10 replies to this topic

#1 Shoultsinator

Shoultsinator

Tartan Clad Paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

for fields that are FPO, can you bring you own .50? my guess is no, but its not like im running to wally world buying monsterballs
"I have swat on my shirt and a pegasus underneath, therefore I am Agg!" - some guy at my field
Posted Image

See here's the thing, people who complain about people who are complaining and in turn people jump on the person who is complaining about the complainers by complaining about his complaint because they don't think it's fair because this is the place to complain and they don't think it's fair to complain about the complainers complaining about their complaints so they respond by complaining about him complaining that they shouldn't complain in the section where they should be complaining when it's actually his right to complain about complainers and the complainers are complaining about his complaint, well guess what, that makes you all a bunch of hyprocites.

BOOM

Complaints department closed, come back during regular office hours bitchesssssssssss

My Feedback 2/0/0
My APPA Info

#2 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

Generally FPO means FPO, yo. Call the field to confirm.

...And why the hell would anybody want to shoot .50 cal?

#3 Drednaught X

Drednaught X

Forum Ghost

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

Yah, gonna have to call them and ask. It will vary between owners.

...And why the hell would anybody want to shoot .50 cal?

Why not?

Edited by Drednaught X, 22 November 2010 - 06:23 PM.

#4 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

Why not?

Because it is nothing more than the latest money-making scheme from a group of guys that would sell out the entire sport of paintball to make a quick buck? Because it's proven to be an inferior product, despite the blatant shill marketing targeting players with more money than sense?

#5 Trum_15

Trum_15

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,327 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:02 AM

Why not?

Because it is nothing more than the latest money-making scheme from a group of guys that would sell out the entire sport of paintball to make a quick buck? Because it's proven to be an inferior product, despite the blatant shill marketing targeting players with more money than sense?

have you shot it? some people like being able to play a whole day on nothing but a hopper and two pods. some people play snake, and love 50 cal. some people play woods and love to be able to get that one ball though think brush to get that one guy out. no need to bash someone that likes 50 cal just because you don't like change. who know maybe one day 50 will be the superior product. you don't know, no one does.

#6 Drednaught X

Drednaught X

Forum Ghost

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

Why not?

Got any data or evidence to support those claims? Do you have extensive experience with .50 cal? How is it inferior? Its something different, a unique aspect. I personally see this as a golden answer for rental groups. There is larger potential for owners not make more money, and less pain for the new players. Its not like its going to be a evil corporate takeover, at least not for a long, long time. And with "targeting players with more money than sense," how would you explain people buying a new ego every year? or a Dye? i dont hear anyone calling them a starbucks or a Wal Mart.

#7 Scheele

Scheele

I sell propane and propane accessories.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Why not?

Got any data or evidence to support those claims? Do you have extensive experience with .50 cal? How is it inferior? Its something different, a unique aspect. I personally see this as a golden answer for rental groups. There is larger potential for owners not make more money, and less pain for the new players. Its not like its going to be a evil corporate takeover, at least not for a long, long time. And with "targeting players with more money than sense," how would you explain people buying a new ego every year? or a Dye? i dont hear anyone calling them a starbucks or a Wal Mart.

Last I checked neither Dye nor Planet Eclipse claimed that their newest guns shoot farther, more accurate, and cheaper. G.I. Sports is a gathering of the most notoriously skeezy people in the industry, PE is full of some of the greatest engineers in the game and Dye's marketing guys are fucking geniuses.

I have played around with the .50 cal. stuff before. As it stands, it's an inferior product. Less range, less accuracy and less breakage. We shot a nano @ 330 fps and they were bouncing at 30ft. Epic lamesauce.

FPO fields aren't restricting off-field paint because they are worried about walmart junk. It's FPO because the field makes their money on selling their paint. Unless you get them to stock .50 cal as a field paint, you aren't going to be shooting it. Simple as that.
Dirt. Army
Dirt. Apparel: all Canadian made, all dirty as fuck.
Dirt. Apparel Website is up and running. Also check out the Facebook.

#8 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

Why not?

http://www.mcarterbr...ics/50tech.html

#9 ~Sean~

~Sean~

Super Cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

It's obviously going to be illegal unless your field sells the paint.

#10 AKADINGO

AKADINGO

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

Why not?

http://www.mcarterbr...ics/50tech.html

Their testing was inaccurate and bias. No chrono proof of the guns. no solid target zone. and no FIXED shooting mechanism. There was LOTS of human error in that test. Also, did you notice the Orange ball that hit WAY off to the left of the cardboard? And their grouping of .68 cal was much larger than 12.5 inches. You have for .68 cal a gun from 2000 that is using a after market barrel. You have for .50 cal a 2009 milsim marker using stock barrel and it is a V.1 gun. That shocker has probably gone through all the upgrades imaginable to make it shoot well. If you;ve ever owned one of those beasts you know 1st hand how much of a pain in the ass they are stock and how much they BLEW.

Nothing is wrong with .50 cal. It is actucally less expensive and an alternative to some players. I see it as Excellent marketing for young guns. ages 8-16 that are usually playing under parental supervision. also good for rental use.

oh and btw Kingman is also another company on FULL production of .50 cal. I have used both GI and Kingman product for .50 cal and the Kingman guns hopper and the Diablo Formula 13 paint are superior to GI.

Edited by AKADINGO, 24 November 2010 - 06:35 AM.

PLAY LIKE TODAY IS YOUR LAST
Feedback> http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=113914

#11 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

Since this is TechPB, and there doesn't seem to be any requirement for posts to actually contain an iota of useful information, intelligence or even civility, my response to you is this: I fart in your general direction. :P

In all seriousness, I'm normally the biggest advocate of people shooting whatever makes them happy. In this case, I just can't abide the product or the people behind it. During the height of a major economic downturn, their brilliant money-making scheme was to push a patently inferior product on the unsuspecting player base via a fear campaign and blatant shill marketing. Personally, I found it despicable to behold. Knowing the facts, I can't reckon why anyone would invest in this product, least of all a field to use as rentals. The last thing a new player needs is a rental marker that doesn't shoot nearly as far as the opposition at the field. That kind of thing most assuredly adversely affects their paintball experience and likelihood of coming back.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users