• This topic is locked This topic is locked
287 replies to this topic

#151 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:34 PM

I finally got a chance to use my new freak'd setup. I ran into a problem but first and foremost: THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE FREAK BORING PROCESS DONE BY Bryce.

The TPX bolt tip on both of my TPX's is getting stuck in the freak insert. After removing the barrels it looks like the bolt will stick in the inserts with the 0.679" and 0.682" sizes. I contacted Tippmann to see if the older bolts have a problem with being too long or too large an OD at the tip.

So if anybody else is thinking of doing this with a TPX or Phenom (same bolt system), beware.

Does anybody else have this type of system or the Techt I-fit system having or not having this problem?

#152 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

I finally got a chance to use my new freak'd setup. I ran into a problem but first and foremost: THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE FREAK BORING PROCESS DONE BY Bryce.

The TPX bolt tip on both of my TPX's is getting stuck in the freak insert. After removing the barrels it looks like the bolt will stick in the inserts with the 0.679" and 0.682" sizes. I contacted Tippmann to see if the older bolts have a problem with being too long or too large an OD at the tip.

So if anybody else is thinking of doing this with a TPX or Phenom (same bolt system), beware.

Does anybody else have this type of system or the Techt I-fit system having or not having this problem?

strange - it worked fine on mine.... you have the new bolt - right?

#153 boardsnroses1134

boardsnroses1134

Mues Vires

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

I have a smart parts progressive barrel, if I wanted to purchase an already freak bored ion threaded barrel and gave you the progressive how much would that cost me? Also can you throw in an insert? Lmk
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=157643
that is my vibe. i want to sell it or trade it. thus you should click this link and buy/trade for it.

#154 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

strange - it worked fine on mine.... you have the new bolt - right?

Depends on when the new bolt was released. I do have older models that I upgraded about the time they finally came out with the 7-ball mags. I haven't received a reply yet from Tippmann.

I've filed down the edge just in front of the o-ring and they are cycling just fine now. I'll chrono them tonight.

#155 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:46 AM

Depends on when the new bolt was released. I do have older models that I upgraded about the time they finally came out with the 7-ball mags. I haven't received a reply yet from Tippmann.

I've filed down the edge just in front of the o-ring and they are cycling just fine now. I'll chrono them tonight.

sorry about that - I didn't worry about it cause mine worked fine. Makes sense though - lots of blow forward guns seal to the barrel. Did it damage any inserts? I can sell you replacements at a discount. I had an original TPX - then got the new bolt from Tippmann. This was well before the 7 round mags - I wonder if there are actually 3 different bolts out for the gun.

Let me know how things work out - It'll be good to know.

#156 AKADINGO

AKADINGO

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

I was thinking of boring out a 14" j&j ceramic and getting it milled for apex 2. Off the top of your head(or anyone else's) will this work? Anybody recommend any other one piece barrels? I have a G1

Strips of electrical tape tightly applied to fit inside the groves of the apex2 worked fine for me. take apart your apex, mark the groves off with pencil and cut strips of tape to size then wrap so you have about 1/8 inch thickness. That held mine on perfect and you still have the ability to twist the apex tip to get that just right action on the ball. Hope this helps mate.
PLAY LIKE TODAY IS YOUR LAST
Feedback> http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=113914

#157 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

sorry about that - I didn't worry about it cause mine worked fine. Makes sense though - lots of blow forward guns seal to the barrel. Did it damage any inserts? I can sell you replacements at a discount. I had an original TPX - then got the new bolt from Tippmann. This was well before the 7 round mags - I wonder if there are actually 3 different bolts out for the gun.

Let me know how things work out - It'll be good to know.

Everything is working just fine now. Thankfully no inserts are damaged. Tippmann did respond and didn't say anything about a bolt redesign/change. They said it had to be the barrel, which it was.

Once again, thanks Bryce.

#158 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

I have a smart parts progressive barrel, if I wanted to purchase an already freak bored ion threaded barrel and gave you the progressive how much would that cost me? Also can you throw in an insert? Lmk

I've got a 12" dye in ion threads. I would give you $10 credit for the progressive - which means it would cost you $30 shipped. What size insert are you looking for? I've got a few that I would part with - I would be looking for $12.50 per insert. So, you send a barrel and $42.50 I send you the Dye with a 679 or 682 insert.

Everything is working just fine now. Thankfully no inserts are damaged. Tippmann did respond and didn't say anything about a bolt redesign/change. They said it had to be the barrel, which it was.

Once again, thanks Bryce.

you got it man - sorry about the problem. I'll keep it in mind for future projects. My TPX shot fantastic with the freak barrel - it's a really good valve design.

#159 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:23 AM

Are you able to bore a P.E shaft 3 2piece .693 bore?

#160 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:44 AM

Are you able to bore a P.E shaft 3 2piece .693 bore?

I've done a couple - I don't like doing them. The external shape creates chucking issues.

#161 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

Hmm ok. Thanks

#162 TMSballer

TMSballer

Elite Member

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,955 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

Phantom barrel smallest bore you have. You address and I will ship you the barrel and cash. Thanks babe :D

#163 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Phantom barrel smallest bore you have. You address and I will ship you the barrel and cash. Thanks babe :D

I don't quite understand. are you asking to buy a phantom barrel with a small bore insert? Are you asking me to bore a phantom barrel and sell you an insert?

#164 TMSballer

TMSballer

Elite Member

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,955 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:36 AM

God, my post was horrid. Yes you are correct, I just got my phantom in and would like the barrel bored and I would also like to buy the smallest insert you have. Sorry about my post I don't know what I was thinking.

#165 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

yes, can do. $30 for boring + $3-ish return shipping + $12 insert = $45

#166 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

What do you have stock A/C threaded at least 14in

#167 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

What do you have stock A/C threaded at least 14in

I'm updating my sale thread for pre-bored barrels. I'll let you know when I've done it.

#168 hill

hill

Mag Guru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

What is the min barrel diameter to do this. I want the one on my ICE EPIC done but it is the only barrel like it. So if it is a concern then it may not be a good idea, but boar matching is necessary on the epic, so it would be so cool to use the original matching barrel. The smallest diameter is .822", so it looks to thin as there would only be like .10" left

What about only boaring the first 1.75" and let me cut the insert down?

captin pinky: see when hill was born his mom secretly had tom kaye as the pool boy and well..... special hugs..... and now we have super duper mags lol

Fire power
Posted Image

#169 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

What is the min barrel diameter to do this. I want the one on my ICE EPIC done but it is the only barrel like it. So if it is a concern then it may not be a good idea, but boar matching is necessary on the epic, so it would be so cool to use the original matching barrel. The smallest diameter is .822", so it looks to thin as there would only be like .10" left

What about only boaring the first 1.75" and let me cut the insert down?

I suppose I could bore only the first 1.75. What barrel do you have? The Ice ships with the CP barrel - right? I bore to just about .740 - so .822 should be fine.

second thing - the Epic, since it's a bore drop and has such a fast valve, can be really hard on paint. I normally shoot a larger bore barrel on my Ice than on any other gun I own. I'm not saying that boring the barrel wouldn't be a good idea - but make sure you have some small/mid sized inserts around.

#170 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

I saw your thread in the barrels section close, thats why I thought you quit doing this lol. I am looking to get this kaner barrel thats a .691 bored, so I can keep my karni looking original AND usable. I'm gonna put one picture in here, but I'll put the link to the album, because I have a few barrels that I could send for a discount and I don't want to clutter the thread. I have an eigenbarrel, a 14'' CP one piece in .685, 15'' empire barrel, and an old short stock barrel of my outkast.
Posted Image

And the album here.

#171 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

clarification request Hog - are you offering the CP, the stock barrel and the eigenbarrel as trade items for boring on the Kaner?

I've done a couple of Kaners - they bore fine.

I would be interested in the eigen as a trade item. Normal boring costs $30 plus return shipping - usually about $5. I can give you a $15 discount for the Eigen. That means you send me the two barrels, I bore the Kaner, you pay $20 and I ship it back.

that work for you?

#172 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

clarification request Hog - are you offering the CP, the stock barrel and the eigenbarrel as trade items for boring on the Kaner?

I've done a couple of Kaners - they bore fine.

I would be interested in the eigen as a trade item. Normal boring costs $30 plus return shipping - usually about $5. I can give you a $15 discount for the Eigen. That means you send me the two barrels, I bore the Kaner, you pay $20 and I ship it back.

that work for you?

Yes, I'm offering any/all of them. That sounds fair to me, I'll let you know when I'm ready to pay/ship, since I need them when I go play this week. Thanks! :)

#173 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

Yes, I'm offering any/all of them. That sounds fair to me, I'll let you know when I'm ready to pay/ship, since I need them when I go play this week. Thanks! :)

I can't guarantee a super speedy turn around - it's all about when I can get time in the metal shop. PM me and I'll get you my address. You send the Eigen and the Kaner back and I'll get to work. You don't pay till after I do the work.

#174 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

Have you ever bored a Flasc barrel?

#175 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

So what's on stock? Cp dye?

#176 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:06 AM

there's really no reason - he makes them down to ... .681 I think, maybe .679

give me a couple of days - I'll be re-listing my in stock barrels.

#177 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

there's really no reason - he makes them down to ... .681 I think, maybe .679

give me a couple of days - I'll be re-listing my in stock barrels.

The only barrels custom bored have no porting. I would get a normal .690 barrel with porting bored if I got one.

#178 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

What you got now bryce? :)
My My Feedback 7/0/0

#179 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

What you got now bryce? :)

he said couple of days haha

#180 Panda Dentist

Panda Dentist

lifes a bitch and im her pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Bore a trracer barrel

Things used for paintball that can also be used in the household? Re-balls! Strung together re-balls make great anal beads. They also double as garland during the holidays.

Lifes a Bitch and im her pimp.
DOYLE SAYS (when drunk) my number is 612 (removed) i dont give a shit
XBOX 360 BNIB http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=156381

#181 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

The only barrels custom bored have no porting. I would get a normal .690 barrel with porting bored if I got one.

FLASC makes a kit. you buy the back in the size you want then add ported or non ported tips to build the length you want.

http://www.flasc.com...cles/bkits.html

Bore a trracer barrel

send me one. They're easy. then you pay and I send it back. That's how this works.

#182 Panda Dentist

Panda Dentist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

FLASC makes a kit. you buy the back in the size you want then add ported or non ported tips to build the length you want.

http://www.flasc.com...cles/bkits.html

Bore a trracer barrel

send me one. They're easy. then you pay and I send it back. That's how this works.

an og trracer barrel?

Things used for paintball that can also be used in the household? Re-balls! Strung together re-balls make great anal beads. They also double as garland during the holidays.

#183 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:59 AM

an og trracer barrel?

what's an og trracer?

#184 NTENSE

NTENSE

Parkway Drive #1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

maybe interested how much would it cost to bore a dye UL back and for a .685 insert
KusH Iron ballers black
eBay Feedback+8/-0
Feed Back +4/-0

#185 Panda Dentist

Panda Dentist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

http://www.urbandict...ine.php?term=OG
the old pmi trracer barrels.

#186 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

Do you a have cp freaked by any chance?

#187 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

http://www.urbandict...ine.php?term=OG
the old pmi trracer barrels.

might want to put quotes around stuff like that - when you aren't using capitalization or correct grammar it just looks like a typo or phone autocorrect.

And no, the old trracer thread isn't thick enough to bore. Sorry.

Do you a have cp freaked by any chance?

I'll have a thread of pre-bored barrels up soon.

#188 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

alright man lmk! :tup:

#189 Mr. Scott

Mr. Scott

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

What about either of these two?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Feedback +22/-0
Yes, the dude with the Ninja Turtles blanket.
Proud to have never sold on PBN

#190 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

what barrels are they and what threads? It's not the overall OD that matters - it's the profile and the threading.

#191 Mr. Scott

Mr. Scott

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

AHHH, I understand. The first one is a DP Rev-i back with autococker threads and the other is a .691 angel a1 back that came with the gun.
Feedback +22/-0

#192 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:22 AM

can I get pics of the 5" closest to the threads?

#193 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:33 AM

Bryce, can you bore a Lucky Vanguard Hero Barrel for me?

Also, if i mail one to you from a dealer have it shipped to you. bore it and send it my way?

Edited by Shortbuscrew, 10 August 2011 - 06:34 AM.

My My Feedback 7/0/0

#194 Mr. Scott

Mr. Scott

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

Posted Image

a1 barrel on top and cocker barrel on bottom
Feedback +22/-0

#195 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

Bryce, can you bore a Lucky Vanguard Hero Barrel for me?

Also, if i mail one to you from a dealer have it shipped to you. bore it and send it my way?

get me a picture and I'll tell you.

Posted Image

a1 barrel on top and cocker barrel on bottom

the cocker barrel looks bad - nowhere flat for me to grab it. I haven't done an angel barrel. Do you have access to a set of calipers to measure it?

#196 Mr. Scott

Mr. Scott

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

Damn, that's disappointing on the Rev-i barrel. I can get a caliper to measure the barrels but it will probably be a couple of days.
Feedback +22/-0

#197 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

Damn, that's disappointing on the Rev-i barrel. I can get a caliper to measure the barrels but it will probably be a couple of days.

I'm looking for the outside diameter of the part past the threads.

#198 Russian Legion Fan

Russian Legion Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

Are you able to bore the stock Azodin barrels?

#199 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

azodin kp with the o-ring?

#200 Russian Legion Fan

Russian Legion Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

azodin kp with the o-ring?

Yes, sorry for not specifying.

Edited by Russian Legion Fan, 30 August 2011 - 03:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users