160 replies to this topic

#51 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

Most of mine are in the Member Club Section, phew!

Mike - Not trying to start shit here, I'm just asking - If we WEREN'T fighting in the OT, but we still spend a lot of time on there, as far as I see it's helping the community grow. Maybe not paintball-wise, but we're becoming better friends and forming bonds.

#52 bobruffles

bobruffles

Devil's Advocate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

The reason why I closed the off-topic clubs is because I'm tired of dealing with the fucking babysitting

I'm a paintball player, I'm trying to grow my website, I'm trying to focus on big picture things to help my website and community grow. I don't have the time, resources or manpower to babysit a bunch of fucking idiots who contribute NOTHING to this community (hence, it's off topic), yet take up 90% of our resources here on the website.

The off topic is supposed to be a retreat, a place where people visit OCCASIONALLY to talk about some things that are outside of paintball. Talk about cars, computers, school, shopping, fun stuff. It's not a place for a bunch of fucking assholes to join a "club", then launch a coordinated attack against another club or individual.

"Gee Mike, it sure seems like you guys have really slacked on the videos lately", yea because when you are babysitting a bunch of immature morons who think this website is their fucking toilet for them to shit on, it takes time and energy away from doing REAL work such as creating PAINTBALL RELATED CONTENT that helps the sport and this website grow.

You act like adults, we treat you like adults. You act like idiots, we treat you like idiots.

We still haven't cleaned up the mess from the last "boil-over" in the off-topic clubs, but believe me, we're discussing the details in the staff forum and don't be surprised if 30+ people aren't banned by the weekend.

Take a look at your profile, if the majority of your posts are in "off topic", I could give a shit if you were banned or not. Off topic doesn't help my sport or my site grow, so the minute you become a pain in the ass, you're gone

That's what we are determining in the staff lounge. People who spend the majority of their time in the paintball section, will be getting more slack than people who spend most of their time in off topic.

That should tell you something, If you don't want OT then delete the entire section.

Edited by bobruffles, 13 October 2010 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image

#53 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

I'm restraining so hard here... Feels like my head's gonna explode. But I suppose pissing Mike off would be the absolute worst thing to do right now.

#54 bobruffles

bobruffles

Devil's Advocate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

I'm restraining so hard here... Feels like my head's gonna explode. But I suppose pissing Mike off would be the absolute worst thing to do right now.

PM me
Posted Image

#55 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

Do the same thin I told you last night. Get away from the computer and come back in around 5 minutes. Chilax bro.
Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#56 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

*grabs popcorn*

This is better then the fucking titanic movie my mom's got on tv atm. :lol:

By the by, if the OT goes down, I'll probably visit the site a lot less. Keep watching the vids, but visit the site a lot less.

#57 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Do the same thin I told you last night. Get away from the computer and come back in around 5 minutes. Chilax bro.

I'm actually pretty calm, all things considered. :P I won't deny having a short fuse, though.

#58 Spitlebug

Spitlebug

Canadian Cross Dressing, Bull ball Toucher.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

Ideally there is only so much paintball stuff I want to talk about, and only so much that people actually want to hear.

Trust me, when you talk about it all the time people who are not like minded individuals get sick and tired of it really quickly. Sick and tired.

I like the OT section because aside from being with like minded individuals, I can have a casual conversation without the topic devolving into:

"Bitch please, the sweep valve totally works."

or

"Hey guize I just bought mah LUXE and I tink it's teh gretest gun evar. Do u agree?"

There is strength in the OT Section. I'm sorry that the staff here doesn't appreciate what potential and camaraderie the OT Section brings to the site overall. There are bad apples, punish those people.

I look to the CBC as an example. Things were great and then the club got out of hand. We got sorted out and have since posted over 700 (Over 9000 posts!) pages of dialogue and fun was had by all. We even started accepting people that weren't Canadian (because we're cool that way).

So tempted to suspend Kitty just so I can say I have....
Okay, fuck it....I just banned Kitty, that's going in the sig.

Administrator - ICD Owner's Group

Posted Image

#59 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

I think closing them was right, but now there is another shit storm of complaints. This really is a paintball forum, guys. But I have to say, if you want to grow a website, you have to deal with the people who fuck everything up.

#60 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

Ideally there is only so much paintball stuff I want to talk about, and only so much that people actually want to hear.

Trust me, when you talk about it all the time people who are not like minded individuals get sick and tired of it really quickly. Sick and tired.

I like the OT section because aside from being with like minded individuals, I can have a casual conversation without the topic devolving into:

or

"Hey guize I just bought mah LUXE and I tink it's teh gretest gun evar. Do u agree?"

There is strength in the OT Section. I'm sorry that the staff here doesn't appreciate what potential and camaraderie the OT Section brings to the site overall. There are bad apples, punish those people.

I look to the CBC as an example. Things were great and then the club got out of hand. We got sorted out and have since posted over 700 (Over 9000 posts!) pages of dialogue and fun was had by all. We even started accepting people that weren't Canadian (because we're cool that way).

That gets old, very fast.

#61 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

I agree with spitle. I can't talk paintball 24/7. I can barely keep a steady conversation with people as it is before it goes off topic from what it originally was.
Posted Image
king of skiers

#62 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

Exactly, paintball discussions either turn into 10+ page monstrosities that just repeat the fact that equipment is only 10% of the player.

OR INTO FLAME WARS!!!

Edited by Sgt Moose, 13 October 2010 - 06:19 PM.

#63 .SP0NGE.

.SP0NGE.

25% Polyester, Do not bleach.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

OR INTO FLAME WARS!!!

especially the CCCC club. the last 5 pages were just messed up.

Edited by .SP0NGE., 13 October 2010 - 06:24 PM.

#64 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

OR INTO FLAME WARS!!!

and yall wonder why OTC got taken down?

#65 bobruffles

bobruffles

Devil's Advocate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

I think closing them was right, but now there is another shit storm of complaints. This really is a paintball forum, guys. But I have to say, if you want to grow a website, you have to deal with the people who fuck everything up.

no.
Posted Image

#66 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

I was talking about the paintball sections. If everybody would stick to their own clubs none of this would have happened. Let the Chipotle fans have their fun, let the Canadians be Canadian, let the OG people reminisce, let the trolls be trolls, and go play some paintball. THAT is what this site should be about.

#67 {Pb}Atracin

{Pb}Atracin

Bow Chicka Wow Wow

• Members
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

or

That gets old, very fast.

Agreed, especially when paintball chatter seemed to be full of that stuff.

Posted Image
SPEHSS MAHREENS
Canadian Ballers Club | Empire Owners Club | Canadian Ambassador Minnesota Ballers Club
Lick it.

#68 Spitlebug

Spitlebug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

I DO NOT condone bad behaviour. I simply see merit in the OT Section.

If people want to act like ass-wipes, that's their prerogative but it doesn't do anything for the site at all. Those people should go.

Posted Image

#69 .SP0NGE.

.SP0NGE.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

I was talking about the paintball sections. If everybody would stick to their own clubs none of this would have happened. Let the Chipotle fans have their fun, let the Canadians be Canadian, let the OG people reminisce, let the trolls be trolls, and go play some paintball. THAT is what this site should be about.

I meant the trolling in the Chipoltle club. Like you said, if they all stay in their own clubs that's fine. I don't think the entire OT section should be closed and deleted, but there should be some consequences for what happened.

#70 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

If the whole OT goes and he really does ban 30+ people, the community will be a ghost town.

#71 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

see, everyone wants them back, yet no one wants to spend 3 hours of their day sorting the shit that comes along with it

For every 1 normal paintball report, or 1 BST report, we had EASILY 100+ complaints and reports in regards to off-topic clubs

You read that right, we'd get 100 reports regarding off topic clubs, for every ONE (yes, 1) normal report from the paintball side

This is what our Moderator Console looks like-

Off-Topic Club Report: Flaming
BST Report: Possible Fraud
Paintball Chatter: Spam

See the problem? Someone has to clean that shit up, you want to do it?

#72 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

see, everyone wants them back, yet no one wants to spend 3 hours of their day sorting the shit that comes along with it

For every 1 normal paintball report, or 1 BST report, we had EASILY 100+ complaints and reports in regards to off-topic clubs

You read that right, we'd get 100 reports regarding off topic clubs, for every ONE (yes, 1) normal report from the paintball side

<snip>

I understand, Mike. But I feel that banning loads of members would only worsen the matter. People would come back with different accounts, post a thread saying how "you all suck!1!1!!!11!!!", and then things would progress. I think a better solution would be to give people a warning, let us know if we're out of line. If someone was particularly bad, then ban them. Feel free to shoot me a PM if I've crossed any lines.

#73 .SP0NGE.

.SP0NGE.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

<snip>

I understand, Mike. But I feel that banning loads of members would only worsen the matter. People would come back with different accounts, post a thread saying how "you all suck!1!1!!!11!!!", and then things would progress. I think a better solution would be to give people a warning, let us know if we're out of line. If someone was particularly bad, then ban them. Feel free to shoot me a PM if I've crossed any lines.

IP ban = permaban though. Most of the threads in the OT were fine, it was just a few that messed it up for everyone else.

Edited by .SP0NGE., 13 October 2010 - 07:20 PM.

#74 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

i know that my opinion isn't worth more than my own shit but i think that anyone who flamme's in the OT club's should immideatly be banned but after seeing that report consol that mike posted up i don't think that it would be possible to sift through all the bullshit so it might be a better idea if the OT club's never come back although that would be a shame

sorry if i steped out of line on this post

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#75 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

-snip-

People would help Mike.
Kinda want to step in and help
Posted Image
king of skiers

#76 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

I feel bad that the admins and mods have to deal with that, but I don't think 1 flaming should be an insta ban. Just voicing my opinion here, it's all Mike's decision.

#77 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

I volunteer myself to mod OT clubs. ;)

#78 .SP0NGE.

.SP0NGE.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

I feel bad that the admins and mods have to deal with that, but I don't think 1 flaming should be an insta ban. Just voicing my opinion here, it's all Mike's decision.

Obviously there needs to be some leniency in the system, which is why there are warnings. But at some point there is a line, and it is up to Mike, and only Mike as to where this line will be drawn.

Edited by .SP0NGE., 13 October 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#79 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:37 PM

I think a better solution would be to give people a warning, let us know if we're out of line.

We have been doing that. Some people have over 30 warnings, from 10 different moderators. We have been handing out warnings, thousands upon thousands of them, we're probably the most tolerant group of forum moderators in the entire paintball industry

But enough is enough. Something about the "Off Topic Clubs" that cause normal people to turn into complete assholes, and then everyone is staring at ME to do something about it. You guys have NO FUCKING CLUE how long it takes to unravel a web of complaints. You have to go back sometimes 4 or 5 days, through hundreds of posts, to get to the bottom of the what the hell happened.

Person A is pissed that Person B said something, but Person B claims that Person A said something in the "other thread"
So you check the other thread, and you see that Person B did indeed attack Person A, but Person A was pissed because of what Person B said in the BST thread
Then you check the BST thread, and Person B did say something to Person A, but Person A attacked Person B in a thread two days ago.
Then you notice that Person A flamed Person B the day before, because Person B attacked Person A in another thread in off-topic

You just go back and forth, back and forth. And here recently, a trend that has occured in the past two months, the Off-Topic Club threads have multiplied the problem exponentially, because now instead of 2 people arguing, you have 2 people, PLUS the entire off topic club now fighting like it's a fucking gang war on my forum.

Person A has a problem with Person B. Person B is a member of an Off-Topic Club, so everyone in the OTC now attacks Person A

We have bigger fish to fry, than to babysit a bunch of people who want to use our forum to internet fight. This is MY website, I pay the bills here, it's my responsibility. And the INSTANT something becomes more of a pain in the ass than it's worth, I remove it.

My videos are what I care about, I don't give a shit about the forums. Not happy about the closing of the Off-Topic Clubs because people can't behave themselves? Then leave, the door is that way ----------------------------->

#80 murk_da_mask

murk_da_mask

Herp Derp Boston Bawllah Derp Herp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

I think a better solution would be to give people a warning, let us know if we're out of line.

We have been doing that. Some people have over 30 warnings, from 10 different moderators. We have been handing out warnings, thousands upon thousands of them, we're probably the most tolerant group of forum moderators in the entire paintball industry

But enough is enough. Something about the "Off Topic Clubs" that cause normal people to turn into complete assholes, and then everyone is staring at ME to do something about it. You guys have NO FUCKING CLUE how long it takes to unravel a web of complaints. You have to go back sometimes 4 or 5 days, through hundreds of posts, to get to the bottom of the what the hell happened.

Person A is pissed that Person B said something, but Person B claims that Person A said something in the "other thread"
So you check the other thread, and you see that Person B did indeed attack Person A, but Person A was pissed because of what Person B said in the BST thread
Then you check the BST thread, and Person B did say something to Person A, but Person A attacked Person B in a thread two days ago.
Then you notice that Person A flamed Person B the day before, because Person B attacked Person A in another thread in off-topic

You just go back and forth, back and forth. And here recently, a trend that has occured in the past two months, the Off-Topic Club threads have multiplied the problem exponentially, because now instead of 2 people arguing, you have 2 people, PLUS the entire off topic club now fighting like it's a fucking gang war on my forum.

Person A has a problem with Person B. Person B is a member of an Off-Topic Club, so everyone in the OTC now attacks Person A

We have bigger fish to fry, than to babysit a bunch of people who want to use our forum to internet fight. This is MY website, I pay the bills here, it's my responsibility. And the INSTANT something becomes more of a pain in the ass than it's worth, I remove it.

My videos are what I care about, I don't give a shit about the forums. Not happy about the closing of the Off-Topic Clubs because people can't behave themselves? Then leave, the door is that way ----------------------------->

get out of my dorm mike! that arrow actually points to my door...nuts...

Posted Image

Setup:Etek 3 LT,68/45 ninja,rotor,dye i4
~.:Team KaSL:.~
Field: Boston Paintball Indoor
Xbox live Gamertag: PeterxEast

#81 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

Understood. :mellow:

#82 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

My name is Drexler, and I approve this post :tup:

Take em down and leave em down.

#83 wingmasterjr

wingmasterjr

Techpbs #1 Furry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

I volunteer myself to mod OT clubs. ;)

I also volunteer myself to mod OT clubs. B)
Posted Image Techpbs #1 furry was here....

#84 Cubeman

Cubeman

Be Prepared

• Members
  • 12,672 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

get out of my dorm mike! that arrow actually points to my door...nuts...

That arrow pointed to 8 Rubik's Cubes and a water bottle for me :P

CBC.png

the revi looks like a uncircumcised bird and the threshy looks like a turkey on thanks giving lovely, mouth watering :rolleyes:

#85 jdlarson11

jdlarson11

Uber Member

• Banned
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

we should return the off-topic clubs and allow members to only post in emoticons

:)

#86 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Haha that's a great idea!

#87 aj619

aj619

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

we should return the off-topic clubs and allow members to only post in emoticons

Posted Image

lol yes, that's a great idea.

aj.png

#88 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:58 PM

:huh: ... :angry: ... <_< ... :excl: ... :rolleyes: ... <_<

#89 jdlarson11

jdlarson11

Uber Member

• Banned
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

:rolleyes:

#90 aj619

aj619

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

Posted Image ... Posted Image ... Posted Image ... Posted Image ... Posted Image ... Posted Image

Posted Image

aj.png

#91 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

good to know. Posted Image

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#92 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

I'm so tempted to sig that...

#93 aj619

aj619

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:05 PM

someone sig it

aj.png

#94 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

Damn, won't fit.

#95 aj619

aj619

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

then i'll sig it

edit: sigged

Edited by aj619, 13 October 2010 - 08:11 PM.

aj.png

#96 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Do eet!

#97 MIBaller

MIBaller

Gun Tech Guru

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

kevin did i think im going to see some ip bans possibly
My Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=108194
HAVE AN OLD GUN AND THE BOARD IS FRIED GIVE ME A PM.
Posted Image

#98 Tribs

Tribs

Turn down for sleep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

It's nice not to have to see the OT member clubs spamming in the View New Content part of the forum.

#99 Spitlebug

Spitlebug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:46 PM

It's nice not to have to see the OT member clubs spamming in the View New Content part of the forum.

You can adjust what is shown on that by subscribing to the subforums that you ONLY want to see updates for.

Posted Image

#100 jtusa181

jtusa181

OnTarget Photography

• Retired Staff
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

My only comment....just get rid of OTC. If people really have a problem with it being gone, then they came to the wrong site. This is a PAINTBALL site to begin with, why come here and not have anything to do with paintball?.....Heck, take away the whole OT for all I care, im here for paintball and so shouldnt the people who join this site, not to talk about how mom made me clean my room and daddy didnt buy me what I wanted.

OnTarget Photography

Bitches be haten, time to call all polar bears and beavers the war has begun...

My Feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users