 degrees: DYE had 13 bounces, Empire had 8.
45 degrees R: DYE had 6 bounces, Empire had 8.
45 degrees L: DYE had 10 bounces, Empire had 14.
180 degrees L: DYE had 18 bounces, Empire had 12.
180 degreesR: DYE had 5 bounces, Empire had 9.

DYE had 52/100 bounces.

Empire had 41/100 bounces.

Thank you for your time for reading this test and I have to say thanks to Badlands paintball for letting us buy about 20 balls of assorted paint, WE LOVE BADLANDS!

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 50k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 3 is allowed in the signature. Player's Club members are allowed to use 75k large pictures.

#2 Snow

Snow

I Make It Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

sick dude
Thanks to our sponsors
Paintball Sports and Supply
Chevys
Support Your Local Store!
Primary Excusrion
Mike is GOD

#3 t.fekete

t.fekete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

i would be curious to see bounces measured and compared by area/region. rather than approach angle, what if you noted the percentage of bounces off of the arm pads, and the percentage of bounces off of the pants, and the percentage off of the jersey? then we could conclude that brand x arm pads yield more bounces than brand y, but brand y yields more pant bounces than brand x.
UConn Engineering 2012

Visit oringmonkey for all your o-ring needs

#4 Landon!

Landon!

Kittys Pod Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

i would be curious to see bounces measured and compared by area/region. rather than approach angle, what if you noted the percentage of bounces off of the arm pads, and the percentage of bounces off of the pants, and the percentage off of the jersey? then we could conclude that brand x arm pads yield more bounces than brand y, but brand y yields more pant bounces than brand x.

To make it easier on us instead of posting a million spread sheets, we are going to video it and post it on Youtube.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 50k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 3 is allowed in the signature. Player's Club members are allowed to use 75k large pictures.

#5 t.fekete

t.fekete

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

sounds good
UConn Engineering 2012

Visit oringmonkey for all your o-ring needs

#6 Landon!

Landon!

Kittys Pod Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

sounds good

Very well, shots all around.

#7 Pizzaluvr

Pizzaluvr

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:06 AM

Oh, cool test! I'd love too see videos. Something about bounces from 10 or so feet would be cool as well.

Team Fracture
B&E Paintball--Wild World Paintball

#8 airlesscoma

airlesscoma

Custom member title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

oo i wanna see the vid

Dp G3 with Dye Rotor Xbox live gamertag: airlesscoma
Earn free gear by searching with http://toddsgearbag....-...r&rb=311401

#9 Landon!

Landon!

Kittys Pod Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

We havent video taped it yet, read the post again please:P

#10 wes1274

wes1274

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

also, the tests are npt that conclusive
look at 45 left and right for dye
wtf?
shouldnt they be the same or way closer? Id like to see like out of 100 shots at different gear,vs say the manekin
"You gas up the marker, load up the hopper, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field. It doesn't matter that you failed that test friday, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there. Your world is right for the next 3 minutes, THIS is your heaven on earth...live it...love it...Paintball, it's a way of life."

- Unknown

#11 inkrypt

inkrypt

Master of Fail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:22 AM

but the material on mannequins are really hard as opposed to human flesh which is softer and can also affect bouncing..

i think a human target is in order! >=D
If you're part of the 5% that acknowledges that most Rap music on the radio sucks and support the few honest, passionate, GOOD Rap artists, put this in your signature.
Hip Hop is a culture and the vocal aspect of Hip Hop is called Rap. These terms are not synonyms.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users