17 replies to this topic

#1 Pokey

Pokey

Half Asian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:56 PM

I was wondering if it was possible to fill my HPA tank at home using an air compressor.
Posted Image

I am under 18 and pay for all my gear.

ETEK 3 LT | Dye Rotor | Ninja 68/4500

#2 tippmannr

tippmannr

Ronald McDonald FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

No. Unless you have a scuba tank.

Gewn Owners V4

MY FEEDBACK

Those charges are bullshit and you know it. How was I supposed to know he was 9?

My Photo Bucket

#3 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

no, hpa tanks go up to 4500psi, compressors go up to 150psi

Edited by WiscoBaller, 12 November 2010 - 06:05 PM.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#4 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

Unless you have a shoebox compressor...........no

http://shoeboxcompressor.com/

Posted Image

#5 pumpbusters

pumpbusters

Hasa Diga Eebowai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

^^ either that or a scuba tank, both aren't worth it.

First After Mike!

what did I tell about doing that?

"If at first you don't succeed pump, pump again." -me

#6 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

if you just want to test for leaks or something else extremely simple, you could use a bike pump.
you will only get about 100-200psi(maybe more), but it will be enough to test for leaks.

i wouldnt recommend doing this all the time, but in a bind, its something to be aware of.

Edited by Pakistani, 12 November 2010 - 09:46 PM.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#7 Iktinos

Iktinos

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

So....., yes, you can fill your tank at home. Most home compressors will have an operating pressure of sub 150 PSI. This means that you will only be able to fill your tank to whatever the pressure of the home compressor. If you want to fill a 3000 PSI tank, then using a SCBA tank with the adapter will help out a bit. Granted, you will only get as much pressure is in the SCBA tank, meaning that your first fill, if you have a completely empty tank, will probably get you 2800-2900 PSI. After that, as you use your air, each fill will get you less air pressure. You can also spend quite a bit of money, and get yourself a commercial compressor. This will give you the fills to were you want/need them, but if you only fill a tank at a time, and don't fill that often, it won't be a good spend of your money. They are pricey, and you also need to spend a bit of money on other things, like a large bottle or two for filling, and a fill station.

The cheapest method for filling a 3000 or 4500 PSI tank from your home compressor, is to get the Shoebox compressor. From what I remember, it is a second stage compressor. Meaning that you still need your home compressor to get it started, and it boosts from the home compressor up to 3000 or 4500 PSI. Like the idea with the expensive commercial compressor, if you get yourself a couple of bottles that can take a 4500 PSI fill, you can run them in series with the compressor and get nearly instantaneous fills like at a paintball field.

#8 Viz

Viz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

My brother just bought a pump and an adapter for filling up HPA tanks (Im not entirely sure that's the adapter..) My 48ci 4500 tank can be filled up to 4200psi in about 20-25 minutes.

#9 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

My brother just bought a pump and an adapter for filling up HPA tanks (Im not entirely sure that's the adapter..) My 48ci 4500 tank can be filled up to 4200psi in about 20-25 minutes.

didnt know they made 48/45... the closest i know to that is the 45/45, 49/45 (RIP) and the 48/30....

#10 Blarg

Blarg

"\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

Unless you have a shoebox compressor...........no

http://shoeboxcompressor.com/

This or a scuba tank. Either probobly isn't worth it. You'll probobly save more money simply filling at your store or field.
Posted Image

#11 Viz

Viz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

didnt know they made 48/45... the closest i know to that is the 45/45, 49/45 (RIP) and the 48/30....

http://www.ansgear.c...a484500tank.htm

;)

#12 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:04 PM

Shoebox compressor is a better bet, that hand compressor is 179$ and A lot of work :lol:

What you NEED to do is mark your territory, Pee on/in the WHOLE school. I mean EVERYWHERE just SOAK IT.

↔↔ Beasty Barrel Socks ↔↔ 46/0/0↔↔

#13 Viz

Viz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

Shoebox compressor is a better bet, that hand compressor is 179$ and A lot of work :lol:

$200 dollars cheaper and ~10x faster? It's not that much work either.. it's like pumping up a bike tire for 20 minutes :D

#14 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

$200 dollars cheaper and ~10x faster? It's not that much work either.. it's like pumping up a bike tire for 20 minutes :D

Well if your super buff like beasty here and squat 700lbs and curl 500lb that would be easy, but for you scrony no lifers this is a workout. :dodgy:

What you NEED to do is mark your territory, Pee on/in the WHOLE school. I mean EVERYWHERE just SOAK IT.

↔↔ Beasty Barrel Socks ↔↔ 46/0/0↔↔

#15 Viz

Viz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

Well if your super buff like beasty here and squat 700lbs and curl 500lb that would be easy, but for you scrony no lifers this is a workout. :dodgy:

Well then I suppose it could be considered a dual-purpose machine... B)

#16 Iktinos

Iktinos

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

Keep in mind, that pump isn't meant to fill a large volume up to 3600 PSI (Or whatever the pressure it said was). It's meant for a much smaller volume chamber. We are talking air rifles that have anywhere between 135 CC (8.24 CI) and 215 CC (13.12 CI) in size, at 2000 PSI, or that get 35 or 70 shots from the air chamber. Unless you are using a 13 CI or 22 CI tank, at 3000 PSI, you are going to be pumping for quite a while. Also, the adapter isn't needed at all. It's so you can screw the ASA onto a CO2 tank, and then hook that up, via the female coupler, to an air rifle with a male end coupler (Like a fill nipple). Good luck with that, you may find that just going to your local store to get air is going to be easier on you in the long run.

#17 one shot- one kill

one shot- one kill

Get Some!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

free HPA fills at my field Posted Image

but the cheapest way is to probably just fill it at your field. if your playing outlaw ball use steelies(you can get about 3 for the price of 1 carbon fiber tank) and get them all filled at your field then just switch them out.

#18 rossroni14

rossroni14

The King of Trades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

no, hpa tanks go up to 4500psi, compressors go up to 150psi

or 3000

no i get my filled at a local sport store, or i have a field 5 minutes away from my house

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users