8 replies to this topic

#1 DWAI

DWAI

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

im about to try out some first strike rounds what would be a good bore size also what would be a gud gun to use besides the tiberius guns
gun for sale or trade
1/0/0
gear - starframed ETEK, ninja 50/45, dye rotor

#2 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

You cant underbore with FS rounds, and they are quite large. I'd just use a .689 and call it a day.

any gun is the same if its not a tiberius gun....you will have to muzzle load them.

Posted Image

#3 steadian

steadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

I would say a .685 or larger, I did some tests of my own and in the middle the bore is .684 but the fins flare out to about a .685 to .686 ish

#4 DWAI

DWAI

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

thanks everyone
gun for sale or trade
1/0/0

#5 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

if you dont want to do some serious modding, you need to either use a tiberius arms marker, or muzzle load them. If you want to muzzle load them, you can take the feedneck off a cocker pump and do that fairly easy. Also, empire just came out with a new trracer which has a FS compatible breech, but they havent released a loading system for it yet.

And FSR bore size is .686 - .687 I believe. You cant underbore at all as they are plastic and not gelatin. So you are best off with like a .689 barrel.

My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#6 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

if you dont want to do some serious modding, you need to either use a tiberius arms marker, or muzzle load them. If you want to muzzle load them, you can take the feedneck off a cocker pump and do that fairly easy. Also, empire just came out with a new trracer which has a FS compatible breech, but they havent released a loading system for it yet.

And FSR bore size is .686 - .687 I believe. You cant underbore at all as they are plastic and not gelatin. So you are best off with like a .689 barrel.

Not quite correct. In guns not designed to shoot them, they can be loaded in the following ways:

Muzzle loaded- pushed backwards down the barrel from the front with a swab (single piece barrels only)
Breech loaded- pushed forwards into the barrel from the rear by either:
1. Modding the gun's existing feed opening with a dremel to allow you to put one in the breech.
2. Unscrewing the barrel and inserting the round into the barrel back
3. In some stack tubed markers (i.e. AutoCockers) you can remove the bolt and slide a round all the way through the body and into the barrel from behind.

#7 DWAI

DWAI

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

thanks again for the info i look into the tracer
gun for sale or trade
1/0/0

#8 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

I would say a .685 or larger, I did some tests of my own and in the middle the bore is .684 but the fins flare out to about a .685 to .686 ish

.685 is too small. I was just trying to shoot some out of my stock g6r barrel....and they fit WAY too tight. They dont break, but they have WAY too much drag. My .688 UL is perfect. They fit snug, but not too snug.

Posted Image

#9 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

Not quite correct. In guns not designed to shoot them, they can be loaded in the following ways:

Muzzle loaded- pushed backwards down the barrel from the front with a swab (single piece barrels only)
Breech loaded- pushed forwards into the barrel from the rear by either:
1. Modding the gun's existing feed opening with a dremel to allow you to put one in the breech.
2. Unscrewing the barrel and inserting the round into the barrel back
3. In some stack tubed markers (i.e. AutoCockers) you can remove the bolt and slide a round all the way through the body and into the barrel from behind.

sorry, I misspoke. When I said muzzle loading, I just made a blanket statement for loading it by hand. Yes, I know inserting it in through the breech is not muzzle loading, but thats what I was referring to. So yes, it is either 1 by 1 hand loading, or serious modding if you dont want a tiberius marker.

And IhasAcellular you are right. I have seen this too. If you try to underbore in even the smallest amount it really fucks with the FSRs... I shot some out of my .685 also, and they will shoot without breaking in the barrel, but they come out at an extremely reduced velocity because of all the drag. These things really like an overbore.

Also something I forgot to mention is that when I was talking to someone at Tiberius about this same issue, is they said if you use a bore matched barrel, or even a slight slight underbore, over time the plastic is going to wear off of the rounds and onto the inside of the barrel. At least thats what they said. So eventually you will have a thin plastic coating on the inside of your barrel which I would say isnt good.
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users