• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ohio86

Ohio86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:08 PM

I'm looking at doing graduate school at Mankato in Minnesota. Granted being in grad school this means I will have no life, I'd still like to know what the paintball scene is like just in case I was able to on the weekend or such. Can anyone let me know what the scene is like?

(I play airball and woodsball)
"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=138720 -Link to my feedback forum

#2 5N1P3R

5N1P3R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

Well Mankato the college actually has a team that plays at APPG all the time. I practiced with them a couple weeks ago and it was awesome!

APPG is an excellent field in Minnesota. The airball field is great. Nice bunkers and the grass is great. Also, I heard their woodsball fields are really cool as well. Their staff is really chill and know what they are doing. I believe it is only 30-45 minutes away from the campus as well.

The whole MSU team is really cool as well :tup:

#3 blackmagic71

blackmagic71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

I played for/with the MNSU guys back around 2005-2006 when it was more of just a school club instead of a team thing. It was alot of fun, I remember doing some splat tag big games with them, going to MN Pro alot, and we made an effort to meet at the Buffalo Wild Wings down town on a regular basis. Not sure what it's like any more because I havent done any thing with them since then.

There are a number of good fields in the area though, including MN Pro, Xphere, Tommy Guns, and Air Assault which is an indoor field in the Twin Cities.

Typically now my friends and I in the area are pretty laid back, we never do any tourny type of stuff but we'll hit up open play once in a while and then we'll make trips for Big games and Scenario games at Splat Tag or Oklahoma d-day or cpx.

In the area the Splat Tag big games are alot of fun. They usually do one towards the end of the month in spring, summer, and fall, with maybe 200-600 players depending on the game.

Edited by blackmagic71, 09 May 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#4 Drednaught X

Drednaught X

Forum Ghost

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

If you want current info on the team, I believe member named Swatforce is on the team.
I played against them in the NCPA, good group of guys.

As for the area, as blackmagic71 said, there are many good fields in the area. He got most of the good fields in his list, but want to add that even though Splattag is In WI, its still my field of choice for woodsball.

On a side note, anyone living in or staying in the Minnesota area, feel free to come visit the MN ballers club in my sig. Its a great place to network and meet other players!

Edited by Drednaught X, 23 June 2011 - 05:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users