• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JaMes123

JaMes123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:01 AM

Loads of shops are shutting down, and its really starting to bug me. Is it just that the United Kingdoms paintball community is just to small? How can I help support them? These are some of the questions i ask people and my self every day i see a failing store.

For example, there was a little shop in Oxford it was open for a very short time and before i could even go there it shut down. They sold all there paintball gear for Ridiculous prices and the closed up shop leaving the paint balling world.This may have been a small store but every little help - no plagiarism/copy intended

i have been playing paintball for a fairly short amount of time, about 1 and a half years in fact, and in all that time I have only heard of 2 paintball shops. None of which are near me and take me about an hour to get to.
The problem is soo bad that even fields are starting to not have paintball shops.
But its not like there aren't enough people to play paintball. I mean there are loads of people playing paintball at my nearest field, the only problem (not a bad problem) is that they, like i was, are new to the game and play it for the purest of reasons - to have fun....
We as fortunate community of paintballers need to advertise the posibilites that paintball offers to the average every day 'fun player'.

Doing this can only do good, one thing it will do it provide the motive for shops to start up and help supply these new players, and it will also grow the dwindling/small paintball community in the United Kingdom.

Edited by JaMes123, 25 October 2010 - 06:07 AM.

#2 L-Jay

L-Jay

I'm British I Drink Tea And Im Not Gonna Stop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

I think you may have un-covered the problem and that is that the quantity of players using their own equipment is to small. Im lucky to have a field about 40 mins away that does have a small shop and the owner is a lovely chap, but I dont think that we are ever going to see a paintball shop being set up in the middle of the Guildford high street as the demand just isnt their.

Online stores seem to be monopolising the real trade, but I think thats just something that we are going to have to live with here.

Where abouts in the UK are you mate?
Posted Image

"We are not out gunned, we are in a target rich environment!"

Mike Phillips what? Are people telling paintball players to go to slutload.com and search "paintball"? I ain't got time to watch people just going at it on the paintball field like the world's gunna end, I got choir practice in the morning. Praise the Lord!

#3 JaMes123

JaMes123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:03 AM

SE london

#4 Blarg

Blarg

"\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:35 PM

I guess Aberdeen's lucky to only have one shop, and it's fairly successful.
By which I mean it always has atleast 2 or 3 customers in every time I go.
Posted Image

#5 leo

leo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

I think the on-line stores are monopolising the trade as they are there, you know they are there. If you live in right down south and the nearest shop is in North England then you think that it is easier to go on-line and get it posted for you rather than spending hours in a car.

If life gives you lemons.............Sell them and make a business

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users