Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

http://www.huffingto...94.html#s189509

What to think of this?

Some old bitch predicted WWIII would start in November of 2010 as a conventional war, then end in October 2014, but there would be nuclear and biological warfare before the end.

IS THIS IT?

(I'm doubtful, BUT WHO KNOWS)

Btw, Sasquatch, you're stationed in South Korea, what's going on?
Cat Owners club|Dog Owners Club| Christan Ballers Club|Ballers Without Girlfriends club| Lost+Lonely Baller|Indiana Ballers Club|Was Grazi #53

Posted Image

Sponsored by Pinokio Hoppers|Paintball Asylum|Empire Paintball

#2 MIBaller

MIBaller

Gun Tech Guru

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:08 AM

Technically we havent been in a war since ww2 everything since has been a police action. Police actions can last up to a month and dont have to be approved by congress but it can be extended.
My Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=108194
HAVE AN OLD GUN AND THE BOARD IS FRIED GIVE ME A PM.
Posted Image

#3 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:10 AM

Technically we havent been in a war since ww2 everything since has been a police action. Police actions can last up to a month and dont have to be approved by congress but it can be extended.

Vietnam wasn't a war?

The Iraq/Afghanistan dilemma wasn't a war?

Anyway, I'm not even talking about the US. It's North and South Korea, and as we all know, North Korea is driven by a midget with nukes.
Cat Owners club|Dog Owners Club| Christan Ballers Club|Ballers Without Girlfriends club| Lost+Lonely Baller|Indiana Ballers Club|Was Grazi #53

Posted Image

#4 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

North Korea is driven by a midget with nukes.

sig worthy
Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#5 FXHD Sharky

FXHD Sharky

The Apex Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Location:Home: Murrieta California, Stationed: Ft Hood Texas, Deployed: Northern Iraq

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

once again North and South Korea are at each others throats threatoning combat action as a response to blah blah blah heard it all before. Is anything gonna happen? Probably not, did anything happen during the nuclear testings? no. So why would 1 artillery incident spark ww3?

#6 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

You do know we're still at war with North Korea, the only thing stopping the bullets is a cease fire.

#7 NateDaGreat

NateDaGreat

Master Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

once again North and South Korea are at each others throats threatoning combat action as a response to blah blah blah heard it all before. Is anything gonna happen? Probably not, did anything happen during the nuclear testings? no. So why would 1 artillery incident spark ww3?

cause north Korea is ran by idiots, and if north attacked south you know it america will be right there helpen the south

You do know we're still at war with North Korea, the only thing stopping the bullets is a cease fire.

this....
Posted Image
My Feedback Click Here 9,0,0

Because a fucking sandwich started World War I.

People that hate me: Drexler, GhillieSuitPaintball, BEASTY, anyone else want on the list? Just pm me..

#8 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:02 PM

Posted Image

#9 NateDaGreat

NateDaGreat

Master Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:05 PM

sigged
Posted Image

People that hate me: Drexler, GhillieSuitPaintball, BEASTY, anyone else want on the list? Just pm me..

#10 FXHD Sharky

FXHD Sharky

The Apex Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Location:Home: Murrieta California, Stationed: Ft Hood Texas, Deployed: Northern Iraq

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

not sure if you know this but about 99% of the world is ran by idiots, though I doubt most people would be able to do better in their shoes, regardless, this whole ww3 thing isn't gonna kick off in korea

#11 NateDaGreat

NateDaGreat

Master Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

not sure if you know this but about 99% of the world is ran by idiots, though I doubt most people would be able to do better in their shoes, regardless, this whole ww3 thing isn't gonna kick off in korea

i disagree
Posted Image

#12 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

World War 1 was not started by super powers, it was by two small country's, alliances then were brought into play and it became I global war. I can see the same thing happening here.

More then likely, it's either going to start in Korea or Iran. My money is on Korea, Kim Jong ill II is a little nutter.

Edited by drexler, 23 November 2010 - 02:22 PM.

#13 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

World War 1 was not started by super powers, it was by two small country's, alliances then were brought into play and it became I global war. I can see the same thing happening here.

Except people generally learn from their mistakes, or past events.

I doubt the russians would back them, neither would the Chinese.

#14 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

cause north Korea is ran by idiots, and if north attacked south you know it america will be right there helpen the south

this....

You do realize that the north JUST attacked the south....right? You also know that the North has China, and Russia backing them. The US really....really....doesnt want to get involved.

And apparently SK was shooting into disputed waters........They started this one.

Edited by IhasAcellular, 23 November 2010 - 02:23 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

If you haven't noticed, large wars usually happen over the smallest things.

Like a pickled ear, for instance.

Posted Image

#16 FXHD Sharky

FXHD Sharky

The Apex Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

not sure if you know this but Korea is basically a super power, they have the same capabilities as us, and a military force to match. It won't happe there because the North and South have been taking little pop shots at each other for years sparking some huge scare of ww3 starting off. But they never follow through. They are smarter than that, who wants ww3 to kick off in their homeland? In an age with massive nuclear arsenals? HE weaponry? the devastation to the country where the fighting is taking place would be catastrophic. North and South Korea are famous for having greatly decorated cities with beautiful surrounding areas. Now tell me do you honestly think that they would risk the lives of countless millions, and the obliteration of their major cities all for the sake of dealing a blow to their counterparts? Now, a place where this would start off, s a place where civil war has been the norm for many many years, where enemies have opposing alliances with super powers, and a place capable of a mass destablization. IE Afghanistan, iran, or several countries in Africa. All of them have been wrecked with civil war and known fighting for many years, and to top it off they are going through massive changes right now. Maybe not Iran, but in Afghanistan and Africa, our military is giving equipment and training to the locals military, on top of that we are placing their government in more power. Now that is usually a good thing, but in the case of these countries, the taliban for afghanistan, and the rebels in Africa, are supported throughout the rest of the world by countries opposing those who support the warring countries governments. Now do you see why I do not think it will happen in korea?

#17 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

Vietnam wasn't a war?

Anyway, I'm not even talking about the US. It's North and South Korea, and as we all know, North Korea is driven by a midget with nukes.

Vietnam wasnt a war............seriously....do they not teach this shit anymore?

Posted Image

#18 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

Vietnam was a conflict. It was never declared a war.

China could put a boot up North Koreas ass if they wanted to. N Korea has been limping for years and using China as their crutch. China is worried that if N and S Korea united that a lot of militants from N Korea would go to China and start causing problems there.

Stuff like Vietnam is hardly even touched in general history classes. ^^ World war II was basically a footnote in my college history class. :unsure:

"--Germany invades Poland
--Germany beats everyone up
-- USA comes in and helps beat up Germany
-- Japan blows us up
-- We blow Japan up
-- War ends"

Edited by Username, 23 November 2010 - 02:29 PM.

National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#19 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

Vietnam wasn't a war?

Vietnam wasnt a war............seriously....do they not teach this shit anymore?

Posted Image

Someone is obviously not too great at history.

-points at self-

Posted Image

#20 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

not sure if you know this but Korea is basically a super power, they have the same capabilities as us, and a military force to match. It won't happe there because the North and South have been taking little pop shots at each other for years sparking some huge scare of ww3 starting off. But they never follow through. They are smarter than that, who wants ww3 to kick off in their homeland? In an age with massive nuclear arsenals? HE weaponry? the devastation to the country where the fighting is taking place would be catastrophic. North and South Korea are famous for having greatly decorated cities with beautiful surrounding areas. Now tell me do you honestly think that they would risk the lives of countless millions, and the obliteration of their major cities all for the sake of dealing a blow to their counterparts? Now, a place where this would start off, s a place where civil war has been the norm for many many years, where enemies have opposing alliances with super powers, and a place capable of a mass destablization. IE Afghanistan, iran, or several countries in Africa. All of them have been wrecked with civil war and known fighting for many years, and to top it off they are going through massive changes right now. Maybe not Iran, but in Afghanistan and Africa, our military is giving equipment and training to the locals military, on top of that we are placing their government in more power. Now that is usually a good thing, but in the case of these countries, the taliban for afghanistan, and the rebels in Africa, are supported throughout the rest of the world by countries opposing those who support the warring countries governments. Now do you see why I do not think it will happen in korea?

I do, but then again, you look at the instability of North Korea's leader, also backed by the fact that the NK unveiled their nuclear program yesterday.

I believe if we brought the might of the NATO countries down on NK, we'd probably win, even with China backing NK.

Btw, as of 2006.

PERSONNEL
Total Population: 23,479,088 [2008]
Population Available: 12,414,017 [2008]
Fit for Military Service: 10,280,687 [2008]
Reaching Military Age Annually: 392,016 [2008]
Active Military Personnel: 1,170,000 [2008]
Active Military Reserve: 4,700,000 [2008]
Active Paramilitary Units: 189,000 [2008]

ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 16,400
Tanks: 3,500 [2006]
Armored Personnel Carriers: 2,500 [2006]
Towed Artillery: 3,500 [2006]
Self-Propelled Guns: 4,400 [2006]
Multiple Rocket Launch Systems: 2,500 [2006]
Mortars: 7,500 [2006]
Anti-Aircraft Weapons: 11,000 [2006]

AIR FORCE
Total Aircraft: 1,778 [2006]
Helicopters: 612 [2006]
Serviceable Airports: 77 [2007]

NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 708
Merchant Marine Strength: 167 [2008]
Major Ports and Harbors: 12
Aircraft Carriers: 0 [2008]
Destroyers: 0 [2008]
Submarines: 97 [2008]
Frigates: 3 [2006]
Patrol & Coastal Craft: 492 [2006]
Mine Warfare Craft: 23 [2006]
Amphibious Craft: 140 [2006]

Source
http://www.globalfir..._id=North-Korea
Sources: US Library of Congress; Central Intelligence Agency

Edited by drexler, 23 November 2010 - 02:31 PM.

#21 NateDaGreat

NateDaGreat

Master Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

this....

You do realize that the north JUST attacked the south....right? You also know that the North has China, and Russia backing them. The US really....really....doesnt want to get involved.

And apparently SK was shooting into disputed waters........They started this one.

I disagree, america would definitely go into the war...
Posted Image

#22 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

North Korea having a nuclear program really is not something to worry about.

There are many other countries besides the U.S. that don't want them having nuclear capabilities.

Judging by past actions from China it seems they won't even want their N Korean allies to have nukes.

Edited by Username, 23 November 2010 - 02:36 PM.

Posted Image

~ Thomas Jefferson

#23 FXHD Sharky

FXHD Sharky

The Apex Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:37 PM

[/quote]

I do, but then again, you look at the instability of North Korea's leader, also backed by the fact that the NK unveiled their nuclear program yesterday.

I believe if we brought the might of the NATO countries down on NK, we'd probably win, even with China backing NK.

Btw, as of 2006.

PERSONNEL

ARMY

AIR FORCE

NAVY

Source
[/quote]

now who in their right mind would want to fight that? Even if you had a superior fighting force, the amount of death and destruction is unfathomable by todays generation. Hell, I just don't think another world war will happen just because of the fact that it would end so much life that I doubt humanity would be able to recover. All I foresee is many small conflicts with super powers supporting small warring nations as a way to deal glancing blows indirectly at each other.

#24 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Vietnam wasn't a war?

Never taught us on Vietnam at my school. Basically what the teacher said is when most of the people who fought in Vietnam die then they can start having schools talk about it. Talking about it will offend too many veterans.
Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#25 Hibiki54

Hibiki54

Lord of the Western Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

The last FORMAL Declaration of War enacted by Congress was WWII against the Empire of Japan, Nazi Germany, Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania.

The Korean War is consider a UNSCR or a United Nations Security Council Resolution in which the United States, on behalf of the UN, engage in military acts against an opponent/nation. Similar engagements include Operation Desert Storm, Bosnian War, and Op Enduring Freedom. The Vietnam War was an order by Congress for extended military action in the country of Vietnam. Going as far back as the Quasi War against France in 1798 which resulted in the Treaty of Mortefontaine and Barbary Wars against Tripoli and Algiers are some Pre-WWI actions. Post WWII actions, including Vietnam, Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm, Afganistan and Iraqi Freedom.

All of these are examples are war participated by the United States. However, none are FORMAL declarations of war.
Posted Image

#26 Scheele

Scheele

I sell propane and propane accessories.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

Whatever happens, I hope that we don't get dragged into it. That whole "with us or against us" thing really put a number on Canada's willingness to do anything for our southern neighbours.
Dirt. Army
Dirt. Apparel: all Canadian made, all dirty as fuck.
Dirt. Apparel Website is up and running. Also check out the Facebook.

#27 JJ GBR

JJ GBR

RIP Borg. Never forgotten.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

I'll go and pack my webbing.

#28 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

A Pentagon spokesman said the U.S. military is not working on any specific response to North Korea's attack on a South Korean island Tuesday, but is consulting with South Korea's military about steps that could ease tensions rather than increase them. U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates was to speak to his South Korean counterpart to discuss the situation.

The Pentagon spokesman, Colonel David Lapan, said that in addition to the ministerial phone call, the U.S. military command in Seoul is in close contact with its South Korean counterparts. But he said there is no particular plan for a response or for any increase in the joint U.S.-South Korean deterrent force, which includes 25,000 U.S. troops.

"I wouldn't say that we are looking at anything in particular at this point," said Lapan. "We are still monitoring the situation and talking with our allies. I wouldn't say that there's anything that's been initiated because of the incident."

Lapan said any military incidents on the Peninsula increase tensions. He indicated that U.S. and South Korean officials are taking a cautious approach, concerned that a military response, even after several North Korean attacks and provocative statements, might only make the situation worse.

"We are mindful of the tensions on the Peninsula and what actions may either exacerbate or calm them. So, it's too soon now to tell what actions may be taken as a result of this."

Separately, Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell declined to speculate on why North Korea launched the attack. He told the MSNBC news channel the Pyongyang government is "extremely unpredictable," and said "they do things that you could not possibly have predicted in a rational world." Morrell also said it would be difficult to put any more sanctions on North Korea than it already has. And he added, "This is a regime that is determined to bypass the sanctions, to not abide by its international obligations."

Colonel Lapan said no U.S. troops were involved in the South Korean military exercise on the island that was attacked Tuesday, but he said Americans have participated in that event in past years. And, he said, there is no plan to cancel expected joint naval exercises off the Korean and Chinese coasts, not far from the island that was attacked. Both Pyongyang and Beijing have said they would see such an exercise as an aggressive act.

"We and the Republic of Korea, throughout the year, conduct exercises," said Lapan. "We always point out that these are not offensive in nature. They are to exercise our inter-operability with the Republic of Korea. And, they should not be seen as directed in a threatening manner at anyone."

Lapan said there is still no firm plan for when the naval exercise will be held. U.S. officials have said it will include an aircraft carrier, which is among the largest and most capable warships in the world.

http://www.voanews.c...-110173049.html

Video:

http://www.reuters.c...E6AM0YS20101123

Edited by Username, 23 November 2010 - 02:51 PM.

Posted Image

~ Thomas Jefferson

#29 MIBaller

MIBaller

Gun Tech Guru

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

Vietnam wasn't a war?

Nope they were police actions never were congress approved.
My Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=108194
HAVE AN OLD GUN AND THE BOARD IS FRIED GIVE ME A PM.
Posted Image

#30 Sallario

Sallario

Welsh and Proud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

I just hope everyone is smart enough if a war does kick off to not go launching nukes.

I think a war will happen. But I think more likely just between NK and SK. Don't know if it will escalate any more.
Posted Image
Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head

#31 Kin

Kin

Wokka Wokka Wokka!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

Just in case no one mentioned this.

The Chinese are allies with North Korea.
The U.S. are allies with South Korea.

Now you see our problem

Edited by Kin, 23 November 2010 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image

i dont shoot them, i greet them in the nude and invite them into my house to talk about jesus.

#32 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

China is allies with North Korea.

Now you see our problem

China isn't allies with N.Korea - they just aren't at eachothers throat. They maintain "friendly" relations, but I can guarantee they wouldn't fight with them, and incase you haven't noticed they also denounce N.Korean nuclear tests.

#33 NateDaGreat

NateDaGreat

Master Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Now you see our problem

China isn't allies with N.Korea - they just aren't at eachothers throat. They maintain "friendly" relations, but I can guarantee they wouldn't fight with them, and incase you haven't noticed they also denounce N.Korean nuclear tests.

If i was china i would play it like this to. China just doesnt wanna get nuked lol
Posted Image

#34 .SP0NGE.

.SP0NGE.

25% Polyester, Do not bleach.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

many small conflicts with super powers supporting small warring nations as a way to deal glancing blows indirectly at each other.

That was essentially what happened all throughout the Cold War.

I also find it highly unlikely that we will ever completely stop fighting wars, police actions, armed conflicts, or whatever the fuck you want to call them. We humans are just too stupid to figure this one out. There will always be people who aren't pleased with another country's actions or policies, and there will always be people who make poor decisions.

On another note, what the hell happened to all of our aircraft carriers?

#35 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

Now you see our problem

If i was china i would play it like this to. China just doesnt wanna get nuked lol

the Chinese are essentially trying to be neutral right now. Besides any war where China and the USA are on opposite sides is so unlikely you would sooner have the reunification of S/N.Korea... the USA and China are so intertwined economically these days, any conflict between then would be devastating to both of the economies... and I'm talking both countries would basically cease to function on any level.

The USA owes china billions upon billions of dollars, if not close to trillions, just as they do to the USA.

#36 Snake Doctor78

Snake Doctor78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:57 PM

The last FORMAL Declaration of War enacted by Congress was WWII against the Empire of Japan, Nazi Germany, Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania.

The Korean War is consider a UNSCR or a United Nations Security Council Resolution in which the United States, on behalf of the UN, engage in military acts against an opponent/nation. Similar engagements include Operation Desert Storm, Bosnian War, and Op Enduring Freedom. The Vietnam War was an order by Congress for extended military action in the country of Vietnam. Going as far back as the Quasi War against France in 1798 which resulted in the Treaty of Mortefontaine and Barbary Wars against Tripoli and Algiers are some Pre-WWI actions. Post WWII actions, including Vietnam, Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm, Afganistan and Iraqi Freedom.

All of these are examples are war participated by the United States. However, none are FORMAL declarations of war.

Veterans know its WAR. We were there.

I hope that North Korea Pulls there heads out of there butts and soon.

#37 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

many small conflicts with super powers supporting small warring nations as a way to deal glancing blows indirectly at each other.

I also find it highly unlikely that we will ever completely stop fighting wars, police actions, armed conflicts, or whatever the fuck you want to call them. We humans are just too stupid to figure this one out. There will always be people who aren't pleased with another country's actions or policies, and there will always be people who make poor decisions.

It's statistics on NK, not us..

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#38 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

Now you see our problem

the Chinese are essentially trying to be neutral right now. Besides any war where China and the USA are on opposite sides is so unlikely you would sooner have the reunification of S/N.Korea... the USA and China are so intertwined economically these days, any conflict between then would be devastating to both of the economies... and I'm talking both countries would basically cease to function on any level.

The USA owes china billions upon billions of dollars, if not close to trillions, just as they do to the USA.

Last time I heard it was in the trillions.

I don't think WW3 would even be fought with soldiers, probably unmanned vehicles that have C4 on them.

:dodgy:

sigwf.png

#39 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

Now you see our problem

Last time I heard it was in the trillions.

I don't think WW3 would even be fought with soldiers, probably unmanned vehicles that have C4 on them.

:dodgy:

Do you think they'll make C4 holes?! :o

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#40 ibunkeru666

ibunkeru666

what do i type here?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

[/quote]
[/quote]

Btw, as of 2006.

PERSONNEL

ARMY

AIR FORCE

NAVY

Source
[/quote]

you do realize we have done that before right? the korean war was fought by UN forces not just the US, and china still backed them and russia (unofficially) and it still ended it the bloodiest stalemate in the 20th century.
Posted Image
Ion Owners Group #1 ETEK OWNERS GROUP #17

#41 FXHD Sharky

FXHD Sharky

The Apex Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

true but then you also have to look at the nations pottentially about to go to the war outside of the Korean penninsula. Take the U.S. for example. We have been at war since 9 11. We have thrown unimaginable amounts of money into this "War" and have fought it till now and will continue fighting it for several more years. The citizens of the U.S. are tired of war, they are tired of seeing their soldiers fighting and dieing, they are tired of it. Our country won't be able t fight another war at this time. Then look at North korea's allies. Not sure if you know this but they, like us, are tired of war and do not have a strong enough economy to start and continue a war of such scale. The whole thing is just an overeaction of the media on a simple artillery strike. Governments are willing to accept small losses like these in order to prevent the destruction of a country. Yes one day there may be another world war, but it is not this day, nor tomorow, and probably will not happen for another decade.

#42 fallenwings28

fallenwings28

K&OJ = Bliss.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

Can someone give me the lowdown of whats going on?
all i know is that north korea hit south korea.
Canadianballersclub.

#43 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

The threads about this in ST are much more entertaining, not gonna lie.

#44 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

ST?
Posted Image

#45 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

Small Talk, PbN's Off Topic Chatter basically.

#46 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

true but then you also have to look at the nations pottentially about to go to the war outside of the Korean penninsula. Take the U.S. for example. We have been at war since 9 11. We have thrown unimaginable amounts of money into this "War" and have fought it till now and will continue fighting it for several more years. The citizens of the U.S. are tired of war, they are tired of seeing their soldiers fighting and dieing, they are tired of it. Our country won't be able t fight another war at this time. Then look at North korea's allies. Not sure if you know this but they, like us, are tired of war and do not have a strong enough economy to start and continue a war of such scale. The whole thing is just an overeaction of the media on a simple artillery strike. Governments are willing to accept small losses like these in order to prevent the destruction of a country. Yes one day there may be another world war, but it is not this day, nor tomorow, and probably will not happen for another decade.

You do realize that in the 1930's, WWII brought the US out of the depression. Roosevelt just worsened it. Wars are (statistically) good for economies.

Posted Image

#47 FXHD Sharky

FXHD Sharky

The Apex Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

You do realize that in the 1930's, WWII brought the US out of the depression. Roosevelt just worsened it. Wars are (statistically) good for economies.

But that was also an economy where all the jobless went straight to the military as soon as the war started. Our military is currently forcing soldiers out because we have to many thus meaning that not nearly as many spots would be available at the onset of the war, granted further down once the population has dropped a few million there will be, and at that point, so much land will have changed hands, so many people will have died, that less people will have acess to more money circulating thus improving the economy. So yes you are correct about the improvement to the economy, but starting the war would be the problem, we dont have the economy to "START" a war right now and neither do the other super powers. Mankind has grown smarter as a whole since the last world wars and does not want to see another. On top of that both countries are being told by their respective allies not to start it, in the end if a war does start, it will be South korea and North Korea with possible logistics support only from their allies, not a world war.

#48 .SP0NGE.

.SP0NGE.

25% Polyester, Do not bleach.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

:facepalm

#49 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

:facepalm

Indeed, USA stats. Oh, and on military strength, us is rank 1, NK ranked 20

PERSONNEL
Total Population: 303,824,640 [2008]
Population Available: 144,354,117 [2008]
Fit for Military Service: 118,600,541 [2008]
Reaching Military Age Annually: 4,266,128 [2008]
Active Military Personnel: 1,385,122 [2008]
Active Military Reserve: 1,458,500 [2008]
Active Paramilitary Units: 453,000 [2008]

ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 29,920
Towed Artillery: 5,178 [2001]

AIR FORCE
Total Aircraft: 18,169 [2003]
Helicopters: 4,593 [2003]
Serviceable Airports: 14,947 [2007]

NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 1,559
Merchant Marine Strength: 422 [2008]
Major Ports and Harbors: 10
Aircraft Carriers: 11 [2008]
Destroyers: 50 [2008]
Submarines: 75 [2008]
Frigates: 92 [2008]
Patrol & Coastal Craft: 100 [2008]
Mine Warfare Craft: 28 [2008]
Amphibious Craft: 38 [2008]

#50 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

you know those stats are only half, they dont tell us everything about our military.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users