• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:26 AM

Ok so I am sorta new to paintball I mostly play woodsball. I finally decided to step up from my a5 which i've dumped WAY to much money into and bought a used 08 EGO. Ok so hears my problem. I just stepped into a whole new realm hear and I'm feeling really lost. I keep seeing all these egos for sale with upgraded boards, upgraded bolts, this and that and I'm looking at this stuff like holly shit I don't even no how to turn this damn thing on. Im in Iraq right now and I've have been reading my ass off about PB stuff since I got here so I can have a lot more knowledge when i get home. I have learned a ton but I really need help with this new marker. I just won it on ebay but im not gunna get to see it till i get home in march so im gunna order some upgrades and stuff and i wanna try to find out what its all about before i get home. I basically new it was really expensive and mike said it was an awesome gun so i bought it. lol Mikes videos are so much help lol somebody hit me up and tell me so good info and upgrades about this gun. The manual i downloaded is confusing the shit out of me lol. thanks
LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY... - GEN. PATTON

#2 R-M-I

R-M-I

Angry Norwegian

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:29 AM

A ego don't need upgrades...

First you should use the marker, then decide if you "need" something changed or not..

#3 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:36 AM

Im seeing upgrades like Kila products detents, virtue lazer eyes, break beam lazer, tons of diff. regulators, ram kits, hush bolt, virtue board, tons of boards actually and I really am so new to these high end markers I don't know what Im looking at.

#4 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:38 AM

First you should use the marker, then decide if you "need" something changed or not..

yeah your right but its hard when your sitting over hear in the sandbox with money coming in and not many bills to not wanna deck this sucker out. Ive heard bad things about the detents on the 07 and 08? is the Kila any better? And does the 08 come with eyes already?

#5 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:58 AM

yeah your right but its hard when your sitting over hear in the sandbox with money coming in and not many bills to not wanna deck this sucker out. Ive heard bad things about the detents on the 07 and 08? is the Kila any better? And does the 08 come with eyes already?

The detents for the 07 and 08 are the same ones on the 10 and 11 so there is no problem with them. Kila detents wont make any difference and are pointless. The marker already comes with eyes.

If you really want to put an upgrade in the thing (which isnt needed) then toss in a techt hush bolt and call it a day.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#6 NDomipolo

NDomipolo

Tier 1 is coming....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

I have an ego 8 and had the same problem, but i decided to go with a new bolt for the gun. Every gun ive had i changed the bolt and it made a big difference, i shot about 500 shots on the stock bolt it didnt feel that bad,but then i put in a hush bolt and you dont here the popping noise that comes from an ego,its a really good upgrade.
I would also go with a zick2, you probably wont feel much kick from the gun since you are used to the A5 so kick may not be an issue,i may change mine some time soon but it isnt something that is necessary.
I would also go with a virtue board,that's something that im also planning on getting, the stock board is good,it comes with modes to get you through but the virtue board has a lot more options and has some cool modes and you will have complete control,and if your not a big fan of the trigger i would suggest changing it to a critical trigger.
And get a new barrel! I have an apex stiffi on it but am planning to put an apex 2 instead of the apex 1( its really helpful in woodsball)

#7 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

I have an ego 8 and had the same problem, but i decided to go with a new bolt for the gun. Every gun ive had i changed the bolt and it made a big difference, i shot about 500 shots on the stock bolt it didnt feel that bad,but then i put in a hush bolt and you dont here the popping noise that comes from an ego,its a really good upgrade.
I would also go with a zick2, you probably wont feel much kick from the gun since you are used to the A5 so kick may not be an issue,i may change mine some time soon but it isnt something that is necessary.
I would also go with a virtue board,that's something that im also planning on getting, the stock board is good,it comes with modes to get you through but the virtue board has a lot more options and has some cool modes and you will have complete control,and if your not a big fan of the trigger i would suggest changing it to a critical trigger.
And get a new barrel! I have an apex stiffi on it but am planning to put an apex 2 instead of the apex 1( its really helpful in woodsball)

Yeah I will def. look into the hush bolt. What part is the zick2? what does it replace? the solenoid im guessing? Yeah as for the board Im sure eventually I will upgrade the board to a virtue but I was going through the manual last night and was having quite a time just learning whats already in there. I'll probably use that board till i get to know it and if i get bored with it I will upgrade. The gun i bought came with a freak back, AA front. which is kinda cool cause I was about to buy one of those for my A5 before I decided to get a new marker. Ive never used the freak but i know bore to paint matching is a really good way to increase accuracy. It also came with the stock barrel. Im really wanting to change the colors with a CCU kit but those things are freaking few and far between. i really wanna go all dust red on my black ego. right now its got that bronze and is kinda dull to me. Or maby do that EGO camo CCU kit. I found the CAMO but not the dust red so i dunno

#8 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

The detents for the 07 and 08 are the same ones on the 10 and 11 so there is no problem with them. Kila detents wont make any difference and are pointless. The marker already comes with eyes.

If you really want to put an upgrade in the thing (which isnt needed) then toss in a techt hush bolt and call it a day.

So does ego call the eyes the Break Beam Sensor? cause in the manual it doesn't say anything about eyes it just talks about the break beam sensor and how to clean it and the detents.

#9 NDomipolo

NDomipolo

Tier 1 is coming....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

So does ego call the eyes the Break Beam Sensor? cause in the manual it doesn't say anything about eyes it just talks about the break beam sensor and how to clean it and the detents.

those are the "eyes"

#10 lashcoin

lashcoin

Chicken in the coop!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:53 PM

Yeah I will def. look into the hush bolt. What part is the zick2? what does it replace? the solenoid im guessing? Yeah as for the board Im sure eventually I will upgrade the board to a virtue but I was going through the manual last night and was having quite a time just learning whats already in there. I'll probably use that board till i get to know it and if i get bored with it I will upgrade. The gun i bought came with a freak back, AA front. which is kinda cool cause I was about to buy one of those for my A5 before I decided to get a new marker. Ive never used the freak but i know bore to paint matching is a really good way to increase accuracy. It also came with the stock barrel. Im really wanting to change the colors with a CCU kit but those things are freaking few and far between. i really wanna go all dust red on my black ego. right now its got that bronze and is kinda dull to me. Or maby do that EGO camo CCU kit. I found the CAMO but not the dust red so i dunno

The Zick 2 replaces the orginal zick which is the hammer that the bolt moves when fired.Animation Here

You also do not want a paint to barrel match. You want to over bore or under bore.
Posted Image
Purple CCI T-Stock
My Feedback 9/0/0
MAH GUNZ: Purple People Eater (CCI Phantom)
"A bag a day keeps the electro's away!"

#11 NDomipolo

NDomipolo

Tier 1 is coming....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

the zick 2 controls the pressure that the gun uses,there is a zick 1 in the ego now,when you buy a ccu kit just keep in mind that must dust caps dont fit on the ego 08. The zick 2 is stored right under where the bolt. The tighter bore wont increase the accuracy but it will make your gun more efficient.

#12 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:17 PM

Meh, just wait untill you've used it for a while, then decide if upgrade's are worth it.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#13 NDomipolo

NDomipolo

Tier 1 is coming....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

Meh, just wait untill you've used it for a while, then decide if upgrade's are worth it.

its up to him,he wants to know what things he can possibly upgrade and if he has the money he can go for it. Hes not spending your money, if you have the money and feel like you can use the upgrade(the upgrades wont ruin the gun) then go for it. You should shoot it stock to just feel it,just know that the upgrades will make it feel better, ive seen tons of people go into proshops buy a brand new gun and buy all the upgrades right then and there and have it put on and never even shoot the gun stock,its not necessary to upgrade but if you want to do it go for it.
It wont do anything to the gun and you do want to upgrade so do it.

im pretty sure that anyone who had the money to spend on paintball stuff they would upgrade there gun including you cocky.

#14 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

those are the "eyes"

I see. So does the virtue eyes work with the stand ego board or do you have to have a virtue board? and does the virtue eyes even make a difference? what color are the stock eyes in the ego. Im doing my marker in red and black so i was thinking about putting red virtue eyes in it.

#15 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

its up to him,he wants to know what things he can possibly upgrade and if he has the money he can go for it. Hes not spending your money, if you have the money and feel like you can use the upgrade(the upgrades wont ruin the gun) then go for it. You should shoot it stock to just feel it,just know that the upgrades will make it feel better, ive seen tons of people go into proshops buy a brand new gun and buy all the upgrades right then and there and have it put on and never even shoot the gun stock,its not necessary to upgrade but if you want to do it go for it.
It wont do anything to the gun and you do want to upgrade so do it.

im pretty sure that anyone who had the money to spend on paintball stuff they would upgrade there gun including you cocky.

Yeah I agree with both of you. I plan on get some upgrades but I am going to hold off on the board cause the board thats in there now is already confusing me lol. Im new to all this fancy stuff with menues and stuff. im used to the egrip with 1 button lol but i do want to make a few small upgrades while i got the money.

#16 usmercenary

usmercenary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

The Zick2 replaces the rammer in the gun. That might be an upgrade worth getting, and also the Techt Hush bolt. ive heard a lot of good things about the techt hush bolt. Also you can decide on a virtue board if you feel unsatisfied with the stock one. The freak kit is really cool that it came with that, definitely a worthy upgrade. I would recomend getting the smart parts parts all american front that is threaded for an apex tip, then also picking up the apex2. With that new apex ready all american front you can put the apex2 tip on it, and all that on your gun for one bad ass barrel system

#17 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

you will see no performance increase with new eyes. just aesthetic. If you want to see the red light in the breech (which only matters when you are looking into the breech) then get the laser eyes.

you dont have to change anything, really. The 08 ego is great. If it were an older ego, I would say to change the trigger, but the 08 has a good trigger.

If you want to, you could look into the hush/cure bolts for different sound signature and slightly more gentle on paint, or the zick kit for a smoother shot (which will mean lower maximum bps rate, if that matters to you- it will still be plenty fast though). But you should really shoot it a while to see if the kick/sound is something you even want to change in the first place.

other than that, I would leave it all stock. It is a great gun and will require no upgrading to shoot well.
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#18 NDomipolo

NDomipolo

Tier 1 is coming....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

you will see no performance increase with new eyes. just aesthetic. If you want to see the red light in the breech (which only matters when you are looking into the breech) then get the laser eyes.you dont have to change anything, really. The 08 ego is great. If it were an older ego, I would say to change the trigger, but the 08 has a good trigger.If you want to, you could look into the hush/cure bolts for different sound signature and slightly more gentle on paint, or the zick kit for a smoother shot (which will mean lower maximum bps rate, if that matters to you- it will still be plenty fast though). But you should really shoot it a while to see if the kick/sound is something you even want to change in the first place.other than that, I would leave it all stock. It is a great gun and will require no upgrading to shoot well.

yea what he said

it not necessary to get eyes,the stock ones dont have a colored beam(the gun will tell you if the beam isnt working).
Just stick to getting a zick 2 and a hush bolt those are good worthy upgrades that wil change the way the gun shoots and feels

#19 TommyVaughn

TommyVaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

Aight sounds good thanks fellas.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users