6 replies to this topic

#1 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

So i recently converted my Stock WGP Trilogy Sport into a pump. I think the main problem is is that I'm losing pressure. The worse part is I can't use HPA due to my location and lack of resources so i had to use CO2. I think the main problem was the loss of pressure in the gun itself. I tested it out before the conversion adn It did shoot a little on the low side so I think i might turn up the velocity a few 1/4 cranks. Not only that but i was running low on CO2. Don't blame me for using CO2, it's the only resource i have in this cruddy place.

#2 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:32 AM

So what is the problem? Is is shooting at low velocity over a chrono? Is there a leak near the pump rod or down the barrel? Did you keep the washer in front of the spring?

#3 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:17 PM

When it did shoot, it was a LOW velocity. Dropping balls 50 then 40 then 30 ft. Should I turn up the velocity? IT was shooting low when i first got the gun (that and the bore was way too big, had alot of rollouts and double feeds.) Checked to see if the washer was there and it was.

It is leaking air out of the barrel. I can feel it come out of the barrel and the feed neck.

Edited by Dak-Attack, 27 November 2010 - 11:22 PM.

#4 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:37 AM

Excellent info!

Alright. Air the gun up, but first before you do cock the gun. Once cocked then aired, is it still leaking?

If it is still leaking the culprit is most definately the cup seal. You will need to inspect it for dirt and grime, or cracks. If you pull the spring out thats in front of the washer, the cup seal and valve pin assembly should be stuck to the other end of the spring.

You can try to increase the velocity as well via IVG at the back, but it wont help one little bit. If the trilly sport is stock (no added inline regulator, just an expansion chamber), then the only way to increase inlet pressure is to fill your co-2 tank again, and see if its still leaking. What may be happening is that your tank is low and it doesnt have enough pressure to keep the cup seal closed.

So in summary:

-Try cocking the marker before airing up and see if the leak persists
-inspect the cup seal for dirt, grime or damage
-get a co2 fill and try again.

PS. if your trilly sport by some long shot chance does have an inline adjustable regulator you can try to turn up the pressure with that to increase inlet pressure and close the cup seal.

Edited by Danny D, 28 November 2010 - 02:42 AM.

#5 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

I did cock before shooting like Mike said in the video when playing with cockers. IT leaks after the shot so yes it may be that I'm running low on CO2 and the cup seal is not sealing. It's a new gun so there shouldn't be and dirt and grime in it.

#6 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

Its a good idea to check it anyhow and lube up the valve pin. Its really easy to check it out, and gets you in the habit of maintaining your gear. If you use a light oil it will last 1 month, if you use dow 33, the lube should last 4 months. Dont put any lube on the cup seal, just the valve pin.

Edited by Danny D, 28 November 2010 - 08:39 PM.

#7 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

Alright, thanks danny d!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users