• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kings182

kings182

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

I was browsing ans gear to decide what to get for my birthday and i decided to get a new marker. The two markers i have decided on are the dangerous power g4 and the invert mini. I have seen reviews of both markers and they seem to be up to par with what they are claimed to be. However i really have not had a clear understanding of the pros and cons of both of the markers and how they compare against each other. I have heard that the g4 is a solid gun and it is definetly recomendable to anyone. The firing modes are cool and the matinence is pretty simple. The only nightmare story i have heard from someone is that their regulator broke. Also the g4 may have some bolt stick but mike from techpb already went over that. With the mini for some people its small in the hands for me its not that bad. The mini i have heard has many problems that can occur. I am not sure if this can occur with the generation 3. They are both good markers let me know what you think of both of them and try to establish the pros and cons of both of these markers and how they compare against each other. Thanks.
Everydays a battle. The winner is determined by who gets
out and left standing above all the rest.

#2 arjuns

arjuns

^made by the great People4Paintball^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

im pretty sure they took out all the kinks with the mini's the g4 has a failbolt tho, and the new empire axe is coming out, idk if itl be by your bday, but me personally would look used, because for that price you can prolly find a used marq7, which is an "old" supergun, and will blow both of those away, in the 300 range is a nice spot for some more old superguns if you can find em, prolly and old ego or dm too, id still stick with a marq series tho, my dream gun :wub:
If your travelling at the speed of light in a car, when you turn your headlights on,
will they do anything?

ETEK1 owner, NFL Fan, HS Baller

#3 FreestylePaintballer

FreestylePaintballer

TechPB's Resident Mexican

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

ok, lets see:

Mini:

Pros)
Smoother shot
A tad bit more efficient
Tiny size (personal preference makes this either a pro or con)

Cons)
Tiny size (again, your own preference makes this a pro or con)
No on/off asa
(All the cons i can think of)

Dangerous Power G4:

Pros)
Tiny(preference)
RAPS On/off asa
Lighter

Cons)
Kicky
the company is a little shaky

All in all, i suggest you hold each of them in your hand for the final decision. you cant go wrong with either, they are both great markers, but everything has its advantages and disadvantages.

#4 thedevils

thedevils

LOOK AT IT! ^^^ ʇı ʇɐ ʞool ^^^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

the mini has been around much longer has had all the kinks worked out, but the g4 is a nice gun, you cant go wrong with either

My sig has been had by Groundfire since it was way too big!!

#5 AznEastside

AznEastside

It's Britney Bitch.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:25 AM

Invert Mini

more efficient
smoother shot
smaller profile
quieter
backed by better company
easiar to maintain
less problems

but if you can buy used

you could buy a marq or a protege which are nicer options
Geniuses are ambidextrous, and paintballers are geniuses

Posted Image

#6 NTShooter

NTShooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:12 AM

buy a g3 instead of a g4

http://www.paintball...rworldwide.com/

Ask Me About Trading In For A New 2011 Marker! Don't forget about our used inventory as well! All playing Gear as well

http://www.youtube.com/user/NTShooter

Coming back soon!

#7 Krazy2544

Krazy2544

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

<br />buy a g3 instead of a g4<br />

<br /><br /><br />

thats wat i said

#8 andruuw

andruuw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

If you were deadset on one of these two for a buy, as much as I hate to say it, I would go with the Mini. The G4 is not only ready to shoot out of the box, it's also ready to give you solonoid problems as well as boltstick! Isn't that just some happy in a box -.-
Posted Image

#9 needzpractice

needzpractice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

Ya I thought about getting a G4 but it is just too much work. Get the GEN 3 Mini though, not the older models.
My Setup: Dye 2010 urban sandana, BT neck guard, JT carnivore goggles, Empire 2009 Contact Jersey, Planet Eclipse 2010 Distortion elbow pads, Empire Contact LTD gloves, Empire 2011 Grind slide shorts, Angle Acam pants, NXe pack, Proto SLG, Invert Too.

#10 BallStacks

BallStacks

Bad ass Unicorn Riding Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

I'm personally more of a G4 fan, prefer the look, But the Mini has been tuned to perfection, and Ans just released new colours so its all up to you. I don't mind the kick in a G4, kinda gives me a hard on :wub:. but it does have out of box issues (BOLTSTICK) :unsure: but its easily fixed, and the packaging on the G4 is really good, you dont get a goddamed barrel plug!! JESUS but of course thats personal preference. :lol: I don't like the minis cause the way everything is internally, and the fact that it took them forever to make it perfect.
Many people dont like having to perform maintenance and fix issues with their markers, but I'm a nerd and I love opening shit up, almost more then playing, so the G4's problems are music to my ears ;)
GET THE MINI!
I would have made a real signature, but then I got lazy

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users