• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Manolo

Manolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:17 AM

i have 2 years playing paintball and have try lots of 300$ guns right now the best in my opinion are the mini , i love proto but in 300$ range gun i got to mini . still i wanted to know what you think about the smart parts epiphany i have played with it for two years and never failed.

#2 FauX12

FauX12

Livin' My Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:36 AM

I agree totally that the Epiphany is a great gun. Ive had mine a couple years and i love it. But as many things as there are to love about it theres a lot of things to hate about it. They have really crappy efficient and have the same crappy stock ION board in them. I got a new Shocktech Reg, a SP 360 QEV and a Shocktech Q-lock feed neck. With those upgrades to the gun it becomes a much better gun.

#3 INOSKEDYOU

INOSKEDYOU

What's barrel tapping?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:48 AM

It's the fact that you have to buy upgrades right after purchasing your gun brand to new to allow it to compete with other markers out of the box. The manufacturer does something called obsolete engineering. They set up their markers to fail so you have to spend more money.

#4 c0tt0n i joe

c0tt0n i joe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:39 AM

Personally, I would never go with smart parts unless you're buying a used one that is already all upgraded and for sale at a cheap price. I would go with proto first. I'm not overly impressed with proto also because of all the plastic on the gun. I'm an ego person, so I would try to find a nice cheap 05/06 ego for sale, that is if you need a gun now. Why don't you just hang onto your beginner level gun for a while and save up to get something you'll be really happy with. Good luck to ya'.

#5 Videodrone

Videodrone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:26 AM

I owned an ion, and i'll never buy another smart parts gun. I'm pretty sure an Epiphany isn't much different aside from some fancy parts.

Custom Half Block Sniper
Custom Mech Autococker

#6 Drax660

Drax660

Nerdiest Paintballer Ever.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:50 AM

The Epiphany is probably one of the better $300 markers you can get. When I got mine, I took it to my field and played a good 3 or 4 games with it on factory settings and it was extremely consistent on the chronograph and was very accurate on the .693 bore. The only problem I have with it now is that the anodizing wears off if you have a black Epiphany and that the stock board is just garbage. Other than that, I have not had any problems with this marker.
Posted Image

#7 bL^

bL^

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:15 AM

I owned an ion, and i'll never buy another smart parts gun. I'm pretty sure an Epiphany isn't much different aside from some fancy parts.

I'm sorry and not to be rude but owning One Ion which at the time was probably SP's lowest end gun isn't exactly a good sampling to base a "Ill never buy that brand again" type of conclusion.

As for the Epiphany, its a nice looking gun and it shoots pretty good but you really do have to put a few ups into them to make them what they could be, feed neck and qev are good (fairly cheap) up's another thing you could get but don't really need especially if you play semi is a new board. Over-all its really not that bad of a gun though.

EDIT: Oh and for $300 save up like 40 more and get a mini, it you really think you need a new gun.

#8 billoney87

billoney87

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:17 PM

i have played with this gun and i hated it. it has a terrible board and you have to take the whole gun apart just to do standard maintanance. you can get an slg for the same price and you get a better board, easier to maintain, and just a better gun from a better company.
member of KW Factory: Equal Opportunity Haters

#9 carpenterbee10

carpenterbee10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

all an epiphany is is a metal ion, with the volumizer and a fire bolt. its still an ion! same goes for the EOS, smart parts is gust packageing the samething over and over. there not bad guns after300$ of upgrades but then wouldnt that take them out of the 300$ gun catigory?
Bigpearlpaintball.com

#10 coryhupfer

coryhupfer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

the epiphany is good it shoots amazing ropes (i have 1) soon to be buying a ego i am still keeping it for a backup and extra gun i love it just hard to lube and such

#11 coryhupfer

coryhupfer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

well i spent 300 for mine new with a vlocity jr and a 47 30 tank all i bought was a new feed neck

#12 Littleston101

Littleston101

Avid Paintball Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

they are decent markers that hold their ground. if youve got the money why not get this other than an ion and upping it.

efficiency and trigger are my only complaints

#13 mrmeatloaf5

mrmeatloaf5

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:00 PM

go with the slg its a whole lot better and you only have to upgrade a few parts i have the epiphany and you have to completely open up to change the firing mode

#14 Timmy

Timmy

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:54 PM

epiphany is a good gun, but for the money, there are better guns.
If you are under 18 and your parents have no idea you are involved in paintball, yet you have had 10+ guns. put this in your sig.
If you think pumps shouldnt have to mercy people, put this in your sig.
If you think Rap is for posers and wanna bees, put this in your sig.
if your under 18 and pay for your own gear, put this in ur sigPosted Image

#15 Zenith

Zenith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

timmy's right, they arent bad but I'd take an SLG or Mini any day of the week over an epiphany

#16 Cody_21

Cody_21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:00 PM

whats the top bps on the epiph?

R.I.P. All American Paintball Park

Rock her with the SH((O))CKER!!!!

Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex

IIPA ThunderII

2 user(s) are reading this topic