• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

Ok so a lot of you saw Mikes video on the T9.1 where he shows the different ways of firing the T9.1. My question is... He shows it with firing the remote line Mag inserted, and firing the paintballs through the hopper. But he doesn't show if you can fire the First strike rounds with the remote line mags? Does anyone know the answer to this. Basically I wondering can you load the remote line ready mag full of first strike rounds and when they run out of rounds just rotate the barrel and begin shooting from your hopper with the remote line mag feeding air to both with just a twist of the barrel??? HELP!!!! Please post intelligent answers not what you think, what you know.

Edited by TommyVaughn, 09 December 2010 - 02:17 PM.

LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY... - GEN. PATTON

#2 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

Ok so a lot of you saw Mikes video on the T9 where he shows the different ways of firing the T9. My question is... He shows it with firing the remote line Mag inserted, and firing the paintballs through the hopper. But he doesn't show if you can fire the First strike rounds with the remote line mags? Does anyone know the answer to this. Basically I wondering can you load the remote line ready mag full of first strike rounds and when they run out of rounds just rotate the barrel and begin shooting from your hopper with the remote line mag feeding air to both with just a twist of the barrel??? HELP!!!! Please post intelligent answers not what you think, what you know.

Yes, you can fire FS or PBs out of the T4 mags.

Oh, and first.

#3 B-Dazl

B-Dazl

Brady "B-Dazl" Coleman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:30 PM

Everyone on this forum is so quick to answer FIRST.......... even if they are not paying attention to the question......

Yes, you can fire FIRST STRIKE from the remote mag and then switch over to the hopper to shoot regular paintballs on the T9.... as long as your T9 is converted to shoot FIRST STRIKE or you have a T9.1.... Also, you need to make the remote mag out of a 9.1 mag, that is set up to hold FIRST STRIKE...

The remote mag just replaces the quick-change adapter and runs a little pipe up through the magazine. On the bottom is a nipple to hook up a remote too.....

But remember, unless the magazine is completely out, the next ball loads as soon as the previous round is fired.... So if you try to go back and forth, you will have a 1-ball delay from FS to regular paint....

Hope this helps....
Brady "B-DAZL" Coleman
TEAM "FEEL THE PAINt"
Host - PBLive.tv
http://www.pblive.tv
R.I.P. - Special Ops Paintball

#4 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

Everyone on this forum is so quick to answer FIRST.......... even if they are not paying attention to the question......

Yes, you can fire FIRST STRIKE from the remote mag and then switch over to the hopper to shoot regular paintballs on the T9.... as long as your T9 is converted to shoot FIRST STRIKE or you have a T9.1.... Also, you need to make the remote mag out of a 9.1 mag, that is set up to hold FIRST STRIKE...

The remote mag just replaces the quick-change adapter and runs a little pipe up through the magazine. On the bottom is a nipple to hook up a remote too.....

But remember, unless the magazine is completely out, the next ball loads as soon as the previous round is fired.... So if you try to go back and forth, you will have a 1-ball delay from FS to regular paint....

Hope this helps....

Great feedback thats exactly what I needed to know. Got my next marker in the bag now that I got that info. thanks a lot
I wonder if they are gunna make a E board for this baby. can you image a selector switch with semi, and auto or ramping or w/e you like. That way you could have it switched to semi for the first stike then when you switch over to PBs you just flip that switch to E grip mode and tear shit up. that would be a beast of a gun even more than it already is lol

#5 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:51 AM

Everyone on this forum is so quick to answer FIRST..........

Funny that you say that after my post. Do a search for posts by me, with the word "First" and 99% will be related to "First Strike" rounds and not me going "First". I'm willing to be you will find the overwhelming majority of the topics I post too lengthy.

In this case, I did read the question. I simply misinterpreted 'T4' because I did not remember a T9 video with 'remote mags' but, I did remember a T4 video with 'remote mags'. My Bad. I have a lot of first hand information to offer about T9s. More on that below:

Great feedback thats exactly what I needed to know. Got my next marker in the bag now that I got that info. thanks a lot
I wonder if they are gunna make a E board for this baby. can you image a selector switch with semi, and auto or ramping or w/e you like. That way you could have it switched to semi for the first stike then when you switch over to PBs you just flip that switch to E grip mode and tear shit up. that would be a beast of a gun even more than it already is lol

I have to ask: Which gun are you talking about exactly? T9, T9.1, T4? It kind of sounds like the video you are actually describing is the T4 review where the remote line is built into the mag and, there is a 'selector switch' (the safety).

There is no 'remote line mag' for the T9 (while there is one for the T4), It's like B-Dazle said, the mag is converted. It only makes sense to do it to T9 mags because T9s have no other way of getting air. On the other hand, T9.1s have direct air connections which eliminate the need for mags with remote adapters (or even CO2 cartridges).

I have a T9 and it's a bit of a pain to go remote through the mag. You have to disconnect the air from the mag, drop the mag, replace the mag, reconnect air. It's not exactly quick.

If you have a T9.1, your air can go straight into the gun.

I don't know how much this applies to T9.1s but, the design is close enough to the T9 to at least consider it:

If you empty the mag, switching to the hopper can be difficult because the ball follower for FS rounds extends deeper into the breech opening than a normal PB mag, and catches the barrel, preventing it from rotating. While there is paint in the mag this isn't a problem. The overall greater breech thickness of T9.1 barrels might eliminate this problem but, since I don't have one, I can't rule it out.

You can rest assured there will not be a T9 E-Board for several reasons: No room in existing grip/lowers (the lower half of the gun, which is plastic). It would require a redesign of the regulator/trigger assembly and grip/lowers.

If you're considering getting a T9 to shoot First Strikes, don't. Get a T9.1 unless you're getting a good enough discount to overlook the lack of direct air, and the cost of converting the T9 to shoot First Strikes.

Edited by UV Halo, 08 December 2010 - 11:52 AM.

#6 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

Yeah sorry about the confusion. I was actually talking about the T9.1. I should have been more specific about that.

I was initially going to use the remote line mags but like you were saying it would just take to long to disconect air to change a mag every time. My question about that though is if i use the ASA doesn't it have a place in the bottom of it that you can put a remote line nipple. I would rather run a remote line with a bigger tank than those small one plus they look stupid in the those stocks.

Also since you have used these markers can you tell me how good they run with HPA? Does the HPA work good with the FS rounds? i would like to use HPA with the marker.

Is the T9.1 regulated?

Everyone on this forum is so quick to answer FIRST..........

Funny that you say that after my post. Do a search for posts by me, with the word "First" and 99% will be related to "First Strike" rounds and not me going "First". I'm willing to be you will find the overwhelming majority of the topics I post too lengthy.

In this case, I did read the question. I simply misinterpreted 'T4' because I did not remember a T9 video with 'remote mags' but, I did remember a T4 video with 'remote mags'. My Bad. I have a lot of first hand information to offer about T9s. More on that below:

I have to ask: Which gun are you talking about exactly? T9, T9.1, T4? It kind of sounds like the video you are actually describing is the T4 review where the remote line is built into the mag and, there is a 'selector switch' (the safety).

There is no 'remote line mag' for the T9 (while there is one for the T4), It's like B-Dazle said, the mag is converted. It only makes sense to do it to T9 mags because T9s have no other way of getting air. On the other hand, T9.1s have direct air connections which eliminate the need for mags with remote adapters (or even CO2 cartridges).

I have a T9 and it's a bit of a pain to go remote through the mag. You have to disconnect the air from the mag, drop the mag, replace the mag, reconnect air. It's not exactly quick.

If you have a T9.1, your air can go straight into the gun.

I don't know how much this applies to T9.1s but, the design is close enough to the T9 to at least consider it:

If you empty the mag, switching to the hopper can be difficult because the ball follower for FS rounds extends deeper into the breech opening than a normal PB mag, and catches the barrel, preventing it from rotating. While there is paint in the mag this isn't a problem. The overall greater breech thickness of T9.1 barrels might eliminate this problem but, since I don't have one, I can't rule it out.

You can rest assured there will not be a T9 E-Board for several reasons: No room in existing grip/lowers (the lower half of the gun, which is plastic). It would require a redesign of the regulator/trigger assembly and grip/lowers.

If you're considering getting a T9 to shoot First Strikes, don't. Get a T9.1 unless you're getting a good enough discount to overlook the lack of direct air, and the cost of converting the T9 to shoot First Strikes.

#7 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

The Celtic Warrior who BBQ'd your village

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

mike said something about it being regulated as for using HPA no chance of velocity drop with it
Current Set up SP1 with a Ninja 90/45 and Velocity And always rocking a Nerf sword
back Up A5 72/30 Pure energy JJ custom barrel

We Killed Humans FOR WE ARE BORG!!!!! RIP In the great PB field in the sky man YOU will BE MISSED!!

Posted Image

#8 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

I wonder if the new ASA on the 9.1 still has the whole on the bottom where you can screw in a nipple for a remote line. Anyone happen to know? on the t9 there was one

#9 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:38 AM

Yeah sorry about the confusion. I was actually talking about the T9.1. I should have been more specific about that.

I was initially going to use the remote line mags but like you were saying it would just take to long to disconect air to change a mag every time. My question about that though is if i use the ASA doesn't it have a place in the bottom of it that you can put a remote line nipple. I would rather run a remote line with a bigger tank than those small one plus they look stupid in the those stocks.

Also since you have used these markers can you tell me how good they run with HPA? Does the HPA work good with the FS rounds? i would like to use HPA with the marker.

Is the T9.1 regulated?

The T9.1 is designed to take air one of three ways:

1. Through the mag (with either 12grams or a mag-remote line adapter)
2. The Air Thru 13/3K stock or tank via the rear mounted on/off ASA
3. Remote line mounted to gun via a remote line nipple mounted to the bottom of the ASA. I personally don't know if their branded nipple/adapter has been released yet.

Options 2&3 require the installation of a dummy 12g nipple to keep the air from the tank or the remote bleeding out the grip when the mag is removed (or when using non-air mags). Here's a video overview of the options:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ4cBaJHraA

The propelling gas has no impact on FS rounds. It's the same as CO2 vs HPA for regular balls. CO2 gets more shots for the size of tank, suffers chilling if you fire fast enough and, is fairly outside air temperature sensitive. Final words: I use HPA and it works great.

All Tiberius guns feature built in regulators. However, don't expect that much from them in regards to making your shots consistent, it's more for safety than anything else. I've found with a good, consistent HPA tank, and a LAPCO .690 barrel, I get low single digit shot to shot FPS variation while using FS rounds. In one recent chrono string over a big red chrony, I got the same FPS three shots in a row. More frequently I get the same for two out of three. FS rounds don't vary much in their sizes like paintballs so, if your air system is consistent, you will get pretty consistent shots. Personally, I recommend Ninja branded air systems.

EDIT: 13CI tanks actually don't look that bad in my opinion and, from what I've heard from folks that have them, they get get roughly 100shots per fill (your mileage may very).

Edited by UV Halo, 13 December 2010 - 01:11 AM.

#10 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:16 AM

I wonder if the new ASA on the 9.1 still has the whole on the bottom where you can screw in a nipple for a remote line. Anyone happen to know? on the t9 there was one

Missed this post. T9 does not have a hole for attaching a remote line. The back of the T9 has: a dovetail for the stock, four tiny rear facing bolts that hold the fire chamber against the body, a right side facing relief valve screw, and a rear facing regulator/velocity adjustment screw. That's it.

To the best of my knowledge only the T9.1 has the remote line port on the rear of the gun.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users