10 replies to this topic

#1 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

You're Not Alone, Except in Real Life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:39 AM

With my sniper, whenever I air it up, it'll shoot full velocity, but over the course of 15ish shots it'll shoot down until the chrono cant even pick up the velocity, regardless of bps. I've tried 2 regs and 3 ASAs, same issue. Anybody know what would be causing this?

#2 mjohns

mjohns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

When it drops off does it stay constant on the drop off or if you keep shooting it will just run out of air? The valve is simple inside of the marker and never seen this problem with all the cockers I have only thing I can think is it is starving for air. You said you changed rags and asa but have you tried a diff tank and are u using co2 or air.

#3 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:34 PM

I used HPA on it, and I've used the tank on other markers without an issue. The valve acts as if once it gets aired up initially, it just stops any more air from coming in. With that said however, I haven't shot it until there's absolutely no air in it, I just unscrewed the tank after the chrono stops picking up the velocity.

#4 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

Anyone? I was certain there was a solid sniper/ autococker owner presence here.

#5 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,790 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

Maybe it needs some more oil? Idk its weird something that simple isnt working correctly.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#6 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

That's what I was thinking. Put quite a bit of oil in it tonight, and hoping for the best. Really hoping that works, as I don't have an autococker valve tool to take it apart with.

#7 mjohns

mjohns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:52 AM

That's what I was thinking. Put quite a bit of oil in it tonight, and hoping for the best. Really hoping that works, as I don't have an autococker valve tool to take it apart with.

Yes it sounds very odd. What would help out is if you had a reg that had a gauge port on the output side of it like a cp long or what ever they call it. I bet you would see your pressure drop after the first shot or two and stay low. The valve system is a poppet design so your spring rates are staying constant so that wont change your velocity the only other thing that I can think that would change your velocity would be the pressure in your valve chamber. Stupid question but what is the output pressure on your reg and or tank?

#8 mjohns

mjohns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:59 AM

Also not sure if you can link to outside sites but for a valve tool. http://customcockers...9422#post179422

#9 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

Not sure on the output of my tank, for some reason I'm thinking it's 650ish. It has a gas through grip on atm, and before then the reg that was on it (Sparta reg), I believe can go up to 850psi, so more then my tank would crank out anyways

EDIT: Thanks for the DYI mjohns.

Edited by WhatsHisFace, 06 November 2010 - 12:21 PM.

#10 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,790 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

Tank output pressure shouldnt matter. All mech cockers run at around 450psi i believe so a pump with a gas through grip would be fine.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#11 mjohns

mjohns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:59 AM

Not sure on the output of my tank, for some reason I'm thinking it's 650ish. It has a gas through grip on atm, and before then the reg that was on it (Sparta reg), I believe can go up to 850psi, so more then my tank would crank out anyways

EDIT: Thanks for the DYI mjohns.

I have not tried making that tool, but I don't see why it would not work, but i would weld the coupler to the threaded rod if you have the capability. I have a "real" valve tool so I don't have to worry about it. To bad its not a mech cocker so you could put a gauge on the front block cause i think that is what is going on, but I could be way off here. Only other thing i can think is that maybe for some reason your valve set screw backed out or your valve nut has moved?? but that would cause your valve to move around per say and one would think you would have low velocity issue always not a shoot down problem. One more thing to try I just thought about, I know you have tried a few different ASA's on the marker but i would screw your tank in till it bottoms out and turn it out a quarter turn cause I have seen it where the flow was blocked before by the pin on the asa some what. I am also running both my cockers on a ninja tank and dropped the output to around 500 psi with no problems ???

Tank output pressure shouldnt matter. All mech cockers run at around 450psi i believe so a pump with a gas through grip would be fine.

I know pre 2000 mech cockers run at a higher pressure, but my 2000+ cocker is running at approx 275 when i sweet spotted the reg.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users