Photo

Official Fort Knox Planning Thread!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Fort Knox! (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Fort Knox?

1. Voted Love it! (Who wouldn't?) (17 votes [94.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.44%

2. Hate it! (Dear God! WHY?!) (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hello NW Indiana Ballers! If you're here, you most likely know what Fort Knox is. First off, let me say this: I am not employed by Fort Knox. They are not paying me to make this thread. I am doing this for the good of the baller community in Indiana.

Now that I have that out of the way, let's get this started! This is the thread where you can plan visits to Fort Knox! Post when your going to open play or big games! Let's try to get a good group of TechPB players into some big games in the coming year.

Since the year has just started, please recommend this forum to other members you know that play at FKP. I love to ball. I know you all do. This is a chance for Indiana (Illinois too!) ballers to get together and have fun! Let's make this forum great. Please participate in this forum. Add pics, videos, or stories from times you were there. Everyone who posts gets their name on a shiny list!

MEMBERS

- Jarz (Owner/Head)

-Mutt

-Salvation

-OLDSCHOOL93

tbald14

Edited by Jarz, 20 February 2011 - 10:02 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Mutt

Mutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

I've played there quite a few times, great field and great staff. I'm going to try and make it up there for opening weekend ( have a teammate who's never played before going to give it a try then).
Most likely, a lot of us will be up for the Greed game.

#3 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

Havent been there since area 51 and the pirate ship went up. I think only 12 buildings in the western town were up the last time.

Disposable Heroes has there team meeting at the end of the month and I know a Knox game or two is on the agenda. I'll keep you all posted!

Kevin
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#4 OLDSCHOOL93

OLDSCHOOL93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Havent been there since area 51 and the pirate ship went up. I think only 12 buildings in the western town were up the last time.

Disposable Heroes has there team meeting at the end of the month and I know a Knox game or two is on the agenda. I'll keep you all posted!

Kevin

Look forward to seeing you guys there.
NWI Paintballers

#5 tbald14

tbald14

I sleep under a big Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

Team Absolute will be there opening weekend and for a at least 3 of the Big Games.
Griz
Team Absolute - Captain
Team Absolute
Valken Paintball
We are always looking to grow, If you interested shoot me a PM

#6 Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

I'm going out of state from Michigan to Alabama and ft Knox(Indiana) to paintball while on vacation this summer
Super Nintendo, Sega Gensis, when I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this.
-Biggie Smalls
Learned the hard way not to use a speedfeed when its raining. 8/6/11

#7 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

The team really likes the field (formerly Akicita) and its only a couple hours up the road.

I have to admit at first I didnt like the "in the round" setup it had but as the field grew it became alot more playable. I can only imagine what its like now!

Im sure we will make at least one event (probably one of Payrolls) as we have always had a blast with the WOW crew.

See ya on the field!

Kev
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#8 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

Hey guys, I just found out I will have my sports schedule tomorrow, so I hope I can play Knox in two weekends. My uncle offered to buy me paint (He helps out; He loves me playing paintball), and the admission is cheap. I think I'm ready! The 6th alright? Any other suggestions? I'll check my schedule and get back to you. I hope we can meet up and have a nice time.
Posted Image

#9 Fort Knox Paintball

Fort Knox Paintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

Fort Knox Paintball
7485 N US HWY 35, Winamac, IN
46996 (1 1/2 hour SE of Chicago)

Posted Image
http://www.fortknoxpaintball.com/
Phone: 574-946-4988
Email: fortknoxusa@yahoo.com

BYOP BYOP BYOP BYOP BYOP BYOP BYOP

Posted Image

In todays world $ means everything. Outlaw militias have began to form with only greed in mind. The more land you own the more $ you make. The more side jobs you complete the more $ you earn. Be careful the banker protects and keeps track of all your money and transactions electronically.

Visit www.fortknoxpaintball.com for Registration info and details.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#10 Mutt

Mutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

Hey guys, I just found out I will have my sports schedule tomorrow, so I hope I can play Knox in two weekends. My uncle offered to buy me paint (He helps out; He loves me playing paintball), and the admission is cheap. I think I'm ready! The 6th alright? Any other suggestions? I'll check my schedule and get back to you. I hope we can meet up and have a nice time.

I'll be out there the weekend of the 13th. A teammate is getting to use her Sl8R for the first time.

#11 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

I'll see. I think I'm playing the 5ht or 6th. Maybe we could meet at a big game or another day?
Posted Image

#12 tbald14

tbald14

I sleep under a big Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:11 AM

Hope to at least see a few of you out there on the 5th
Griz
Team Absolute - Captain
Team Absolute
Valken Paintball

#13 Mutt

Mutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

I'll see. I think I'm playing the 5ht or 6th. Maybe we could meet at a big game or another day?

You going to be out there for Greed? We will be.

#14 OLDSCHOOL93

OLDSCHOOL93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

Hope to at least see a few of you out there on the 5th

I will be there.
NWI Paintballers

#15 tbald14

tbald14

I sleep under a big Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

Very nice, ill will be looking forward to possible meeting up and getting a few games in?
Griz
Team Absolute - Captain
Team Absolute
Valken Paintball

#16 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

Griz! I'll be there on the 5th! Wanna team up with me and my four guys?
Posted Image

#17 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

Disposable Heroes is scheduled to hit up Knox on the 12th or 13th. Too short notice for this weekend. :angry: I may not make it myself due to budget and limited hours at work right now. I let you know if any of the guys head up that weekend.

Kev
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#18 old Guy088

old Guy088

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

I will aslo be out there on the 5th...and quit possibly the 6th....see you all out there.....rain/snow or sunshine.....I will be there

#19 Fort Knox Paintball

Fort Knox Paintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

additional Greed Big game info...

Timeframe

Friday 4/8

2pm Gates open for primitive camping

Download camping waiver

Day 1 (Sat.) 4/9

8am Registration Opens

11am Player Briefing

12am Game On!

3-4pm Lunch Break

4-7pm Game On!

Day 2 (Sun.) 4/10

8am Registration Opens

9:30am Player Briefing

10am Game On

12:30-1:30pm Lunch Break

1:30-3:30pm Game On

Awards and free giveaways to follow promptly after game ends up front

Everyone will get a chance to win free giveaways! Including (3) 2011 Season Fort Knox Big Game Passes!

Buy any case of paint from Fort Knox or Warped Sportz (Schererville, IN) and receive a raffle ticket to win a TM-15 Limited Edition Marker

*Need not be present to win

Game Details

Payroll Productions & Fort Knox Presents

Greed: Money Never Sleeps

April 9th & 10th

Event Specific Rules

Please refer to Fort Knox House rules for general scenario & big game rules, these rules pertain to event specifics that may alter between other games you have played

general scenario & big game rules

Commanders[

Leading the red side will be Lefty from team Rage In Paint

Leading the green side will be Terry from team Unforgiven

Both of these commanders have an excellent team backing and this should make for an excellent game!

Insertion Points

Occur every 15 minutes with a 5 minute window

Typical insertion points will be used for this game.

Area 51 near the front

Netted dead box in the back of the woods near the Fort field

At the start of the game and after each break there will be a fifteen minute window for NEW players only to enter into the game, after this normal insertion rules apply.

The last hour of Saturday and Sunday play wil be constant insertion. The only exception is if the commanders talk with their side and agree to a final battle on Sunday.

Starting insertions points will be announced soon. Insertion points will flop only on day two. For example if your teams insertion is Area 51 you will have this IP for all of Saturday and will then insert from the back starting on Sunday.

Props

Jewels, medallions, & gold will be located throughout the field. These props may not leave the field for any reason other than cashing them into the banker at the end of game play. You may cash them into the banker at the end of each half, the end of day one, the end of the first half of day two, or BEFORE the end of the game on Sunday.

Slapstick Scoring

Commanders discretion. A commander calls all the shots in this game. They even decide when or when not to score their flag stations. A flag station may only be scored every 30 minutes, no sooner. The commander or his XO is the only person who will be allowed to tell event staff to score flags. Failure to wait 30 minutes between counts will result in losing flag count that was made before 30 minutes. It is understood that a five minute period may occur from the time a flag count is requested and the time it takes event staff to report back flags for scoring. Not only will you need a person to call the flag check on the field you will also need a person at the banker to collect your money from the flag count as well.

Banker

The Banker will be located at a middle grounds off the field of play. He is there to bank your money. All money is handled electronically with a card that each commander will keep in their possession. This card is very valuable and can not be stolen when doing body searches. This card is what will decide the game. Everything in the Greed game is based off of $. Flag scores, missions, props, purchasing MOS's or special items all will have a impact on your final dollar amount that declares a winner.

The Banker can not be taken hostage or killed. It is a good idea to keep the banker happy. An unhappy Banker may not be willing to do business with you or may charge you more for special items.

The Bankers location will be made known the day of the game. The Banker may have special items for sale throughout the game so check back often. You may bargain with the Banker for items that they have for sale.

MOS's/Prices

Medic = 50k

Hand Grenade = 50K

Demo/LAW Operator = 100K comes with five shots

Transport Chopper = 150K can't be shot down by a law

Sniper = 200K

Check back with the Banker often as his deals and items for sale change frequently through out the game. The above prices are subject to change if your side happens to make the Banker angry. Keep in mind that the above items will take your total dollar amount down and the deciding factor in a win or a loss is $. Availability on some items may be limited.

We will not find out the final scores until each commanders card is placed into the electronic reader at the end of the game to decide a winner!!!

Law Rockets

Before shooting a law rocket you must notify a referee who then punches your law card. The law rocket must it or hand inside of the object you are shooting at. If it does it will eliminate the entire structure with the exception of the castle. It takes a rocket for each level to completely clear the castle. Any man made structure can be blown up with a law rocket.

Transport Choppers

Can transport up to 10 people (hand on shoulder) method anywhere onto the field of play safely. They have a ten minute time limit and can not be shot down or shot at for any reason. Opposing players may not follow the aircraft and all players can not engage until the pilot takes a knee, this action deems all players alive and can be shot or eliminated.

Search the Body

If you eliminate an enemy player, before they begin to move you can shout "search the body" the enemy player must then remain in their spot. You have a reasonable amount of time to make it to them and gather any game props or cards they may have. Medic cards, law rockets, sniper cards, props of any kind, can all be stolen.

Event staff reserves the right to change, omit, or add to these rules at any time with or with

#20 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for everyone that came out on the 5th! My gun kept chopping brittle paint, so I didn't get a ton of play time, but when i was playing it was great! Thanks! Hope to plan another (warmer) outing soon!
Posted Image

#21 tbald14

tbald14

I sleep under a big Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

Who is all planning on going to greed?
Griz
Team Absolute - Captain
Team Absolute
Valken Paintball

#22 AL GORE

AL GORE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:25 PM

I'll be going to greed, im also bringing a couple of my friends to.

#23 OLDSCHOOL93

OLDSCHOOL93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

NWI will be there !
NWI Paintballers

#24 tbald14

tbald14

I sleep under a big Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

What sides?
Griz
Team Absolute - Captain
Team Absolute
Valken Paintball

#25 OLDSCHOOL93

OLDSCHOOL93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

Not sure what side yet, I will post it as soon as I find out.
NWI Paintballers

#26 OLDSCHOOL93

OLDSCHOOL93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

Looks like NWI will be on the green team for this one.
NWI Paintballers

#27 tbald14

tbald14

I sleep under a big Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

Very nice.
Griz
Team Absolute - Captain
Team Absolute
Valken Paintball

#28 vanznaz

vanznaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

It would be a disgrace not to go! With that sweet bridge, that just put Knox even further on my list for being number 1. I'll def be there...

Edited by vanznaz, 18 March 2011 - 07:23 PM.

#29 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

I wanna go, but with my team's first tournament coming up in July, and not many of us making tons of cash, looks like we might have to sit this one out. It's a shame. Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Fort Knox Paintball

Fort Knox Paintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image

For those who haven't seen the Bridge on the River KWAI & POW Camp. Check on the website for the latest pics. www.fortknoxpaintball.com

#31 PBGerbil

PBGerbil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

Your fields look pretty sweet...I'm deciding between the Goonies event or the D-Day event in Anderson in July.

I will be there for open play either this weekend or next. I spent last weekend (unintentionally) destroying an old autococker at Proving Grounds over at Sheridan. The managers there were pretty cool, but their fields were extremely, EXTREMELY run down.

I just wish you guys were closer to West Lafayette...

Got a question for ya, do you recommend a certain day (Sat. or Sun.) for walk-ons, or is it pretty much the same for both?
Ego X | Crossfire 68/45 | VL Vlocity | Sly Profits | PE Overload | Proto Menace
TechPB Feedback | CustomCockers Profile

#32 OLDSCHOOL93

OLDSCHOOL93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

Goonies will be a good game, you should come out for it.
NWI Paintballers

#33 PBGerbil

PBGerbil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

I'm PRETTY sure I will, $65 a case scenario paint in Anderson is a huge turn-off. May just drive back and forth for a couple nights instead of finding a hotel, my car is just a gas guzzler =P

#34 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

Open play, the day usally doesn't matter, but the best time of the year is near the end. About 12 of us went on the last day of teh season, and it was just us and about two other guys! It was great, because we all brought our dads and "kids v. dads" was such fun! More kids are bringing their dads again. The dads like paintball a lot They wouldn't get into it now, but they like doing it once or twice a year. I'll be at open play on June 12th or 18th. Anyone in?
Posted Image

#35 OLDSCHOOL93

OLDSCHOOL93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

You can camp at fort knox or the state park is just down the road for camping. I have always had fun at open play at FK. Opening day there was 150 players there for open play.
NWI Paintballers

#36 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

I still remember playing with ya, Old School. I think everyone had a great time.
Posted Image

#37 PBGerbil

PBGerbil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:08 PM

Nice
I'm pretty sure I'll be there on June 4th, and probably again on the 18th. 70% Sure right now that I'm going to be doing Goonies as well XD

#38 PBGerbil

PBGerbil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:45 AM

Had a great time this Saturday. Your fields are excellent, the refs were extremely professional and helpful. Fantastic field and people overall, I'll be back on Sat. the 18th!

#39 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

Had a great time this Saturday. Your fields are excellent, the refs were extremely professional and helpful. Fantastic field and people overall, I'll be back on Sat. the 18th!

I was just coming into the forum to announce that! I'll be there with a group of friends on the 18th. Anyone else wanna come and play?
Posted Image

#40 PBGerbil

PBGerbil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

I was just coming into the forum to announce that! I'll be there with a group of friends on the 18th. Anyone else wanna come and play?

Def. will be there. By the way, there's been a bit of a mosquito problem as of late. I'm bringing a big can of repellent, as well as the following:

Posted Image+Posted Image= win?

Gonna see if the owners are okay with this. I use em for my porch all the time, so I don't see why not...
But just imagine...THOUSANDS DOZENS of these around the rest area....

I would def. recommend bringing bug repellent. I know they've been trying to spray down as much of the area as they can, but the mosquito bites have been far worse than getting hit my paintballs lately D:

#41 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

The 18th was GREAT! PBGerbil played amazing, and now I kinda want a Cocker. He gave me the best quote after I almost played shirtless. All in all, I'd take Pan (PBGerbil) as a teammate any day, even though he wasn't on my team. Donovan was a great ref, and it was cool seeing Amos today too. Hey, we all gotta pick a day this fall to play and bring our families. My friends and I will bring our dads, and some guys, like NWI should bring their kids. Old Men v. Young Guns. Pan is still young; we get him. lol.
Posted Image

#42 PBGerbil

PBGerbil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:09 AM

That's a fantastic idea man, count me in...
Let's line up all the old guys and shoot at them!

#43 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

No fair! I think I qualify as an old guy...Grrr.....Oh well shoot at or with makes no difference to me as long as everyone has a good time! Just wish my girls were old enough to come out to.

Kev
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#44 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

No fair! I think I qualify as an old guy...Grrr.....Oh well shoot at or with makes no difference to me as long as everyone has a good time! Just wish my girls were old enough to come out to.

Kev

How old are your girls? Last year we snuck in a 9-year-old who played a lot of airsoft and recball. I don't think they cared. I'll be out there in the fall, and I'll let you all know when I'm headed there.
Posted Image

#45 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

They are 6 and 8. Although my oldest could almost pass for 10. Shes pretty tall for her age. I dont mind waiting just to be on the safe side.

Keep me posted on the next gather at Knox. My budget wont allow me to hit Goonies as Im taking the girls to see the grandparents in Mich. later this month. Oh and if your playing for the Fertellis tell Brian "Boomer" that Salvation says to hit you up with a mission or two. Hes my old Team Capt. and hes the CO for the Fertellis.
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#46 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

I think I'll be going in October, after I hopefully get my Axe.
Posted Image

#47 PBGerbil

PBGerbil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

Nice man, let me know and I'll tag along!

#48 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

Big game next weekend, who's going?
Posted Image

#49 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

How do people feel about Thanksgiving weekend? We'll most likely be getting a huge group out sometime in mid-to-late November.
Posted Image

#50 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Opening weekend, anyone?
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users