• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Yabadabadoo

Yabadabadoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

if my spyder esprit uses 800psi to operate can i put a LPR on it? will i also NEED to put an HPR on? can i use it with co2?
im looking at the
Trinity Spyder VS Front with LPC
http://www.actionvil...om/011-269-0070

#2 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

I think you're confusing terms here.

LPR stands for low pressure regulator. These are used to control the pneumatic operation of certain paintball markers (not Spyders)

HPR stands for high pressure regulator. Typically mounted as a foregrip in a vertical ASA, these regulate your air tank's output pressure down to the level your marker wants to operate at.

Lastly, LPC stands for low pressure chamber. These increase valve chamber volume, allowing you to slightly reduce operating pressure (with regulation and proper springing). They haven't been shown to improve performance via efficiency or any other quantifiable means. I'd save my money rather than spending it on the item you linked.

As for your Spyder, if it works fine at 800psi, don't bother adding a regulator to it. Spend that money on field fees, paint, etc., go play and have fun, and save a bit for when you get a hankering for another marker.

Edited by riddler, 25 November 2010 - 03:29 PM.

#3 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

There ARE Spyders out there with LPRs, but these are guns that have been converted to electropneumatic operation with an Odyssey "The One" kit or something similar.
The other situation might be a "Spimmy" conversion- An Intimidator mounted around a modified Spyder body.

#4 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,207 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:16 AM

Well, spyder EM1's have LPRs, but then again, they aren't your typical spyder.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#5 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:33 AM

Yes, you can add an HPR to a spyder. No, you cant add an LPR unless you want to built it into a spimmy (spyder/timmy hybrid. basically you take an intimidator and stick it in a modded spyder body, as said above).

I would say if you want to do this because you are dissapointed with the spyder's performance, I would just recommend saving your money to buy a higher end marker. you will be more happy with it in the end. you can pick up a spyder electra 09 for 140 bucks new which has eyes and a regulator. they shoot very well.

but if you still want to add the reg, it is possible. You would typically want to buy a low pressure conversion kit. This involves different springs and i believe a volume chamber as well. It will make it shoot better, but I would still recommend saving for a slightly higher end marker.
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#6 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

yeah, dont waste your money on useless shit, and dont buy another spyder. just save up for an blitz or a envy (vibe) when it comes out. or even a mini/g4/pmr. you got choices bro. and upgrading spyders shouldn't be one of them :P

#7 Yabadabadoo

Yabadabadoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:50 AM

I already have a blitz with a CP ASA, CP barrel, new feedneck, and i sent it in for them to install 20bps full auto
Im just decided to make myself a gun instead. Ive already changed every piece of the gun that i can except for the front block

#8 .SP0NGE.

.SP0NGE.

25% Polyester, Do not bleach.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

yeah, dont waste your money on useless shit, and dont buy another spyder. just save up for an blitz or a envy (vibe) when it comes out. or even a mini/g4/pmr. you got choices bro. and upgrading spyders shouldn't be one of them :P

Unless you're making a spump :)

#9 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

Unless you're making a spump :)

true that. i would rather spend money upgrading my azodin any day than any spyder lmao

#10 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

yeah, dont waste your money on useless shit, and dont buy another spyder. just save up for an blitz or a envy (vibe) when it comes out. or even a mini/g4/pmr. you got choices bro. and upgrading spyders shouldn't be one of them Posted Image

Unless you're making a spump Posted Image

true that. i would rather spend money upgrading my azodin any day than any spyder lmao

And how is your azodin so special? It is a spyder clone dont ya know? And if you azodin were so special, why would you need to spend money upgrading it anyway?
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users