• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PAINTHEY

PAINTHEY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:01 PM

I played with my brothers Opus Saturday.

First off, the e-trigger fits and works on the Opus. But the Opus trigger frame screw heads are to large to fit in the counterboreded holes in the e-trigger, so I ground them down a little and added some lock washers.

The gun works just like any a mech spyder. A little quitter, less kick, lighter. It's basically an Sonix with a smaller top tub, bolt and valve.

The bad news is the shake and bake hopper. The thing just wouldn't feed when full of paint. It would do a little better when less than half filled. But I still had to violently shake the gun after 3 shots to get paint out of the hopper. Pretty much ruined my morning trying to get the thing to work.:angry:

What bothers me, someone is going to buy this gun and will think its garbage because of the hopper. If someone is buying an opus, another $50 for a hopper probably isn't in the budget. A Sonix would make a much better kingman starter gun.

When paint wasn't oozing out of the gun, .50 cal seemed to shoot really well. The field I play at, doesn't have a lot of long range shots. The 3 balls that hit, all brake.

Not ready to give up on .50 spyders just not going to try is again without a motorized hopper. Till then the gun went back with my brother to Mississippi. To bad he took my e-trigger with himů :P
another Mike...

#2 jdlarson11

jdlarson11

Uber Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

nice write up!

Are you going to try to use it again?

#3 lucasicool

lucasicool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:39 PM

I bought one for a great 70 dollars and seemed to like it. Like GI- Milsims hopper i bought the invert halo reloader and then created a small adapter. End of day... 105 dollars spent and one happy me
Took it out to the field this last sunday and I had a good deal of fun. I forgot how much i had a love/hate relationship with mech markers.
Loving the new .50 caliber Spyders and saving for the GI Milsim NANO50 its like a victory... but smaller thats sweet

#4 bigballa

bigballa

Who's Your Papa?!?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:25 AM

I'm considering buying one...but my field doesn't allow BYOP unless you pay up the butt.
Posted Image
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

#5 OMGPaintball

OMGPaintball

Navy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

I'm considering buying one...but my field doesn't allow BYOP unless you pay up the butt.

so they will allow byo.50cal? or you are trying to counter balance the charge with cheaper paint?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users