I see ALOT of guys here just posting spam to get more most counts <_<
iPump

#3 Jamiek695

Jamiek695

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:39 AM

Not really a complaint just a heads up. Just thought I'd let you know that the user named "Shepp" is really spamming up the Paintball News forum with, well old/ worthless news. He posted about 2 pages worth of almost useless information. It could really clog up the forum and not allow users to really see the "News." To be honest it seemed he was posting just to post and wasn't making logical threads to cause reasonable discussion.

Not asking for him to be banned just to have the posting toned down.

Thanks

LOL Think you will find buddy, That (Shepp) Is Co Shepp off youtueb-Masschapter... ring anybells.. Well, He is one of the main peeps along side Mike.. So I think he can probally continue to post stuff up. I think they are just trying to get it moving.. ect.. as some people will know about the latest.. things some wont. Or want to know more about it.. See what your saying.. but that is Kinda what he does/job on here..

#4 BAMitsON

BAMitsON

BROKE member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

shepp really helped out this site together
<!--coloro:#708090--><span style="color:#708090"><!--/coloro--><!--coloro:#708090--><span style="color:#708090"><!--/coloro--><div align='center'><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro--><strike>$$</strike> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><a href="http://www.techpb.co...7&#entry106707" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro-->BROKE TechPB Players Club<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro--> <strike>$$</strike><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div><div align='center'><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro-->.: BAMitsON :. .: ciolfi0118 :. .: ItalianGigalo :.
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#5 Fender

Fender

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:13 PM

shepp really helped out this site together

Clinton really helped our economy, so it's okay that he fooled around with another woman?

I agree with the OP. Paintball news needs to be NEWS. Not just some neat article he found.

#6 solid

solid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

LOL Think you will find buddy, That (Shepp) Is Co Shepp off youtueb-Masschapter... ring anybells.. Well, He is one of the main peeps along side Mike.. So I think he can probally continue to post stuff up. I think they are just trying to get it moving.. ect.. as some people will know about the latest.. things some wont. Or want to know more about it.. See what your saying.. but that is Kinda what he does/job on here..

I don't think that should matter. I'm sure EVERYONE is happy about people putting in work to help this site but just because you helped out shouldn't give you a free pass to spam up the forum.

My .02
^ that guy is amazing

#7 T-Freak

T-Freak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

whoa shepp is an Admin? his topics are rather....Noobish?
iPump

#8 Fender

Fender

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

I don't think that should matter. I'm sure EVERYONE is happy about people putting in work to help this site but just because you helped out shouldn't give you a free pass to spam up the forum.

My .02

Very well said.

#9 invert.mini

invert.mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

Not everyone is in the know around here. Techpb is trying to reachout to those who are just getting into the sport. Though it may be old info and news, it isn't necessarily worthless.

#10 Jamiek695

Jamiek695

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

Not everyone is in the know around here. Techpb is trying to reachout to those who are just getting into the sport. Though it may be old info and news, it isn't necessarily worthless.

I agree, Granted its not NEWS up to date.. stuff but things like a XSV Velocity article.. telling you about it ect.. to you that maybe Cr*p but to other's its something to look at, or help you decide if you want one.. I think people are.. getting to worked up over this. But to be fair.. there isnt exactly News eveyday in the Paintballing world..?? So it keeps it ticking over.. until something major crops up..

#11 TampaBrock

TampaBrock

Still in Tampa, Still playing ball

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:29 PM

Most of these news posts are just to get the forum active, to test the capabilities of the forum, as well as other post specific tests (images, links, etc.)
Check out my Website | my Twitter @tampabrock | my APPA info

#12 android17ak47

android17ak47

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:14 PM

We are working on keeping the forums cleaned of old threads. From now on please dont report any of these threads that the admins made as we are taking care of them accordingly. Thanks for your concern tho..

#13 paintballermason

paintballermason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:52 PM

Come on, just let it go, this forum just started up. I thought it wwas annoying too, but I think we want him on our side.

#14 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:04 PM

Those were RSS feeds that created the garbage posts but we wanted to add some news quickly and current and we thought would be the quickest way. We found out the hard way it was more work than help. So i am sorry if anyone was bothered by it. We are working to resolve it and it should be handled and resolved shortly.

Thank you all for your support. I will be closing this topic.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users